It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What if a person could predict time and space,could they then travel through time.In order to accurately predict time we have to have knowledge of a point in time that has significance.First let me clarify what I mean by time.Time would be what we know it as,or how long we are able to inhabit time as we know it until we pass to where,well,have to wait on that one.
Space is the distance between oneself and a point in time.Okay with that being said let me further explain what I am trying to say.Example being,for instance.When I go to work I have a schedule.I work say 7 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.By knowing ahead of time that 4 o clock was the point in time I got off work,I could then plan ahead of myself whatever it is I wish.So in essence having prior knowlege of a point in time(4 o clock)I can make plans even further in time,space being the time relative to the point in time.Am I making sense?
Okay..I know that it's simple but hear me out.Now on the other hand if I had no foreknowledge of what point in time I were leaving work I wouldn't be able to accurately predict what I was gonna do the following week.So by knowing beforehand time I can then accurately know what I am going to do next week before it happens.Would this be transcending time?Wouldn't the space between time be time it's self?
If Let's say I am going on a 30 mile trip next week,I have been surpassing time by preparing for my travels and researching routes ect..by knowing the time between time;and that is space.
To further explain what I am saying I will use another example,same scenerio with a different person.Frank has planned the same trip,but Frank doesn't know the space he's traveling.So we set out at 2 p.m.,same place and time,we'll say point 1.Thirty miles ahead of us.I arrive at 2:30,Frank at 2:45.I then again set-off to point 2,and now Frank is 20 minutes behind,Then point 3 so on and so forth.Would the person who has foreknowledge of time,time being the distance between time,travel faster through space?Does knowledge of a point in time help to travel to that point faster by knowing in advance it's existence.And if the answer is yes then is it possible for some to be further in time than others,and more advanced by surpassing time more quickly by knowing events?

Can one travel through time and space here on Earth by having advanced technologies that predict future events.I don't mean predicting the stock market or anything of that nature.I mean being able to predict a catstrophic event?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

We already can predict catastrophic events.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
sorry bro, some bad news. i dont believe this myself, i still think theres a chance, but w/e only time will tell. haha

www.xydo.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by Daedal

We already can predict catastrophic events.

What if there are individuals who have been accelerating through time more quickly than others and have been doing so for a long time.Would this put them ahead of the others in time since they traversed it faster than others.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Time travel will never exist.
How do I know this?
If at some point if is ever invented, then by law, it will have always existed.
It doesn't currently exist, therefor, it will never happen.

Hope you can wrap your brain around that and take it all in. Cause it's deep.
edit on 8-8-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
How do I know this?

Just because you don't know about it..doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You are in time..to travel it you have to be outside it.

You are in the video that I am fast forwarding and rewinding..of course you don't know that I can do this..you are just celluloid.

Peace
edit on 8-8-2011 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

sure about that?

edit on 8/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I like your line of thinking.

Several years ago i extrapolated from various thoughts that the only thing that makes sense is if the universe is one dimensional..no beginning or end, includes everything, if has 2 dimensions or more it has sides therefore something on the other side of it and thus is not everything...lol. Looked up online found no like thinkers but last year I found some guy that believes the universe is one dimensional and has something besides just thought travel to back it up..

keep pontificating my friend..My wife now swears that the universe is one dimensional..my thought train convinced her..I fully believed at the time myself..now I am not so sure.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You will still be at the same place, even if you got there quicker.

let's say we both where able to speed through time, except i can do it quicker(hypothetically).

So we go to January 1st, 2012. Ill get there, lets say, a day or two faster, but we will both meet each other at the same date and time.

Using your analogy:

If you got to your destination 30 minutes faster, you still got to the same destination. The destination itself did not change, and still exists 30 minutes later.

If you are talking about managing your time, so that you make the best of it, well then that's another story.

No offense but your post did seem a bit confusing. Sorry if i had misinterpreted what you where trying to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
lol whoops misread the post
edit on 8/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
From my understanding, the fabric of time that can form bridges between events in the past and the future, can be visualised as a web of time - there are junctions between different points, however, there is no specific structure, and the linkages occur at different levels, for example, an event in a higher dimension (as distinguished from a higher plane) can connect two events from our history, and two events in a higher dimension can be linked to another event in a higher dimension the the prior.

Travel thus, is the ability to transcend the time barrier, and thus one would exist in the latticeworks of time, their ability to change time would only occur on a higher-dimensional level, the effects of thier actions being filtered into the lower dimensions, appearing as linear time.

It should also be noted, that each of our actions are also occuring on higher-dimensional levels, so even a simple action in the present can have multiple consequences occuring at various points in the future.

There is a theory, that there are parallell realities, that our physical realm is experienced differently for each person, so basically, my timeline is different to your timeline, and there are various bridges across timelines, for instance, the existence of ATS and a formal language that can be transmitted across to other realities and interpreted in the exact same manner.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

let's say we both where able to speed through time, except i can do it quicker(hypothetically).

So we go to January 1st, 2012. Ill get there, lets say, a day or two faster, but we will both meet each other at the same date and time.

Okay,agreed.But what if you didn't wait for me.You kept progressing.The gap eventually going from days to weeks,months and years?Even though the destination stays the same I would be way behind you,further and further everyday.
To illustrate another example let's say their is a race,and both of us have been given the points in time or desinations we are to pursure,their are 60 points.We leave at the same time,same day,ect..We know that this race will last years if not decades based on the space between time points.
So we set off.Each of us with exactly the same gear and equipment.When you reach point 20 five years has passed by already,but I am at point 10,and already you have traveled twice the distance.So by the time we reach the last point ,is it fair to say that you would have done it in 15 years,then 25 years later I would finish.
But that's not all.Their is another race to pursue right after you completed the last.Same race,different points,so on and so forth.
Would you in essence be traveling through time faster than I am even though we are at the date,month and year?

edit on 8-8-2011 by Daedal because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

doesnt this post contradict the thread you just started here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

although I am not sure why I bother with this as neither has much merit

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by BrnBdry

It appears so..Hhhmmmm.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by BrnBdry

No. Why you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Okay,agreed.But what if you didn't wait for me.You kept progressing.The gap eventually going from days to weeks,months and years?Even though the destination stays the same I would be way behind you,further and further everyday.
To illustrate another example let's say their is a race,and both of us have been given the points in time or desinations we are to pursure,their are 60 points.We leave at the same time,same day,ect..We know that this race will last years if not decades based on the space between time points.
So we set off.Each of us with exactly the same gear and equipment.When you reach point 20 five years has passed by already,but I am at point 10,and already you have traveled twice the distance.So by the time we reach the last point ,is it fair to say that you would have done it in 15 years,then 25 years later I would finish.
But that's not all.Their is another race to pursue right after you completed the last.Same race,different points,so on and so forth.
Would you in essence be traveling through time faster than I am even though we are at the date,month and year?

No i would be traveling through space at a faster rate, not time. Unless i am moving significantly faster than you, then according to Einstein i am actually traveling through time faster. But if we are moving at the same speed, i just happen to have a better route, then we are actually traveling through time at the same rate.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No i would be traveling through space at a faster rate, not time. Unless i am moving significantly faster than you, then according to Einstein i am actually traveling through time faster. But if we are moving at the same speed, i just happen to have a better route, then we are actually traveling through time at the same rate.

Okay understood.So let's say you were going twice as fast as I was,moving through space quicker,and according to Einstein therefore traveling through time faster as well?Would that be correct?
Take the same scenerio above which you just replied too,and apply the speed variation to it.Would then in essence you be traveling through time faster than me even though we are sharing the same day,month and year?To add to this let's say at each junction or point in reference we would be rewarded with knowledge,how to make a wheel.Then the next point,how to build a wagon,the next,how to use horses to draw the wagon and the one after how to use horses for plowing.
What I am getting at is is it possible that there are people who have accelerated forward at a faster rate than others,doing things more quickly and utilizing time effeciently enough to be far superior and advanced?
The topic in and of it's self is not about time traveling as one would think,such as you referred to using Einsteins theory.But rather utilizing time more effeciently to surpass others in time as we know it to be.
Let's say at point 40 in the above scenerio I have recieved enough knowledge that I can start to suppress and control the amount of knowledge you can get,but all the while I am advancing,years and years beyond you,and far superior in my knowledge,still moving forward,but you have come to a stop or near halt,because you have been restricted.
I hope I am making sense,please forgive me if I sound foolish.Now here is where I think I can tie it together.There's you who has certain knowledge of things,and there's me who has vast knowledge and still progressing forward,unrestricted,but all the while restricting your ability to gain knowledge.I then start devising technology that is able to predict events in the future and bring that knowledge back in time to the present,to utilize as intelligence to stage an outcome.Example:let's say for a year I knew that there was going to be an impact of some sort on Earth and you are unaware.I have taken one years worth of time and brought it to the present time and prepared for it.You on the other hand had no foreknowledge.
As example only:You've heard the saying that our government is decades ahead of us in technology.Are we living the same reality and time they are in or are they in a different dimension inside the same dimension we are in?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Okay understood.So let's say you were going twice as fast as I was,moving through space quicker,and according to Einstein therefore traveling through time faster as well?Would that be correct?
Take the same scenerio above which you just replied too,and apply the speed variation to it.Would then in essence you be traveling through time faster than me even though we are sharing the same day,month and year?To add to this let's say at each junction or point in reference we would be rewarded with knowledge,how to make a wheel.Then the next point,how to build a wagon,the next,how to use horses to draw the wagon and the one after how to use horses for plowing.
What I am getting at is is it possible that there are people who have accelerated forward at a faster rate than others,doing things more quickly and utilizing time effeciently enough to be far superior and advanced?
The topic in and of it's self is not about time traveling as one would think,such as you referred to using Einsteins theory.But rather utilizing time more effeciently to surpass others in time as we know it to be.
Let's say at point 40 in the above scenerio I have recieved enough knowledge that I can start to suppress and control the amount of knowledge you can get,but all the while I am advancing,years and years beyond you,and far superior in my knowledge,still moving forward,but you have come to a stop or near halt,because you have been restricted.
I hope I am making sense,please forgive me if I sound foolish.Now here is where I think I can tie it together.There's you who has certain knowledge of things,and there's me who has vast knowledge and still progressing forward,unrestricted,but all the while restricting your ability to gain knowledge.I then start devising technology that is able to predict events in the future and bring that knowledge back in time to the present,to utilize as intelligence to stage an outcome.Example:let's say for a year I knew that there was going to be an impact of some sort on Earth and you are unaware.I have taken one years worth of time and brought it to the present time and prepared for it.You on the other hand had no foreknowledge.
As example only:You've heard the saying that our government is decades ahead of us in technology.Are we living the same reality and time they are in or are they in a different dimension inside the same dimension we are in?

How is someone in a different dimension inside of a dimension? Are you saying our government lives in a completely different world and has us stuck in some past?
edit on 12-8-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Niave stance. But only TIME will tell!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

How do I know this?

We lost 1.26 microseconds (millionths of a second) in time during the Chilean earthquake scientists say.

Cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev holds the world record for TIME TRAVEL. He traveled 0.02 seconds into the future.

So the rotation of the Earth seems to be key in time travel. The slight stopping of it during the earthquake casued us to lose time, and the cosmonaut traveling faster caused him to go forward in time. So to me, it's simple. Either travel really fast the direction of Earth (WHILE IN ORBIT) or travel in the opposite direction of the Earth (WHILE IN ORBIT) and vuala, you should easily accomplish what was once unthinkable.

I'm sure speed, and time spend up there in that speed, would determine how long you go forward, or backwards depending on the direction you are going.

source: TIme travel IS possible, and it's not that hard to do.,

And you can't see why he says that your post in conflicting with your Topic?

Look at the bolded underlined parts, maybe you get it now. Apperantly you have no clue to what you post, since you say here time travel is impossible because it doesn't exist now and therefor will never exist. While in the topic YOU created, you give YOUR theory on how time travel works and IS possible.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Required01 because: typo

edit on 12-8-2011 by Required01 because: another typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join