It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial crisis: full force of US downgrade is felt around the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Hey...hello again!

So here's where we are currently.

Looks...uh...sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees both the SEAL 6 story and the S&P downgrade happening at the same time as a big propaganda tactic?

I'm not discounting the loss of life by any means, if in fact there was a true loss of life, but the timing seems TOO impeccable...

As far as the markets go, 3% is a correction not a bloodbath. Things will go on as usual until the next crisis comes along or is created.

Just wait till people start seeing the price increases as a result of all of the producing companies living on credit lines from big banks getting an interest hike.... that will be a bloodbath.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Asking for a friend who is vested gov employee/ can wait 1 & 1/2 yrs to get all or about 1/2 of NOW.
NOW or LATER? is there a later as to state & federal pay outs to employees if the economy collapses?

So MANY around me are STILL in the dark it is SHOCKING.

My own gut tells me NOW, there is no later, only one world gov. Then rise of anti christ..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Great video. However we have nothing to worry about the chinese.
they need us more than we need them at this point.

And I like how this video shows how far ahead the chinese think.
We think of the immediate future. The chinese plan ahead decades into the future.
I guess due to their long history.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
What does China produce? I mean really.

From what I've seen, the best they can do is stock Wal-mart shelves. Why are they considered such a threat? Half of their population is starving, and the other half is sucking off of the US's hind tit.

I say we tell them to take a flying leap and see where that gets them.
edit on 8/8/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Pure ignorance, China produces much more than you think they do. They actually produce almost Apple's complete line of products, they produce the furniture you own, the clothing you wear, the stationary you use and everything in between. They have rather low poverty levels (if you are willing to accept that lol) which means NO, half of China isn't starving like you think (silly boy).

Where do you get your information from? or are you just so afraid of losing your macho Americana way of life, you'll make anything up to discredit the other side?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
If anyones watching Euro stocks right now, this article says it best.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

The early rally in Europe is already over, and the mood has turned to the negative, big time.

Italy, which had been up over 3% in early going is now off 0.5%.

Germany is down about 2%.

France is down 1.8%.

In the U.S., futures are down about 2.5% — close to the worst of the day — after at one point being just off less than 1%.

Already a crazy day, and most of you aren’t even up yet.

Treasury yields have also been up and down this a.m., while U.S. stock futures for their part have at least been consistent so far: Down, down and down.

And here's a screenshot from marketwatch.com

Minutes after the European stocks opened

And here's how they stand at the moment

Well the European markets certainly aren't looking good and this does seem to be across the board to an extent. With Hong Kong being down I'm wondering what kind of an indication this gives as to China's vulnerability in this situation. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for staying on topic!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Was watching Barry address the U.S. nation again toady. Did anyone else find it a little creepy when he mentioned earthquakes? Thought it was a little odd and outta place?

Just me ? or a subliminal warning?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Closing bell just rang for US stocks. Here's the latest

It may take a few more minutes to completely settle, but.....jeeez. This blew last thursday out of the water!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Wow those figures do seem quite alarming, if they continue to plunge then this may actually be it. It's very interesting that this doesn't seem to be more of a big deal in the MSM, maybe things just need to catch on a bit and I guess ats'ers are very quick. How bad, from an economists perspective are those numbers? Can anyone shed some light on this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join