It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial crisis: full force of US downgrade is felt around the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Look I totally agree with you, but is that possible? With this steep decline and inevitable collapse is this really an option? I know that it is ideal but we need to be realistic about this. With the average family struggling to afford to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families with nutritious food I actually find it unlikely that people would be gladly pay more for necessities they already can't afford just so they can be made in the US, just doesnt seem likely to me is all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The solution cannot immediately be to abandon old overseas factories and build new factories for obvious reasons.

US needs to pay it's debt but the rich are being stupid little chicken #s because it's almost the end of the world.

What we have is a lot of food so keep that in mind and we need to hold on to policies that make it difficult for banks to make us move or whatever. So many people are losing jobs and are in foreclosure but they have a hard time making a lot of people move because of these policies. This is OUR #ing country. I'd rather all that bank crap collapse at once because they can't # with us all at the same time... unless they just start killing us.

We have to pay other countries outside of our own back though.
Their people have to eat too. Regardless, we have to do the right thing even if a greedy douchebags run our country.... or the banks... or whatever.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What so they produce?

Every bit of electronics you can think of. Try to imagine the US without that.

The US military is terribly trained and only survive because of the technological advantage, remove that and its curtains.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

Originally posted by OldCorp
I guess at some point I'll have to replace it; with a keyboard made in TAIWAN!

I wonder how long till the Mainland takes back their wayward child

Did you read this ...ho hum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun mate

This will also be an issue for the States as they currently support Taiwan and sell them weapons (I believe) and this has been an issue for quite awhile. If China takes back Taiwan, which they will eventually do the US will be forced to make a decision as to what to do about it, if they engage China in this region then war it surely is. Taiwan is also another trigger point.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If we just pay these countries back, how can they all of the sudden be against us unless they are overcome with madness? Your military service people don't want to annihilate the public... but YES... SOMEBODY is trying to start a damn fight I think.... with division in our own government. This debt issue is old. They have the money... someone does.... or resources of some sort. we still have PLENTY of available resources. as a matter of fact, if the government really wanted it could tell all the bank to # off declare martial law and take back the country and let people stay put and start sending SOMETHING to the people we owe!

# bankers... they don't make sh!t... they just shuffle it around. When their money becomes worthless and the dollar falls they will get it.... but this is our damn country. We want an entire collapse because our military will back us up! don't even second guess it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by hawkiye

That's not taking the medicine. That's drinking the kool-aid. There's got to be hundreds of things we can do to fix the situation. Just off the top of my head, we could legalize some illegal drugs and tax the hell out of them. Then pay debts with that.

You don't understand the problem there is no money it is all debt. Throwing more debt notes at it will not fix the problem it will make it worse It can't be fixed. Going further into debt to pay debt DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. It only prolongs the collapse of your lifestyle and makes it all that more worse when it does happen.

Where do you think the money comes from? Legalizing drugs and taxing them will not suddenly create the money needed to pay the debts. It has to be printed or book entered and this creates more interest and more debt.... The debt can never be paid ever under this system it creates perpetual debt by its very nature. It is unsustainable and the sooner it ends the better!

We must come to terms with the fact that the politicians have consigned us to at least a decade and possibly more of hell because of corruption and incompetence.
edit on 8-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So let me get this straight - some stock markets are being forced to close early because they are showing huge drops in the market? Do I smell government intervention here trying to delay their inevitable demise?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
With all the trade we have done with China and these other countries since the beginning of history how could we POSSIBLY want to put division there for the sake of the almighty dollar?

FVCK the BANKS!

The whole damn thing was meant to fall.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD IT JUST FALL ALREADY!
edit on 8-8-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Very true. It seems it was the rich who have gotten the US in this state, it is greed essentially that has caused this, greed and corruption. The sad truth is that globalist psychopaths who manipulate world markets and gamble with their own countries economic future don't care about their fellow people, let alone their fellow people in far away countries that they have been screwing consistently since it became possible.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

You certainly do my friend......Rather delaying the moment until people accept the reality of the situation

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

The problem as I see it is there was a GFC where hundreds of billions in tax dollar money was spent propping up failing companies and more importantly a failing system and subsequently... nothing has happened to improve the failed architecture of the system. Regulation has not been improved sufficiently (if at all). What we are seeing is the flow on. You're right this is something that will impact the world, not just the USA. Problem is it's up to the USA to take the lead with reforming a system that is failing all across the world. To date I don't see that happening.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

This will also be an issue for the States as they currently support Taiwan and sell them weapons (I believe) and this has been an issue for quite awhile. If China takes back Taiwan, which they will eventually do the US will be forced to make a decision as to what to do about it, if they engage China in this region then war it surely is. Taiwan is also another trigger point.....

Indeed friend

It's a matter of both pride and neccessity for the Chinese "government" , and something that I watch with interest and apprehension . I do believe that the time approaches faster than is good for anyone.

Not much fun then eh ?

edit on 8-8-2011 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Do you even believe the stuff you say? There is no money? Sure money can be described as a debt note but it's still money. In case you didn't know, the world has been using debt notes as money for a very long time now.

How can you argue a debt note that can be traded for goods and or services can't repay our debts?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Here's another update on the European stocks.

Minutes after they opened

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22cfcaa30794.jpg[/atsimg]

Now a few hours after they opened

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de6b6679be2f.jpg[/atsimg]

The ECB announcment did really last too long....

ETA - The screenshots come from marketwatch.com
edit on 8-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

Gold is up by +3.70%....+61
edit on 8-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Off to see a band for the night guys, thanks for the replies!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Look I totally agree with you, but is that possible? With this steep decline and inevitable collapse is this really an option? I know that it is ideal but we need to be realistic about this. With the average family struggling to afford to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families with nutritious food I actually find it unlikely that people would be gladly pay more for necessities they already can't afford just so they can be made in the US, just doesnt seem likely to me is all.

I'm not saying the average Wal-mart shopper would be "happy" with paying a bit extra (God knows I can use every penny I can pick up off the sidewalk) but I DO think it is a necessity; and with coupons and a bit of research in the ad section of the Sunday paper, I come out about even.

Wal-mart IS cheap, there is no doubt about it; but if we had all of the jobs that currently go to slave labor in China, Indonesia, and India, I think we'd be much better off. IMO, "off-shoring" our industrial labor force (done by large corporations that only care about their bottom line) is what has killed this country's economy.

I had an MRI done a few years back and was told that I'd get the results back as soon as the films were read by the imaging technician: in India. Seems that instead of the old "film" MRI's used to use, all of the new images are digital. Being digital, they can instantly be emailed to a technician on the other side of the planet to be interpreted. You can't even be a DOCTOR in the US without the fear of losing your job to some third-world usurper.

I'm sorry, but there is something VERY wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

I'm not saying the average Wal-mart shopper would be "happy" with paying a bit extra (God knows I can use every penny I can pick up off the sidewalk) but I DO think it is a necessity; and with coupons and a bit of research in the ad section of the Sunday paper, I come out about even.

Wal-mart IS cheap, there is no doubt about it; but if we had all of the jobs that currently go to slave labor in China, Indonesia, and India, I think we'd be much better off. IMO, "off-shoring" our industrial labor force (done by large corporations that only care about their bottom line) is what has killed this country's economy.

I had an MRI done a few years back and was told that I'd get the results back as soon as the films were read by the imaging technician: in India. Seems that instead of the old "film" MRI's used to use, all of the new images are digital. Being digital, they can instantly be emailed to a technician on the other side of the planet to be interpreted. You can't even be a DOCTOR in the US without the fear of losing your job to some third-world usurper.

I'm sorry, but there is something VERY wrong with that.

HA! That's genius... in a very twisted sort of way... because an Indian doctor will do it cheap because it's cheaper to live there. If you lived there you would take advantage of opportunity, right? I guess doctors insurance is so high over here that fair market puts US doctors at a disadvantage. Our standards are pretty high too. Now we are talking about lawyers instead of bankers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Oh... almost forgot.

Screw the lawyers!

Not personally, some of them are very nice people and will even fight for your rights... whichs helps to give us such high standards in the first the first place.

So what I mean to say is "Screw their jobs"

They'd rather sit around and talk about the world all day anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If anyones watching Euro stocks right now, this article says it best.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

The early rally in Europe is already over, and the mood has turned to the negative, big time.

Italy, which had been up over 3% in early going is now off 0.5%.

Germany is down about 2%.

France is down 1.8%.

In the U.S., futures are down about 2.5% — close to the worst of the day — after at one point being just off less than 1%.

Already a crazy day, and most of you aren’t even up yet.

Treasury yields have also been up and down this a.m., while U.S. stock futures for their part have at least been consistent so far: Down, down and down.

And here's a screenshot from marketwatch.com

Minutes after the European stocks opened

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22cfcaa30794.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's how they stand at the moment

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fafaa13a273b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

What does China produce? I mean really.

From what I've seen, the best they can do is stock Wal-mart shelves. Why are they considered such a threat? Half of their population is starving, and the other half is sucking off of the US's hind tit.

I say we tell them to take a flying leap and see where that gets them.
edit on 8/8/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Obviously you have not been to China. And obviously, you believe all the hate propaganda in the media. Go to China, travel China, then come back and say half their population is starving

<< 1  2    4 >>

join