It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Earthquake Rattles Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Did they just agree to something recently? When 'rare' occurrences start happening in Israel, I get a little concerned.

www.myweathertech.com...
edit on 8-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

God got upset that the markets closed there...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Did they agree to something like what? Even rare earthquakes happen in weird places all over the world... I dunno, I think it's just a per chance event. However, if it becomes an earthquake SWARM, I will be back here to revise my statement and call upon God. lol

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Why do you get concerned?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
not so rare

There have been around 25 quakes recorded in the region in the last 6 months, the majority of which have ranged between 2-4 on the Richter Scale. A 6.1 magnitude quake struck in the eastern Mediterranean, southwest of Cyprus, on April 1st last and was felt in coastal regions of Israel.

darnit, I was all excited too

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention

Why do you get concerned?

I'm a christian. Read the Gospels' the Apocalypse of Peter(Unpublished in KJV. Deemed unnecessary to know by the catholic church.) and the Book of Revelations
I would acknowledge the recent quake activity over the last 6 months. It wasn't so active till 6 months ago. They do have quakes. Just infrequently.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here you go:

Magnitude 4.1
Date-Time Sunday, August 07, 2011 at 08:52:25 UTC
Sunday, August 07, 2011 at 11:52:25 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 32.506°N, 34.214°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles)
Region DEAD SEA REGION
Distances 71 km (44 miles) NW of Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
80 km (49 miles) WSW of Haifa, Israel
103 km (64 miles) WNW of Nablus, West Bank
125 km (77 miles) NW of JERUSALEM, Israel

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 27.1 km (16.8 miles); depth +/- 2.8 km (1.7 miles)
Parameters NST= 28, Nph= 30, Dmin=285 km, Rmss=0.83 sec, Gp=245°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=6
Source Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005a3q

Source

If you look at the map HERE You'll see there are actually a couple of faults near the epicenter (lines in red).
edit on 8-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

ohhhh we're going to take the religious route

then I have only one question
in a book full of "history" why do we always assume "revelations" is a prophecy, rather than a historical account of something that was going on in the past?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

ohhhh we're going to take the religious route

then I have only one question
in a book full of "history" why do we always assume "revelations" is a prophecy, rather than a historical account of something that was going on in the past?

You just basically asked him which school of interpretation does he subscribe to, the Preterists, or the Futurists.

That debate exists in almost every faith to a certain degree. Muslims always debate about the nature of the antichrist. Some taking the text literally, and believing him to be a man, and some using the match that is given to describe his rule, and believe him to have already emerged and ruled from first Britain, then the US, and after the economy dies completely, Israel. I was on the line, but as I see the events unfolding, I'm starting to believe the not a man explanation.
edit on 8-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Point blank, Jesus warned what to look for. You should look up the Apocalypse of Peter. Its another point of view.
I know a lot of people go on about the religious debate, but seriously, do any religions witness their faith alive as do the christians. You have videos from all over the world of what followers say is the Virgin Mary at mass. I can offer no explanation.
The exorcism of Emily Rose. Seen it? This was based on criminal court records in addition to eyewitness accounts.
I don't hear about apparitions of Buddha or Abraham?(islam)
There is a bust of Jesus in Bolivia that cries tears that turn red after dark. A solid rock. This is documented.
You just have not opened your eyes.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Point blank, Jesus warned what to look for. You should look up the Apocalypse of Peter. Its another point of view.

I haven't read it. So, are these the signs that are happening right before the rapture?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
People started seeing the signs of the end times the day after it was written and will still be seeing them 2000 years from now.

Nothing new

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My position on the Holy Bible is that it was interpretted by man. It was edited by man(into english). There are many books of the Gospel that were not published in the Bible, not because God said so, but because a man deemed it so. Now in this, I realize we're not getting the whole story. Half the truth is still a lie and is as about as useful.
By my reckoning, all I can really do is abide the commandments, pray, treat everyone like blood, and hope it's close enough.
We were 1 race until the tower of babel. We were split up. Each race kept their own interpretation and views of God. The Old Testment, the Torah and the koran all parallel each other up until the time of Christ's birth. The Torah and koran both "acknowledged" that Jesus walked when the New Testament said he did. The other major religions just believe that Jesus escaped the cross, and thus could not be the Messiah.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Some in the US are reminding Israel "you cant out run Haarp" Heres a SMALL sample of what we can do to you. An attempt at trying to send a message maybe? Just a thought..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well everything that's in the bible is there because God wants it in there. He didn't leave it up to man to decide but had a hand in it. If I had lived back there maybe I would have written a Gospel but that doesn't mean it should have been included.

At least that's the theory

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Every one of the apostles wrote a book. Only 4 were published in the Bible. We are supposed to know.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Makes you wonder if the next one will split the temple mount

Dividing it by north and south

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Every one of the apostles wrote a book. Only 4 were published in the Bible. We are supposed to know.

Like I said. If God is all powerful and wants to have a bible written you can assume only the Gospels he wants in it is going to make it.

Just because one of the Apostle's decides he want's to write his stories down doesn't overrule Gods desire to have it in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

reply to post by kro32

Like I said. If God is all powerful and wants to have a bible written you can assume only the Gospels he wants in it is going to make it.

Just because one of the Apostle's decides he want's to write his stories down doesn't overrule Gods desire to have it in the Bible.

when popes decide to rewrite the bible and decide what goes in and what goes out, the mythical "god" doesn't have a say in anything...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Aren't they digging for oil right there? Don't know if they're fracking, but if so, couldn't that account for triggering the EQ activity?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join