It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs shoot up bus with A.K. 47

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

When did I say crime rate will drop? Don't put words in my mouth. All I'm saying is, if people were armed, even the thugs would have more respect in bringing their illegal firearms. Even though those thugs lack brain cells, they would think twice if there was a chance of getting shot by someone.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Statements like this of yours implies that crime rates would drop.

This is where your logic fails. If robbers knew a place was armed, they wouldn't just bring more people. They would think twice before they try to rob that place. Same thing goes here, if those idiots knew people were armed they would think twice before they start shooting at an unarmed bus.

If people are now thinking twice about commiting crimes than some of them who usually would have now wouldn't thus dropping the crime rate.

You put your own words in your mouth.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

You didn't read the whole thread did you

If the people would have been armed they would have shot back thereby causing a firefight in the middle of the street with the odds going to the guys with the AK's. There were children on that bus who would have been caught in the crossfire.

No guns on the bus the thugs shot, it appeared they were looking for someone, and just bailed. They obviously weren't there to slaughter everyone. Had people shot back they would have also more than likely.

sorry man, the first 2 shots coming out of the bus and/or from the street would have sent them running.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So...mother didn't like the threat the man made about calling Child Protective Services. Fine. I can understand that.

But then she calls men with guns to shoot at a bus WITH WOMEN & CHILDREN ON BOARD!!!????

*facepalm*

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Statements like this of yours implies that crime rates would drop.

This is where your logic fails. If robbers knew a place was armed, they wouldn't just bring more people. They would think twice before they try to rob that place. Same thing goes here, if those idiots knew people were armed they would think twice before they start shooting at an unarmed bus.

If people are now thinking twice about commiting crimes than some of them who usually would have now wouldn't thus dropping the crime rate.

You put your own words in your mouth.

No they would just look for easier targets such as yourself that's for gun control... Once again, don't put words in my mouth please!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Most people that want to commit a crime want to do it, get it done, and get out of there. Unless they are specifically looking to kill someone they usually won't unless forced too. Now if you pull out a gun odds are they are going to shoot back whereas before they would just tell you to shut up and get down.

If somebody want's to rob a bank and everyone can be assumed to be armed where in the world are they going to move on too? Briton?

If guns were legally allowed to be carried these men would not have moved on to an easier target because the law says everyone can have a gun so the next bus is the same as this one. That is my point.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
When people engage this level of wanton carnage, they should expect the same in return. If they want to play by these rules, they shouldn't complain when a swat team comes through their door and pumps them full of lead.

There are respectable criminals in this world, these are not a part of that group. No regard for life whatsoever...

I agree with you here.
These guys just shot up a bus, everyone rides the bus, everyones got family who rides the bus.
No excuse, only a nutter would do that and nutters belong in a nut house not on the street.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
of course they use an AK, its ass holes like this that give that rifle a bad rap. i swear you cant say the word AK47 now without getting looks like you're the gorram uni-bomber

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And just think about the people that want all types of guns legal and to be legally carried around like the old west. Under their reasoning the people could have fought back, which they would have, and you would have ended up with quite a few dead people on that bus instead of what happened.

Yep let's push for that.

Kro....a lack of understanding regarding firearms and firearm training are certainly contributing to your opinions regarding gun laws. There are stories everyday of law abiding citizens defending themselves and their families with legally purchased firearms. Do not use a video of a bunch of thugs wielding illegal firearms as an attempt to prove your point.
I am a law abiding citizen who just happens to have a Concealed carry license....It would not have been some big massive shootout if I was on the bus. That is not how you are trained to use your firearm, it is a last ditch attempt to save your life or those around you. Everyone would have still hit the floor, while the entrance was covered if the thugs tried to board the bus. That is it. I am not going to stand up and fire a weapon when the bus is getting riddled with bullets, I am also not going to fire into the open when there are obviously additional innocents around.

Thankfully everyone is alive and well, thanks to the bus driver flooring it, and the moron of a gunmen's horrible shot.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Hmmm... Which barmy bugger decided that American citizens should be allowed to carry ( And presumably have the right to use.) guns, whether held legally, or as in this case illegally ? Yes, I know, it's part of the American Constitution, the right to bear arms, ( Which needs revoking - not going to happen ? ) When I hear about incidents like this, I'm glad I live in a quiet North Yorkshire market town in the u.k; with its minor faults. We have had less than a handful of gun nuts go on the rampage here, ( U.k. generally.) but they are rare, exceptional cases... I feel sympathy for innocent, law abiding Americans, who have to live with this ever present threat. And no, I don't think arming everybody is the answer. Just my opinion, not intended to upset anyone.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
it would have been nice if someone on the bus returned fire.
gunnup and amo up.
'an armed society is a polite society.'

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Wow, very disturbing, what ever happened to good old fashioned assault? honestly, someones says you shouldn't grab your kid roughly and smack them, so you tell your friends to murder everyone on the bus?

forgive me for not reading past this first post. Anyone want to tell me how many pages in before someones says:

"If someone had a conceal and carry this wouldn't have happened"

epic, the post right above me, epic.

Yes, tossing more guns in the mix is the path to safety. and no, i'm not retarded, i know full well these guns weren't purchased legally.
edit on 8-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Pure Ignorance. To settle an argument over disciplining a kid requires you to shoot out a bus?
These thugs and this mother are not the sharpest tools in the tool box. And we wonder why today's teens are so violent and disrespectful when their parents and family members act the way they do.

As for the lady involving her self in a mother disciplining her child, she should have minded her own business unless it was extremely abusive.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
smh @ earth Gangsta behavior... Oh what shall the reaction be with the cosmos if BALANCE APPROACHED W/ PLASMA EMITTERS. This is PURE ignorance displayed thtat goes on in many urban communities. These individuals have no respect for others lives AS IF THEY CREATED IT. No care of who is on the bus who got hit JUST AS LONG AS THE GANGSTA PERSONA IS UPHELD to their friends associates GOONZ smh. I would bet tears would drop from all their eyes if the starz approached w/ judgment. So as the gangstaz run with their old world cold war military weapons in hand its observed from the distribution of these war weapons to the ignorance who use them what needs DONE ON EARTH.

Be well

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

people would think twice about shooting up the bus in the first place if we all carried guns. Why do you think more guns equals more dead people? At least if the thugs were shot and killed you have a guarantee to the public that those killed will not do it again and it would send a message back to the rest of them to not pull this kind of crap anymore.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Most people that want to commit a crime want to do it, get it done, and get out of there. Unless they are specifically looking to kill someone they usually won't unless forced too. Now if you pull out a gun odds are they are going to shoot back whereas before they would just tell you to shut up and get down.

If somebody want's to rob a bank and everyone can be assumed to be armed where in the world are they going to move on too? Briton?

If guns were legally allowed to be carried these men would not have moved on to an easier target because the law says everyone can have a gun so the next bus is the same as this one. That is my point.

no guy, the kind of people that go out looking to commit a crime are looking for an easy target. They can smell vulnerability.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Originally posted by blackrain17

You didn't read the whole thread did you

If the people would have been armed they would have shot back thereby causing a firefight in the middle of the street with the odds going to the guys with the AK's. There were children on that bus who would have been caught in the crossfire.

No guns on the bus the thugs shot, it appeared they were looking for someone, and just bailed. They obviously weren't there to slaughter everyone. Had people shot back they would have also more than likely.

You have no idea. If people had guns, he wouldn't be that comfortable blasting away. Only reason why he did what he did was because he knew no one was armed around him.

You don't know that. Possibly they would have brought more people with more guns in anticipation of people being armed.

edit on 7-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

A lot of you guys watch too much tv and swap stories with other survivalists around the campfire.

Take it from someone who has participated in "taking"...if someone is armed or rumored to be armed that only guaratees they won't only be robbed but shot on sight.

Most people, even if they WERE armed would have done exactly what the people on that bus did....duck and cover. Most people don't have the heart to fight back with a weapon, don't know how, and all that training they do in their backyard goes right out the door.

If someone from that bus had fired back, those two would have chopped that ENTIRE bus up and killed everyone. Even police don't fire back against choppers, but some of you would have huh? They knew exactly what they were doing, just trying to intimidate the guy their sister told them too. If they wanted to kill someone they would have.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

There are more good people than there are bad people. If everyone was armed like they are in Switzerland we wouldn't have this problem

We have pretty much outlawed Guns and now who has them...wait for it...The OUTLAWS

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
prison time for all involved.

No excuses for this what so ever.

none.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That's one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

Lock em up and throw away the key I say.

I want to live in a civilized world, not a barbarians fantasy land.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join