It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hollywood preparing us for the return of the Anunnaki? (theory, discussion)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
like many have already said, it's more than likely these screenwriters just feed on whats popular, and probably do browse sites such as ATS.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shimmeringsilver73
reply to post by 2Faced

Off course Battlefield Earth would hint at a lot of "Annunaki-ish" stuff. It was written by L. Ron Hubbard - author of Dianetics and father of Scientology.

The book "Battlefield Earth" is 10 times better than the movie. At least it consists of 1000+ pages filled with horrible gore and violent death instead of just a couple of hours' viewing worth...

I didn't even notice that, thanks. I think I will get it from the library this week. There's always room for more blood and gore

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think Hollywoods job is to entertain us not prepare us. This kind of speculation is an insult to the talented writers that take their time to write these stories. It's their imagination that they are being to use. Besides Hollywood just loves aliens that have tenticles or claws but no opposable thumbs. How do you go about building a space craft if you cant pick up a screw driver ?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

ET the Extraterrestrial. He was good and he was cute too.
My Favorite Martian (TV series from the 60's)
Mork from Ork
Alien Nation (movie and tv show, we were meaner than the aliens in that one)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
In recent years, we've seen hollywood turn out alot of movies dealing with alien visitation, alien attack, etc. One thing in two movies I've seen hints strongly at the return of the Anunnaki.
The first one is a favorite of mine from a few years ago, The Fourth Kind (en.wikipedia.org...), the abduction/regression tapes show the aliens speaking Sumerian, the origins of the Anunnaki stories.
The second movie I cite is the recent release, Cowboys and Aliens (link). In the movie, the aliens are mining gold to power their ship. One of the theories is that the Anunnaki enslaved humans were to mine gold to power their starships.
Coincidence?
The General public wouldnt know this, but the few of us that research this would pick up on the hints these and other movies hint at what may come to happen in 2012.
what are your theories? agreee? disagree? why?
please discuss

Anunnaki = fantasy creation
Hollywood movies with and about aliens = fantasy creation
Your thinking = fantasy creation

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saucerguy

You're confusing Hollywood with Broadway. Hollywood they do it for the money. On Broadway you will find the true artists.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

And another thing...Aliens aren't real.

Neither is Hollywood

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

There were bad aliens in both StarWars and StarTrek. Jabba the Hutt and the Romulins come to mind. The Klingons only got nice later on in next generation. (guess they needed to evolve a bit more) Even then they were not really "nice" just agreeable.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

If you dont find them there try the offices at the History Channel or the Discovery Channel.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hollywood makes movies about aliens because it sells tickets, not because thyre privy to some secret that ancient astronaughts visited earth. People look at carvings of Horus and Anubis, the gods of ancient egypt and some nutbags start screaming aliens were genetically engineering monsters. Sometimes people, a story is just a story and usually told for some sort of lesson in morality.

Hell, i dont know if they really exist, and i dont care. Its not going to effect my life ANY if they discover some 3 foot tall E.T. with an elongated neck and an egg shaped head, that has a glowing middle finger he's flashing at you. Even IF they did exist they want nothing to do with us, or they would have already gone public. just foolishness and nonsense. Sorry, im not going to be fitted for a tinfoil hat.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Annunaki do not exist, and they never have. It's time you face reality, bub. Sitchin made it all up... or was just delusional. Either way, everything he ever wrote/said about the Annunaki are all non-truths.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I posted a thread concerning Disney and the CIA, if any members would like to check it out...

Andy Fickman, The Race to Witch Mountain, the CIA and UFOs.,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-8-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I find it interesting that you pick the twilight zone,one of my favorites and I see quite a few movies that have used the Twilight zone themes in their scripts.Rod Serling was a genius and if I'm thinking correctly he was an alien/ufo buff,he definitely would have fit in at ATS.

He was one of the biggest and best influences in the sci=fi world........................ I have to say I do watch the marathon every year and find there is still some I haven't seen.
edit on 8-8-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This why we need to sent them scripts about E.T. Conspiracy, such as the Terra Paper, Annunaki, Draconian, .....etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
In recent years, we've seen hollywood turn out alot of movies dealing with alien visitation, alien attack, etc. One thing in two movies I've seen hints strongly at the return of the Anunnaki.
The first one is a favorite of mine from a few years ago, The Fourth Kind (en.wikipedia.org...), the abduction/regression tapes show the aliens speaking Sumerian, the origins of the Anunnaki stories.
The second movie I cite is the recent release, Cowboys and Aliens (link). In the movie, the aliens are mining gold to power their ship. One of the theories is that the Anunnaki enslaved humans were to mine gold to power their starships.
Coincidence?
The General public wouldnt know this, but the few of us that research this would pick up on the hints these and other movies hint at what may come to happen in 2012.
what are your theories? agreee? disagree? why?
please discuss

I guees it could be possible that movies could be used to prepare society for the idea of dealing with aliens coming to Earth somewhen in the future, but I seriously doubt it would be Hollywood doing it. Hollywood could be the carrier of the message but not creating it for that purpose. The government and scientific types would be directing this show.

Now, I'm a skeptical dude, but if there were ever a possibility in humanities short history on this planet that there has been a documented case of alien intervention in our path on this planet, ancient Sumeria would be it. The full sadness of the possibility of aliens visitation in our deep past is that ancient accounts of them are so vastly open to interpretation and it is very hard for modern man to mirror the context in which they were written. You think that you may have a grip on what they were trying to relate but you still are left wondering because of that lack of relative context. We will probably ever really know what happened but is still very fun to wonder...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by saucerguy

You're confusing Hollywood with Broadway. Hollywood they do it for the money. On Broadway you will find the true artists.

Thanks Karen, I'll forward this over to my acting friend, he's into it "or supposed to" for the art of acting, but he just moved to LA, so that is his current thinking on the market.

I've spent years catering to business owners, helping them set up or improve shop, and too many start up's do it entirely for the money, and have absolutely no interest in the art and passion in what they are supposed to be doing....sadly, with the business world where people fail on average within a year, Hollywood continues to spit out marginal at best movies these days, I'd love to see Broadway make a larger impression on what we view these days.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It couldn't be because alien invasions make a fascinating conflict in movies and an opportunity to employ grandiose special effects that will cause more people to see the movie and spend money on it. That's too simple, too straight foward, Hollywood isn't about money, its about sending us secret signals about how some ancient race of gods is returning. /Sarcasm

There are lot's of movies about exorcisms, does this mean Satan is real?

There are lot's of movies about Freddy Kreuger does this mean that he's real?

I mean come on, we're dealing with fiction here and while film can be used to convey a hidden meaning I really think the main meaning of most alien invasion flicks is "aliens bad, humans good, explosions will follow".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

The Terra Papers, The Anninaki, all of that ancient alien stuff is all a bunch of falsehoods. None of that has any kernel of truth to it. You'd do well to face that fact.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
reply to post by Swills

This why we need to sent them scripts about E.T. Conspiracy, such as the Terra Paper, Annunaki, Draconian, .....etc.

I'm a producer.
Send me your scripts, I'll read it and if it is good enough and economically feasible for my company to make; we will shoot it. And we will pay you for your efforts.

Get started.

celtx.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This thread idea has been beaten to death! What a WASTE of time. Hollywood's job is FICTION, not news reporting or "preparation". The only thing that Hollywood could ever do at best is convince us that aliens are entirely fictional and so is the idea anything extraterrestrial. This is such an insult to basic intelligence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join