It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we descending into anarchy? What happens if the Stockmarkets tank? I admit to being very afraid.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
...applebaum - i dont think anything will change significantly... i could be wrong but, even if i am, theres no sense in worrying about things i cant control...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here's how the stockmarket works:
It's speculation on the future basically.
A stock can be increasing in value even tho the company behind it isn't showing profit, if enough people believe that it eventually will in the future.

Fact: USA has never in the country's history lost it's triple A rating. Never. Until this friday.
The stockmarket that speculates on the future, will soon open up again for the first time after been given that fact.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how the market will react to this.

You are right to be afraid. This could be bad beyond our ability to comprehend it.
Since the economy all over the world is closely tied together it will not only be USA that is effected.

The only comfort I find in this is that the market seldom reacts entirely as expected.
If it for once does, we are all in deep # in the close future...
edit on 7/8/11 by Tollon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I can't claim to have a good guess at what will happen.....all I know is that we've had the feeling something would happen, have gotten ourselves prepared, and the last few days have been hyperactive like it's all on edge. Now it is 4:30 AM, weird stuff got me up this morning, and there's no way I can sleep now. Turned in the computer and saw my horoscope had been emailed to me for today. It said that what I have been feeling coming, is starting today. Time to hold on for a wild ride is ahead.

Don't know exactly what that might mean, but it sure feels synchronistic!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As of this moment the Dow futures are down about 215 points and the SP500 futures are down about 23 points. They were down more but apparently some people are buying since this is like a double dip from Friday's lows. Apparently the real world is a whole lot less worried than some on ATS. We joined the credit rating of Japan, China, and a number of other countries. However that is with one rating agency. Other rating agencies still have the US listed as AAA. Short term interest rates likely will not be affected much. In 2 to 4 years, rates may go up slightly maybe 1/2 a percent or more due to the downgrade. Now if the economy actually starts ticking up, rates may go up a lot more in an attempt to slow things down.

I thought about investing in stocks since I've been expecting stocks to go down and have been watching for the last week or so for a buying opportunity. I think stocks may continue sliding down until the US economy adds more jobs at a higher rate than current. Then there is a question of whether or not Italy will go bankrupt within a month or two. The current bond buying program won't be enough unless they expand it up to almost a trillion dollars I read. This could be a buying opportunity. However I think I may wait a bit longer.

Stores are crowded here this weekend due to a tax free shopping weekend so I have no idea if consumers are cutting back in other locations or not. It's sort of like a mini Black Friday shopping experience with massive crowds buying up supplies I heard. I read some people even drove from Georgia to go shopping in SC stores to save that 6 to 7 percent in taxes. Those crowds fighting over merchandise scare me.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
If I was in the states I would take all my cash out of the bank and keep it in the floorboards or something.

.......or you can use that money for things that will be worth value if a crisis happens.

OP, I think that the real problems will start kicking in next year. We still have some time. Use the fear that you're having now as a wakeup call. Use this time to prepare yourself. Have a plan, stock up on food, water, medicine, etc., etc. There's plenty of info on the Internet on what to stock up on.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If anything stock up on booze and smokes as this will probably be the first thing looted from stores. Imagine living ins post apocalyptic future and not a drink in sight. I would be slightly upset.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Perhaps now would be a good time to start listening to those who warned about all of this decades ago.
Perhaps now would be a good time to wake up. You've been living in a dream world.
Perhaps now is the time to grow up and realize that the lone psychopath serial killer is never to be feared as much as the ones that hold power over entire nations.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

If I was in the states I would take all my cash out of the bank and keep it in the floorboards or something.

If it's worthless in the bank, it's worthless under your floorboard. I'd invest in some canned beans.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This needed to happen sooner or later. Americans are shock to see the economy in the toilet. Welfare, food stamps, housing vouchers, banks foreclosing on people who own their homes, jobs going overseas, people failing in school, and so on. Think about. Why are we in the mess and are going to really fix this problem? Heck no! I'm serious excited to see this country tank if it happens. We need a new beginning for this country!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

This would assist in the loss of liquidity of assets owned by banks which would then push the system even closer to collapse, not only that, but if you have a debit card then there's your money right there. Most major currencies are manager electronically now, having cash would only be a burden, it might even hurt you in the long run as when some new currency is enacted the balance in the banks will most likely be transformed/transferred into the new currency but that cash won't be worth anything so the bank would just not accept it leaving the holder worthless.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
We are teetering on the edge and have been for the last couple of years. We just got a jolt that tipped the bus a little further toward falling off the cliff. That is how close we are. The big question is and always has been when will the tipping point come. All I can say is we are a lot closer then we ever have been!

The "don't worry be happy" crowd are in denial. When it comes they will be the most surprised The dollar has lost 97% of it value. What makes this so scare is we are so fragile right now anything could send us over the edge. Will it happen tomorrow or this week? Only time will tell but we are treading on very thing ice.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Nearly every country is in crisis, not just the USA. It will all go down, probably sooner than later. Just saw Darling (UK) on TV this morning suggesting that some form of "international" leadership is probably required. So.... We all know what that means.

You are all familiar with the "NWO" plans, and you know what they are planning.

In addition to preparations of food, water, medicines may I add the most important of all - your repentance to God. The "NWO" is the Darkness as defined in many religions and faiths. Your Life was given to you by God, and for that Life you are accountable. Please seek the Light through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. Seek God's grace and mercy. There will be a time, many feel just around the corner, that will be the point of no return.

Apocrypha: 2 Esdras Chapter 16
17 Woe is me! woe is me! who will deliver me in those days?

18 The beginning of sorrows and great mournings; the beginning of famine and great death; the beginning of wars, and the powers shall stand in fear; the beginning of evils! what shall I do when these evils shall come?

19 Behold, famine and plague, tribulation and anguish, are sent as scourges for amendment.

20 But for all these things they shall not turn from their wickedness, nor be always mindful of the scourges.

54 Behold, the Lord knoweth all the works of men, their imaginations, their thoughts, and their hearts:

61 He made man, and put his heart in the midst of the body, and gave him breath, life, and understanding

65 And when your sins are brought forth, ye shall be ashamed before men, and your own sins shall be your accusers in that day.

66 What will ye do? or how will ye hide your sins before God and his angels?

67 Behold, God himself is the judge, fear him: leave off from your sins, and forget your iniquities, to meddle no more with them for ever: so shall God lead you forth, and deliver you from all trouble.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The PTB are the ones who have so much to fear, not us. They must work their butts off to hold everything together because if it all falls apart as it is threatening to do they lose everything, and they know it. But they also know that they cannot just worry about themselves, they have to look after the rest of us. Believe me, I know. They will be forced to concede many changes, indeed they already have and they must concede many more if they hope to survive the challenges ahead. These are grand times for the ordinary human being because the future is truly theirs. Just a matter of a few adjustments to be made.
edit on 29/09 by Juran because: text

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Really, start a run on the banks to compound the problem?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebaum
Are we descending into anarchy? What happens if the Stockmarkets tank? I admit to being very afraid.

I know, it is completely off topic but I couldn't resist: Antonym to "an-arche" is "mon-arche". Then I'm all for bit of anarchy
It is better to use term chaos if you mean chaos. In fact anarchistic social model can be also described as participative and direct democracy in opposite to representative democracy, now degraded to pure oligarchy or plutocracy and heading to fascism. Political society of USA in early 19'th century was close to what anarchists wants.

Who in history hated anarchists?
Monarchists
Holly Church (and other religious fanatics)
Bolsheviks
Fascists
Nazis
Conservatives
and little bit less:
Liberals (in US meaning of this term)
Social Democrats
other left wing - party based - ideologies

European anarchists are in many respects similar to US libertarians.

If you accept the language of TPTB, you are helping them. Use your language wisely.

Once more sorry for off topic.
edit on 8-8-2011 by zeddissad2 because: changed quote

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad2

I know, it is completely off topic but I couldn't resist: Antonym to "an-arche" is "mon-arche". Then I'm all for bit of anarchy

It is off topic and its a rediculous statement. So you want anarchy huh? You want people looting your home, raping the women in your house, food lines disrupted and your teeth kicked in? Do you know has silly as of a child you sound like when say silly things like "I'm all for a bit of Anarchy? Grow up child!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs

Originally posted by zeddissad2

It is off topic and its a rediculous statement. So you want anarchy huh? You want people looting your home, raping the women in your house, food lines disrupted and your teeth kicked in? Do you know has silly as of a child you sound like when say silly things like "I'm all for a bit of Anarchy? Grow up child!

Please educate yourself: anarchy doesn't mean lawlessness, chaos, raping or LIBERTARIANISM in De Sade sense. Anarchy is autonomy based on local community - horizontal rather then vertical or hierarchical distribution of power. You perfectly prove what I said in earlier post: anarchy = chaos is language construct created by TPTB to discredit earlier very strong anarchistic movement. It is sad that they were so successful. Read Orwell (both 1984 and his report from Spanish civil war) and learn something about manipulation by language.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad2

Educate yourself! Where do you think lawness comes from? lack of govenment maybe. Really, you think people are evolved enough to handle their own affairs?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
reply to post by zeddissad2

Educate yourself! Where do you think lawness comes from? lack of govenment maybe. Really, you think people are evolved enough to handle their own affairs?

Really, you think TPTB is evolved enough to handle OUR affairs? Look around and you will hopefully find answer.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ok I tell you what you and I walk through the worst gang infested neighborhoods in Los Angeles. I will take a batallion of police you walk by yourself. Lets see who makes it through the night.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join