It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far does it go back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Looking for info on early memories. My son was 14 months old when his grandfather passed away and he seems to have vivid memories of his early life. He recounts experiences that happened when his grandfather would watch him and things we did as a family. Sometimes I hear him 'talking' to him or writing him letters. He is almost 5 now, and wonders why his father and I don't have the same vivid memories. I'm wondering if this is normal. So my question is, how far back can you remember? or what was the trigger for your earliest memories?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My clearest memory was when I was approx 2..I remember getting out of my mothers vw bug and walking about 200 feet to the barn. I remember this because my shoes really hurt me.

I can remember when I was probably around 1.5 moving from a camper into a house my dad built. I remember sitting on the step of the camper watching my mom set boxes out.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blivey

My first memory I recall is sitting in a high-chair about the age of 1 maybe 2 eating green bean baby food. I can recall almost all of my childhood but only the good memories I don't recall the bad ones. I also had great parents and for the most part was and still am a happy person.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My earliest memory is from when I was 2 years old. I had a Pound Puppies birthday cake, and I remember the party pretty vividly. I remember my great-grandfather's funeral and it happened when I was 2 and a half.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I remember beating out all those other, unworthy sperms for a shot of life!
Seems I am with the others here, in that I can remember back to 2 years old, with anything prior only perhaps an imagination. I can recollect solidly from 3 year on.

Sorry for your loss.

EDIT:

On a side note, I believe that reincarnation is possible. However, I have no recollection of any past lives. Along the lines of Dolores Cannon, I wonder if I am one of those "helpers" from another planet, dimension, what have you. Does anyone reading this thread have memories that go back quite early and perhaps of another life? I find those stories quite interesting.
edit on 7-8-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I remember my first plane ride...I startled my mother by saying a male steward carried my sisters car seat off the plane because my mother was struggling with me, an infant and my newborn sister. I also recalled that she ate a salad for lunch. I drew pictures of it when I was about 5, and when she inquired more I was able to give her those details.
I was just 1 years old at the time of that plane ride.... odd timing I know, but my sister was a 6 week checkup surprise!
My daughter is 5 right now and she startles me with her impressive memory!

new topics

top topics

join