It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Woman, Two Husbands - Oh My!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Amazing that the world didn't implode or anything.

The video is of a CNN story done in a rural village in India where the tradition is for women to marry more than one man. Specifically, a man, and all his male siblings...

Strange, given that it breaks most stereotypes, I would think some kind of disaster is on the horizon....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
hmm.. polyandry... how the tables have turned

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As if it already isn't weird enough, being married to 2 men...They just have to go a step further with the weirdness & make it brothers sharing a wife.

I wonder what the family weddings & stuff are going to be like. Awkwardddd!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You know what, this is madness but hey if the polygamous can do it, why can't they ? Peace out,

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's just not right I say!

2 women - 1 man...now that's the natural order of things.

This is just so wrong!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
As much headache one man can cause, why in the world would a woman want two? Is she some sort of sadist?? Ye gods....but then again, I can see where there could be an upside..somewhere...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think the most important thing to note, is that this type of relationship is possible anywhere in the world, but it would not fit in with most male egos found anywhere in the world.

But it is interesting to see what it's like when the tables are turned....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
To each their own, I know personally I could not do it. Swingers don't seem to have an issue so I guess it could work.

Wife: Your brother doesn't have a problem doing this to me how come you do?

edit on 7-8-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil3unnie
To each their own, I know personally I could not do it. Swingers don't seem to have an issue so I guess it could work.

Wife: Your brother doesn't have a problem doing this to me how come you do?

edit on 7-8-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

Wife: " I actually thought all brothers were equal...down there"

oops.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
They barely have enough land if the two men had both married two different wives they would have had much much less land to produce on, working on it together as one family saves money, and theyre ok with it.

Ef that though i wouldnt even think about it, i can barely handle my girls looking at other guys.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's a rare woman who could tolerate the constant presence of more than one man.lol
Or maybe they take turns going out every other night.
Why not? I that's what they want..who am I to interfere with their happiness?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

She said when she gets mad she says 'she will get rid of both of them', but they always work things out...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Its funny how you attach a word to something and all of a sudden it becomes a big deal.

I have seen plenty of females who were with more then one guy in there relationships and no body cares all that much. But attach the word "married" to the same relationships they have and all of a sudden now it's a whole different thing.

What you call something is what that something is.

And the same can be said about males with females, there are dudes out there with 2 or more girlfriends or bed buddies or whatever and they might as well be married but aren't. But if all of a sudden the word "married" got attached to there relationships then things would change.

Really its kind of hard to care about such things, but I suppose people need there trials and tribulations to argue about, but its all semantics. And at the end its the same stuff just under different labels. Kind of like what is the difference between coke and pepsi? The world is full of labels, and most of those labels are there to hide the fact that there all not that different when it comes down to it.

But ya its funny what a word can do.

new topics

top topics

join