It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anamoly on the moon. What is this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have been scouring the interweb for any hi-res photos of that region and can find none. This collection of craters are in the north, 12 deg. south of the pole (78 deg. N) and the nearest named craters I can find are Poncelet and Pascal craters. I was hoping to find some kind of survey of the north lunar pole region in hi-res but most of the attention seems to have been directed at possible Apollo landing sites and rightfully so. Those images were taken in the 1960's by the Lunar Orbiter series of spacecraft.

Why we have no MRO type of spacecraft with a HIRISE capability on it orbiting the moon is historically stupid, IMO. I guess that helps fill the conspiracy coffers in this post...

Its not an uplift peak in the bottom of the larger crater as I alluded to earlier. After further review, and without better photos, I can not go beyond this image being anything more than a smaller crater within a larger crater, as there are many of these on the moon but in much better detail. I presume if the image quality was better it would look a lot like the Jacobi crater in the southern hemisphere:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aed4fdc97763.jpg[/atsimg]

The smaller crater has the exact same reflective/shadow characteristics as the crater it resides in does. Bright reflective surface of the rim/cone edge facing the sun and shadow of the opposite side falling into crater. There are multiple crappy image stitches around and possibly straight through the irregularly shaped interior of the larger crater, one of which may dissect the smaller crater inside. If you zoom in further on Google Moon you can see them crisscrossing the image. The higher detail pics of other craters on the moon are what reveal what this image cannot. I guess since there is no way to prove with better imagery why I come to my conclusions it is only my opinion, but a semi-educated one. If anyone wants to see a lunar CostCo or a crashed intergalactic ship then knock yourselves out.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: crater adjustment

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join