It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anamoly on the moon. What is this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The only response out of 40 that even came close to making sense was that it could be a meteor, I was not aware that meteors crashing into the lunar surface at a high rate of speed didn't explode or do anything other than sit right on the surface like a sculpture in front of a museum. Because I didn't find one like it within a few thousand mile vicinity, I assumed that it was an anamoly. But, I do respect & thank all of the comments on here from people who never actually investigated this photo as I suggested. Peace & many salutations. May we discover & answer the mysteries of our universe with the same intellect!
edit on 7-8-2011 by NeoAlef2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

Not mine to forgive. Besides, we were all noobs at one time. Some people can forget that, I know I do at times. Just use common sense, keep posting, take your lumps when you've got them coming, don't take it personally and you will get a sense of the flow of the place eventually...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am a noob at posting on here, not with common sense.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
removed
edit on 7-8-2011 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
imasecretspy thanks, but they know! Fear is a biatch sometimes. I always investigate, that's how we learn.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAlef2012
That's not a crater, nor is it a shadow.

You cant blame those without "moon vision" - but know it stood out straight away for those that do have it

I didn't pick up on the straight ramp (?) the other poster did - good work!

I'll add it to the ever growing collection of Moon/Space anomalies there are! Carry on and show more finds if you do - and don't worry about the "crowd" - they just haven't got the vision yet - takes about 3 months of looking at the Moons surface!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks watchZEITGEISTnow!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Perhaps it is as the "realists" suggest and only a trick of light on a rock; but when I enlarge your photo it has the appearance of being spherical on top with a ring around it and 5 spaced protrusions.... very symmetrical rock

keep digging and researching, friend...

seeker

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Sorry, that's a crater inside a crater. Look at the trend of the larger crater: Assuming up is north, the northern rim is dark, and the southern rim is light. This indicates where the sun is. The 'object' you are referring to, im sorry to say, follows the same pattern, dark on the northern rim and light on the southern rim.

ps. most.... wait, All objects are 3D.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If you flip the imaged upside down (top to bottom), the dome becomes a hole. I think it's an optical illusion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No its not, at least provide a link or something. As the OP its your job to provide the facts in your post.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Oh wait a minute while I get my 3D glasses from the movies and look again....

Oh now I see it. It's a landform partially occulted in shadow.

Hey man whatever you've been smoking will you please send me some????

edit on 8-8-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I could see what you are talking about right away, even without zooming in on it. To me it looks like a bridge, or perhaps a row of hanger type buildings sitting side by side.
I see you're getting the type of responses to your interesting post that keep most folk from posting anything that may be of interest to those of us who share the belief that we are not alone in the cosmos, and even the fact that the military has been dealing with alien life forms for decades.
I find nothing wrong with skeptism if it is presented in a manner that isn't intended to humiliate the person who started the thread, and in fact we need skeptics on any subject so as to keep the discussion fair and balanced, by offering sensible solutions and answers that might otherwise be overlooked!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
nice find OP, now if you can find the original source image it may help, don't like google moon, to many issues with image stitching etc.

time to role out my ol favourite.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

If you flip the imaged upside down (top to bottom), the dome becomes a hole. I think it's an optical illusion.

Also looks like an Alien Face

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's the soup dragon,sitting beside Tiny clanger.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I found it!
I found Waldo!

But seriously. That little whatever that is. It's nothing to hyperventilate about.
And I mean it's nothing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAlef2012
Go to GoogleSpace..moon and type in the co-ords at the bottom of the photo. In the center of this photo there is a large object. It's strange, since I haven't seen them anywhere else. I welcome all ideas.

Image stitching error-- take flat images (photographs) and join together over a (simulated) round surface-- it is imperfect so software is often used. What you are looking at is a separate image slightly offset downward.

As part of research I do, I regularly superimpose sections of old maps over Google Earth to create one large continuous image from the contiguous sections. It is tedious, even with software to help. What you are looking at is the common result where the sections join, but not perfectly because they are two dimensional images on a representation of the three dimensional surface-- (look up "Map Projection").

I am not guessing. Someone else pointed this out and it was dismissed or ignored. None-the-less, for those who work with Google Earth technology it is familiar, clear and indisputable. Discussion to the contrary does not change what it i, nor does wishing it to be something else.

Learn from this-- many such posts go on for pages when the answer is well known.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

hahahha really? it looks like the image got sliced when it was pasted..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join