It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anamoly on the moon. What is this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

That would be a crater.
If you look closely, you'll see it looks just like all of the other craters.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I didn't see until after I replied. Once I saw it, I knew exactly what it was... a result of image stitching. We find these all over the place.

So you replied without proper analysis? Does everyone you represent as "WE" do this?

(careful, your loosing credibility) [And btw just messin around] try to at least look.

link   
if anything, its a shadow...

just like this thread....

its amazing how many DUD threads have appeared in the last few minutes,
from new members,

RIGHT WHEN WE HAD NEWSFLASH ABOUT LONDON BURNING....

dis-info agents???

or am i paranoid???

seeya

link   

To the right of your red with the glitch! The round thing!

Listen, I see a s***load of round things. They're called craters.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That's not a crater, nor is it a shadow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I'll make sure to go over every pixel with a microscope from now on
...and I'll tell the others of "We" to do the same.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That's not a crater, nor is it a shadow.

Really...so what do you think it is ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

What do you think it is? You clearly know what it is not if you can definitively say it is not a crater or shadow. And just out of curiosity how do you know it is not a crater or shadow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's a crater. The rim of the little crater is irregular, and the bright spot in the middle of the shadow area is merely the illuminated floor of the larger crater that the little crater is in. It's not three-dimensional...at least, no more than craters normally are.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
you guys lay off now. He is talking about the meteorite in the middle of the crater.

And yes without an atmosphere they dont explode much. Either sink into the bottom of the crater or just stick there. You can find several if you look at enough pics.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I zoomed around it, it is protruding from the ground. hell, it could be a large rock...but, it's out of place there. I scoured around a large area and couldn't find another like it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That makes sense. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

That's also possible. It's hard to tell, but, regardless, it's a perfectly natural, and otherwise innocuous, feature of the crater.
edit on 7-8-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
After a quick analysis I was prepared to agree with you OP, but looking a bit closer, it is merely an illusion. The reason I was going to agree with you was because it looked like there was an object causing the small shadow, but now I see that it is just the shadow of the small crater. It's at a weird angle, and that is what gives it the 3D effect in my opinion. I didn't view it from the other side though, which really isn't possible with a 2D image, so I can't be 100% certain, but I am relatively sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Gotta Love GoogleSpace...

Filled with mysteries every time !! Just a click away...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b462d2651c22.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Since this is your assertion care to share what evidence you have to claim this?

ETA: This looks like nothing more than a typical complex type crater with an impact uplift peak in the floor of the basin casting a shadow, just like the rims are.

Example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6b521de6aba.gif[/atsimg]

The uplift peak isnt always set in the absolute center of the crater basin either, it can be offset as a result of the odd angle of the impactor.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Damn it! So there's where I parked my car! Thanks guys

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAlef2012
hell, it could be a large rock

Which is exactly what it looks like. But this is neither an alien nor UFO, so why is this post even in this forum?

[facepalm]

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Is that all you can come up with bonez? Without asking questions, we can't get ideas from others. Why display your intel level by being an a-hole! Investigate & ask questions, the only stupid question is the one not asked. I can only imagine where humans would be in life if everyone answered questions with the attitude of you & the like. THAT is sad dude!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I think what BoneZ is getting at is that unless you are saying this is a UFO or alien in nature it probably should have gone tho the Space Exploration Forum instead of here. If you are implying either of those you would most likely have a pitched battle of realist eggheads and aliens on the moon believers here and you could wallpaper your living room with the posts in this thread afterwards.

I didn't get that you implied either of those hence the facepalm...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join