It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Riots/Looting: Updates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just to stress this is not the Arab spring. This is uncontrolled yobbery. Plus they are destroying the homes and employment of other ordinary working class folks. Saw footage, get this, of them queuing to loot a store. So very British! This needs nipping in the bud. Get the army in, I'm all for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

T-Mobile shop in #Birmingham emptied after being broken into.

Just driven through Peckham high street - dangerous. Police charged -easily 100 rioters charged towards us. Bricks being thrown

#Birmingham and now hearing Leeds....gonna be a long night!

a friend tells me people are being beaten up on the street by youths in centre of Birmingham

Primark has been set on fire in #Birmingham.

#Birmingham City Centre is on lock down! Police everywhere.. Glad the Police reacted swiftly

Panic buying in Hampstead as riots spread

The Mailbox in Birmingham is getting boarded up!

Majority of youth in #Birmingham stand-off are 13/14 years old

Looting reporting in Mitcham, Surrey

Shocking footage of yobs wandering over rooftops trying to get into buildings close to fire in Peckham

There aren't any #riots in #Leeds, there was a shooting but it was a seperate incident. Crowds have dispersed now.

Primark set alight, Apple Store looted in #Birmingham.

PHEW: "As the violence worsened Downing Street said that David Cameron had no plans to cut short his holiday in Tuscany..."

^^ If that is true then trouble for him has only just begun

Birmingham riots on Tumblr - updates and pictures
birminghamriots2011.tumblr.com...

I am on Peckham High Road, shops being looted, police holding a line some distance away. Lawless.

Thought rumours of trouble in #Leeds were being hyped up but BBC is now reporting on worrying Chapeltown incident

Trouble moved on to Kings Heath and Handsworth. #Birmingham

Riot police are protecting the children's hopsital in brum because of how close the rioters are

^^ Them thugs better not even think about it!

Unconfirmed reports that rioters have approached the children's hospital #Birmingham

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Leave my thread and do not return. If you would like to participate, fine. But I have had enough of your behaviour here.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If this troll were to stop trolling i would.

THEY are the problem...they derailed my thread, called me a liar, called other ATS users names.
Im not going to sit back and be abused....sorry, i have reported the person to the mods several times....she/he is a troll...look at the post count and date of registration!!!

This is a public forum....i will come and go as i please

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

keep it coming boss, this information will be invaluable with how they are trying to throw a rug over the whole of it, sweeping be damned

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

how you should respond and just let it go.

im sorry, (insert contribution here)
if they are a troll, its easier to believe when you are the one contributing

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Cameron is boarding a plane tonight and will chair a COBRA meeting tomorrow. Finally made the decision that should have been made hours ago.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Misoir

If this troll were to stop trolling i would.

THEY are the problem...they derailed my thread, called me a liar, called other ATS users names.
Im not going to sit back and be abused....sorry, i have reported the person to the mods several times....she/he is a troll...look at the post count and date of registration!!!

This is a public forum....i will come and go as i please

The whole point of your thread was that this was NOT being aired on the news. I and a few other have clearly stated it was. Therefore you started a thread which was a blatant lie. It's only redeeming quality is the fact other ATS members have ignored that fact and have made it their own. Might I suggest you concentrate on THAT thread instead of this blatant idiocy you are displaying.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

"Birmingham Hippodrome is on high alert and on lock down."

Reports of riots spreading to Chelmsley Wood, Perry Barr, Aston, Erdington, Handsworth

Horrendous fire in Croydon now

Huge fire in Croydon - furniture store on fire

Twitter reports of Rioting in #Birmingham #Luton and #Leeds.

^^ Possible rioting in Luton now?

Aston Villa FC Club Shop looted.#Birmingham

Come on #Birmingham. Those responsible for this madness do not represent us. We're bigger and better than this as a City.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So you claim that member was trolling on your thread so you do what? Come and troll on mine. No thanks. Get over yourself.

Post another off-topic reply and you will get an alert to the mods.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
live stream to back up the op, www.bbc.co.uk...

this isnt good at all, and poised to go on much longer unless people help stop it.
you cant just rely on the police, people have to stand up too

edit to add-listen now, every so often they blame twitter and texting etc. i think they are going to want to cut the net if this keeps up. its very possible, i think
edit on 8-8-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Reports of the Children's Hospital being attacked. Unbelievable.

^^ If that is true screw human rights! Bring in the military, play time is over!

The guy on CNN News just got chased with bottles and cement. And he's wearing a helmet and stab vest.

Sounds like there are issues on the Northcote Road in Clapham

They just took the head off the Birmingham Bull!

Chief Commisioner of Met seems to be heckled by man in street as he broadcasts message via BBC

Sky news reporting #birmingham shops getting attacked

helicopters overhead. its like a bloody film!

More sirens. Chemist over the road has just boarded up it's windows - picture to follow.< SWLondon

CNN reporter in Peckham in warzone gear

I can't believe the pics I'm seeing in #Croydon!! This fire is just mammoth!!

#WestMidlandsPolice are now managing 'controlled access' to roads into #Birmingham as police face crowds inside city.

BBC was rolling footage of looters ransacking stores in #Birmingham. It was still daylight and people smashing storefronts w/ bats

BBC reports children as young as ten and eleven carrying looted cigarettes and alcohol, covered faces, metal bars, Clapham

Small groups of rioters around Angel throwing things at cars.

Gangs of men with scarves over faces still running past on roman road. Whole street watching in disbelief

^^

Electricity off in Soho

Eyewitness reports on BBC News Channel from Clap Jnct say widespread looting and no police in sight

West Midlands Police helicopter has gone to the other side of the city now (perhaps north?). #Birmingham

People smahed up the children hospital windows and tried to get in #birmingham

^^ Someone get the damn military on the phone!!

Police in riot gear on the strteets of #Birmingham

Windows smashed in Birmingham as youths gather

potentially groups moving toward Wolverhampton

There is NO transport in OR out of Birmingham city centre

Routes into Birmingham by road sealed off, still access on foot though

Apparently, the Apple Store in #Birmingham has been looted.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Reports that rioters have hit Eltham. Confirming that one now

Skirmishes Between Police And Youths In Hackney As Officers Step Up Patrols To Stop Further Violence

Don't try to drive into Brum city centre. Police roadblocks all around.

Seems the riots have spread to #Birmingham and #Wolverhampton.

LOTS of reports about serious trouble kicking off in Wolverhampton city centre

Something in Colliers Wood is now on fire as smoke billowing from across the road. People turning up in cars to join in

Louis Vuitton store has just been looted in #Birmingham

They're in Sutton. Apparently people trying to set fire to petrol stations.

Rumours about Birmingham children's hospital don't appear to be true thank goodness

^^ I hope they are not true

It's official, the #londonriots have hit Essex.

riots and looting in clapham

Less Fire Men Coming Out As They're Not Protected By The Police

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Where you getting this info from Mis?

I live in Birmingham, the helicopter noise & police sirens seem never-ending right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Unfortunately the best I can do is Twitter since I am in the US.

Just go to Twitter, you do not have to log in, and type in #Birmingham. That is all you have to do and results for the rioting/looting will show up.

Also try HERE
edit on 8/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

"Met Police used armoured vehicles to push back 150 people in Clapham, south London & say they will repeat new tactic if necessary."

BREAKING NEWS. The para's and infantry are being dispatched to all London areas. Armed with rubber bullets.

^^ Can anyone confirm?

HUGE fire at Sony Distribution Center in Enfield

Yes - Liverpool now burning too.

an elderly woman was DRAGGED from her car so rioters could burn it.

terrified woman jumps from burning building

#Birmingham riots reduced and #Liverpool just took up arms

#Riots in #Birmingham, #Bristol and #Liverpool as trouble spreads in #London

People trying to break into houses in Handsworth.

The Turkish community of Dalston are chasing away rioters.

^^

#birmingham cars burned outside wickes on soho road

just heard a load of Police sirens heading into town [#Liverpool]

Paint shop on stokes croft has been looted#Bristol

#bristol chief superintendent Jon Stratford tells BBC he's confident all of those involved tonight will he arrested and brought to justice

#riots now taking place in #Manchester #Liverpool #birmingham #london violence escalates torched buildings Armoured police called in.

#birmingham every car smashed on Sandwell road handsworth

Situation now calmed down in L1 area. Police now occupying the area in numbers #Liverpool

No truth in the Concert Sq attack. All was a rumor. Only Baa Barr Myrtle St attacked

^^ We can only hope

Police helicopter back over #Bristol #BS1 now with sounds of alarms going off in #StokesCroft area.

@SkyNewsBreak Armed police blocking roads in central Bristol, M32 shut. Mounted police present, Cabot Circus completely closed off #Bristol

Helicopter hovering nearby, reports of about thugs rioting mainly to the north of #Bristol city centre.

edit on 8/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Source

The Hackney Riots maybe out of Stylenoir’s normal reporting but to be honest with you the journalist side of me kicked in and begged me to go report the truth, since there was so many distorted hype created on Twitter.

We wanted to find out why society was rebelling and how. Stylenoir was frontline for most of the Hackney Riots and I implore you, listen to us, for this is the truth, the valiant account of what really went down.

All rioters were there solely for their own gain. Forget what you’ve heard, this wasn’t for a cause, this wasn’t for society or even because of social media. This was just pure aggression and monetary gain. We overheard so many rioters conversations “Tottenham aint got nothing on us” one said, another “we’re gunna loot till we drop”. This was backed up by what looked like an 11 year old child running away with a plasma TV at one point, which was possibly the most surreal thing I’ve ever seen.

"We're getting our taxes back"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS. The para's and infantry are being dispatched to all London areas. Armed with rubber bullets. ^^ Can anyone confirm?

No they havent deployed infantry.....i think someone just made that up

Im sure the Queen has to give authority to allow troops on the streets, im not 100% sure but she rules the army and country...i could be wrong about the Queen bit but im sure they havent put troops on the streets....YET

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here in the US we have other ways of dealing with riots if the police can not handle the problem.
1992 Los Angeles Riots
www.ar15.com...&page=2
cdtactical.com...
lapd.com...
www.occidentalism.org...
i256.photobucket.com...

During this riot over 1500 rioters were shot by armed civilians.
The cops never collected any bullets for ballistics and no civilians were ever charged for protecting there property.

There has been no riots in Los Angeles since.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join