It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Riots/Looting: Updates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Things are not looking good in London at the minute, just been watching the scenes in Hackney from earlier this evening, keeping my eye on the BBC news website...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
To anyone monitoring my thread for updates I would just like to say thank you

Twenty, thirty riot police now passing Scotland Yard northwoods. Very noisy here.

BREAKING NEWS: RIOTS SPREAD TO LUTON

^^ can anyone confirm?

Caller to BBC claims, along with scrap wood, pickaxe and sledgehammer looted from tree surgeon's van

TFL official noticeboard: 'tube suspended due to Civil Unrest...'

And now Hackney! – "One reporter described the situation as a "running battle"

BBC reporters overhear 'protestor' saying 'this is about social justice!' - while showing footage of ppl looting JD Sport

Apparently police charging demonstrators in #Hackney

Battered police cars and looters leaping out of shop windows

Heavy police presence and boarded up shops in Clapham Junction...

10 riot vans heading south in the last 5 mins.

Hearing riots are starting in Peckham, Lewisham & Croydon is on Lockdown by the police, Chinooks spotted over Wandsworth

SKYNEWS: Police now under attack in #Lewisham

... I notice now there are a lot of twitter users calling for the military to be called in. Cannot say I disagree with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree, bring in the military with those water cannons

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I can confirm the rioting has moved to Hackney.

Not sure about Luton..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

They're STILL going on??? as in right this moment???? woooow they've been going at it all night

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Boris to return early from holiday, police prepare for riots in liverpool

Looks like the trouble is focussed on the Limes Grove junction with Lewisham High St

Breaking: Boris Johnson is interrupting his holiday and coming home to deal with #londonriots

Breaking: Three Police Officers were stabbed in Riots yesterday

Riot police running the kids down towards catford.

some shops in Harringay are starting to board up windows and close shutters. Even the 24hr supermarket's set to shut

heading to Nike world in Oxford circus. Police should also guard Ed Hardy, YSL, G star and Fila stores.

Will the UK government leadership return from vacation to deal with an obvious crisis on the streets of London?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus

They're STILL going on??? as in right this moment???? woooow they've been going at it all night

They have been rioting this afternoon yeah, I've been watching the scene on the BBC News Live website. The chopper gone back to refuel but they have been playing scenes from about an hour ago, looks pretty rough down there...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Double post..
edit on 8/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sky News: Live pictures of rioters running away from charging police.

Apparently Barking Heathway Galleons Reach and Romford are closed.

Skycopter showing images of the burning Mazda for a good 5 minutes. Police still nowhere to be seen.

Riots in harlesden now!

Told 2 leave gym on Essex Rd, closing cos 'rioting' outside

Just blast all the idiots with indelible dye. Then pick them all up tomorrow when they can't wash it off their skin..

^^ lol not a bad idea

Petrol bombs being thrown at police

Launching fireworks at the police now in Hackney? Great policing being seen.

waitrose on holloway shutting down

Moved to mare st and well st now - epic bottle and brick fight

Tube station announcement. Buses not going to Peckham or Lewisham due to 'civil unrest'

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So this is literally it, eh?
Just gotta wait for a few cranky Yanks to start firing in the good ol' US of A and it's on... global battle...

the "civilized" vs civilization
edit on 8-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by Darce

if you mean CNN isn't reporting it then yeah, I'm assuming they're busy trying to find the next Casey Anthony to distract us from the reality of the nat'l debt - not to mention their apathy in the wake of their superiority complex

that means they just don't care

but I found plenty of sources reporting it - it may be more serious - but its hardly a blackout

if it wasnt for the blackout title I wouldn't even have read that other thread
just shows to go you - sensationalism works on the masses
edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

Keep on trolling

Look at your post count and stars...3 months TROLL.

Watch the TV....sky news....bbc....it wasnt on ALL night.
Your mistaken.

Do you live in england?? Enfield?? Chingford??

zzzzz you bore me with your bitterness

It was on all night..
I watched it.

Seriously you need to be banned.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Nothing is "on", this is not a protest or even a riot. It is just mobs of vandals setting things on fire, fighting with the police, destroying private property, and stealing as much stuff as they can get their hands on.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Good website for continual updates:

1836: Romford station has been closed and police are on South Street. Meanwhile fresh reports are now coming in from East Ham.

1833: Police are grouping together in the centre of Harlesden. Meanwhile three police carriers have gone rushing towards Harrow town centre.

1831: Petrol station report from earlier is from Texaco in Hackney. Apparently rioters have control of that.

1830: Hackney riots reportedly started next to the Pembury estate after a stop-and-search by police turned bad. Police are now at the top of Ellingfort Road and 3 helicopters – Sky, BBC and police – are overhead.

thewestlondoner.wordpress.com...

Double decker bus set on fire in Peckham. Loads of sirens going up Camden Road

Riots in Lewisham now... Just saw a plume of smoke and loads of police.

A car is on fire in Lewisham outside the Salvation Army. Long line of fire surrounding the building

edit on 8/8/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

A vehicle has been set on fire in Lewisham as we speak.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
somethings not sitting right with me about all this ..i saw chinooks flying out of manston 4 days ago ..did they have prior knowledge of the unrest that has unfolded ?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The live video on the BBC site has just said there has been a shooting in Leeds with the man now in hospital and reports of the riots spreading to Birmingham.

I think it's time we unleashed the police... and stop them worrying that every little tap on these thugs will result in them losing their jobs. The rioters are causing great amount of damage and rsking many peoples lives...as far as I'm concered they've earned a violent response.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
STOP

BREATHE

Dont let us be armchair rioters sucked in like crowd dynamics and swept away from reality by events.

NEVER done this in all time on ATS

SHAMELESSLY promoting all to look, add experiences to and spread the message of the following thread!

Lets spin the spin, spin the anger lets beat some riots into laughter and love, like swords to ploughshares, scarcity to joy:

Breaking Solution to Riots and Economic Collapse Found!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone contributing this thread!
Your clear, concise updates are a - very much appreciated - diamond in the rough.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
More bad news coming out of the UK, the rioting/looting has now spread out of London into Brimingham. I am quite sure it will spread further by sunrise. Everyone stay safe!

Crowd of hooded youths gathers outside Bullring singing 'Anything you can do, we can do better'.#Birmingham

Birmingham police confirm 'disorder' in the city centre - shop windows smashed, property stolen"#birmingham

Phone shop near bullring #birmingham has been looted & other shops have been smashed ect! Police r all over the town!

Saying on sky news they are looting a phone shop in #Birmingham

So it's kicking off in #Birmingham too Windows smashed around Bullring Shopping Centre. Hundreds of teenagers said to be involved

ok...tesco bethnal green road or there a bouts is on fire. #londonriots

Just heard on the grapevine that there's riots going on in Kilburn and Harlesden

Police have been moving up and down Stroud Green Rd warning businesses to close early.#Londonriots

Friend just got to Oxford Circus. Kicking off there now as well.

Primark is now aparently on fire #birmingham

Lots of youths running down the canal to Brindley Place, Birmingham

#Birmingham, reports of people smashing windows on a street between the Bullring Shopping Centre & West Midlands Police HQ.

Smoke rising over Mare st. A car is on fire.

A group of youths with covered faces running towards Queensway. Big police presence at Whitleys.

reports of the Nightingale club on fire #birmingham

#Birmingham city centre under siege by rioters. Buses, shops main victims. Big police presence at #mailbox.

LATEST: Colleagues investigating unconfirmed reports of disturbance spreading to pockets in #Birmingham and #Leeds

^^ Leeds now too?

Following #Birmingham there are reports that David Cameron may declare a STATE OF EMERGENCY

^^ He really should drag his posh self away from vacation to deal with a possible crisis on the streets of his nation's largest cities.

Just saw some vandals attacking police and shop windows on Whitechapel Rd near Whitechapel Station

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join