It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Will do m8

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The trouble is one extreme to the other is not the answer, but I know the area and many will be cheering on the EDL if not joining them and at the end of the day, they're seen to simply be defending that area. So who are the extremists now?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Shops are closing at 3.30 here, There expecting trouble, Im hearing there is people gathering in certain areas here,

To you and all those in the UK, please stay safe!!

I have a question. I'm seeing reports of businesses closing early. Are more than just retail shops closing so people can get home before evening?

This all is so sad!

OiO

link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

So smashing up the AVERAGE WORKER'S property, businesses etc is the right thing to do. Destroying people's lives, average people, mugging average people, this is all acceptable as they have an issue with the government. Does that sound right to you? You know what I'm sick of? Working at times 7 days a week and still having to listen to these pathetic excuses from people who have never worked 7 days in their lives!

Yes because those people are asleep and their own apathy towards the situation is what is dragging out this generations suffering. Let's face it, the previous generation used up the best of everything. They got easy money and good pay, they didn't have to suffer in school to get useless diplomas nor did they have any problems until as of late when the corporate world decided it wasn't happy enough with raping our generation that they had to eat your pesions, savings and government services promised to you for taking part in the system.

Let's get one thing straight: These jerks renagged on their contract with you. I will NEVER trust them to keep their word because their word always results in them never living up to their deals,. They are the shady businessman demanding payment now for services not rendered later. They take half of your money and do nothing with it. They drive the prices of everything up and make it cost everything for most just to survive. They are the anti-thesis of the industrial revolution, and automation which was to make things like a BASIC living easier and less costly for the average person via mass production. How is this reflected in the price of the roof over your head that you likely don't and never will own (well this generation at least) and how has it effected the price of REAL food (versus the garbage that we pay an arm and a leg for, which used to be dirt cheap for your grandpa to buy and always was non-gmo and organic till industrialization made things WORSE for us, after bieng touted as something that would make it better). Who has reaped the rewards of our ingenuity and progress? Certainly not the average poor soul who is indebted a ransom at birth.

Finally somebody gets it!

link   
Areas that have been affected: Click this link

It's astounding.

Zoom out to see where else in the UK Riots have occurred.

EDIT: Witness on Sky news is reporting, as we speak, that criminals with Machetes were seen in last nights violence at one point.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Tonights strategy will be to gain control of certain trouble areas i.e why near 20,000 officers on the streets. Army will be providing assistance for fire fighting - including deployment. And, yes, military firefighters will be armed. RAF helicopters will be providing extra helicopters and visual assistance to the police.

Tomorrow and Thursday will be phrase two: imposing order. You *might* see the army being deployed. Authoritarian methods can be used; politicians know they've got public support.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
reply to post by TheLastStand

SELL OUT GEN X'ers

Indeed. Prior generations have something to answer for.

However, this is not the answer. People are getting hurt and dying, never mind the property damage.

A real leader would stand up and lead the rioters to stop this madness, then use the energy to bring about real change which doesn't ruin people's livelihoods.

Tescos and Debenhams won't go under in your rage, parliament will not dissolve, instead the cashier at your local Tesco will lose her job, the bank teller will be on the breadline with you, and the government will tighten their hold on us even further in the interest of our "safety"

You know what made me regard 'Dave' Cameron as even more of a w*nker than I previously did? his inability to get on the TV last night with a message of assurance to the nation. I could teach a 10 year old kid how to set up a live freakin' stream feed from Tuscanny. Apparently though, this is beyond the capabilities of the govt. Or perhaps 'Dave' didn't want to leave a nice cosy dinner with whoever's buying our govt this week?

link   
So Wtf happens with the stock markets now?
I'm sure this will have people rushing to invest in Britain.

link   
Hearing reports of people gathering in London.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
For those of us in the areas here is a thread for our personal updates from where we live, Add your personal updates www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Areas that have been affected: Click this link

It's astounding.

Zoom out to see where else in the UK Riots have occurred.

EDIT: Witness on Sky news is reporting, as we speak, that criminals with Machetes were seen in last nights violence at one point.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

The slough massive haven't kicked off yet then.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by mattifikation

Again, this has nothing to do with the plight of average man. When the workers rise up, I will be there with them. This is just scum burning and looting with no agenda other than to burn and loot and bring terror to their communities!

right man, very good ! but this is just what the POWERS in place and their tea party stupid puppets want to indoctrinate to the people : confusing the right fight of the people against the neo-cons and neo-capitalist system with this scum actions !!
when the real people fight, it's for their rights ( look at Syria ... Berlin Wall ... ) but when the scum idiots bast**rds fight it's for their drugs, for their macho power, for their violent stealing and robbery, for crazy scum pleasure !!
so please do not confuse fight for freedom and fight from scum gangsters !!!

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yep my town is closing at 3.30 as there are reports of people gathering, So there going to let people get out of the main areas in case it kicks off,

I guess then the innocent people dont get caught in the middle,

link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Me, I'm Gen X - I totally agree with your points. I am disgusted how far my apathetic, self-satisfied generation have allowed the govt to go. I'm fully prepared to stand with countrymen when the time comes to put things right.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

To be honest I'm surprised I haven't seen anything happen in Doncaster yet - Hopefully it stays that way though.

The closest reports have been in Leeds and Bradford so far.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"its fun though... it was good fun"

"Its the governments fault... the conservatives or whatever whoever it is I don't know"

"It's all about showing the police we can do what we want"

"It's the rich people, the rich people have businesses and that is why this has happened"

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Can confirm Wimbledon now aswell, good lead!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
You make a good point and I struggle to argue it. Thanks for sharing a differing ( and in my opinion ,valid) view, it's made me think.

Oh, don't think that I was dismissing your interpretation of this. I was just putting across the way I see it, which is that young males ( especially those who weren't instilled with a sound moral upbringing ), when unshackled from the controls of their society, will behave aggressively just for the sake of it, without necessarily having a cause to explain it. Just natural hormones.

There is a lot of discontentment with this younger generation, as you say, but I wonder how much of that is avoidable by adopting a more positive attitude, without raising the white flag so early and wallowing in self-imposed victimhood ?

In the end, there's probably quite a mix of reasons under the surface for this behaviour, and probably that mixture will vary from person to person.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Hearing reports of people gathering in London.

Yep. They are clean-up volunteers. They're armed with brooms.

Here are a couple of screen shots

Anyone notice anything odd?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Then how exactly does Ms. May intend to bring this under control? Where do you Brits find these idiots?

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join