It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Infinite to also all other members in the affected cities,

Be well,

Really my heart is with you all for what its worth

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by asala

The army is to provided logistical back up and support; along with RAF. An infantry battalion is on standby - also claims the Civil Contingencies Act *might* be evoked tonight. effectively, declaring martial law; Parliament is resiting for more than just a debate. Emergency legislation might be required.

CS Gas and plastic bullets will be used tonight.

Could you tell us where you are getting your information from?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ukmale

Cheers mate! That's the other end of Greenwich, but Deptford is just up the road and New Cross, proper slums! If you find out anything about Kent let me know if you can. I live in the Bexley borough, although a London borough its one of those former Kent places that got thrown to London, but that's another story, if find out anything post it or message me.

Much appreciated!

Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I suspect in the next few weeks as CCTV images are plastered around, we will find that a lot of the rioters are middle class, educated, and white. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we got a few double barrel names in the mix. People who went to nice schools, can read, have opportunities are not exempt from the psychology of the mob.

White, middle-class and educated people can be thuggish oiks too. Plenty of football hooligans are/were middle-class. They were high-earning professionals during the week, and got their jollies at the weekend by beating seven shades of crap out of other similarly-minded and not so similarly-minded people.

Despite your contention, if a small number of rioters do turn out to be middle-class, it is in no way indicative that there is any deeper meaning to their actions, other than causing mayhem and stealing goods for personal gain.

People need to understand that people - especially young males - are naturally violent and aggressive, at times, for no other reason than releasing stress and pent-up - *ahem* - ''frustration'', not to mention other natural hormonal changes and fluctuations.

Most people can control this, if they have personal responsibility and if they had a firm, moral foundation in the years they were growing up. Others will control it because the negative consequences of their actions will outweigh the positives of their primal behaviour.

It's the latter group who are causing the trouble; young males who have little or no fear of the consequences of their actions, due to the complete lack of law and order which has now ensued.

Some times people can look at things too deeply and over-analysing a simple situation. I'm sure there may be some rioters who are doing so due to feelings of despair that their self-victimised generation supposedly feels that it's in, but the overwhelming majority are just letting out their bestial, uncivilised urges free from the veneer of civilisation and authority which they normally live under.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by zanoni7

Yeah but I've lived in these areas, grown up in them. Youth Centres were another name for drug dens and as for anything else that was used to improve the minds of the youth, they weren't interested and aren't interested. You can say that the government has stole billions, but from whom? These people get everything free and have ample chances to improve themselves, the working tax payers have to pay for everything, including the bailing out of the banks and the bailing out of everyone else who can't be bothered to contribute.

People can look for excuses, look for the root problem and that's great. the root problem though is that we all have created a society more interested in the latest gizmo than in sharing a meal with their family. More interested in celebs lifestyles, than the life style of their own poverty stricken grandmother! These people only care about one thing, themselves and this is what we all have created. However, where many of us want to better ourselves through good honest work and pass on such ethic to our kids, these people use the current economic state as simply an excuse to do nothing but get everything and say it is their right to get everything with nothing more than a victim mind set that's banged in to them by parents of the same low standing. If it is not race, it's class, if it is not class its something else. Modern society has simply created a greedy nasty generation of Humans that can't see the forest through the tress!

I've lived in these areas too, that's why while not defending the little b*ggers I can understand that they are the disposessed of our nation (40% child poverty rates in many of these areas). As you point out below, and I agree, we have to look at the social conditions that give rise to these thugs; and not be afraid of holding successive years of 'greed is good' govt good accountable.

I'm saying that the govt has stolen this money from the UK nation as a whole and that the 'austerity' measures to pay for it, largely in social services, will have a part to play in any further decay of UK society and community. It's blatantly obvious, especially in the light of the various bank bluffs and their blackmail of the govt, who the UK govt takes care of first; the rich and priviliged. While lots of these folks are just mindless opportunists, others are expressing exactly the same feelings as I'm writing about now.

It is not logical to condemn a segment of society without examining the society itself. You describe very well the society we have, it isn't (I think) too much of a leap to understand how these rioters have been created. There are no excuses for the behaviour as our dear govt says, but there are plenty of reasons; including first and foremostly the corrupt nature of our govt subservience to big business.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

Police release CCTV....do you see anyone you know???? Im checking them out now

!!!
EDIT: Grrrr thought there was more pics....and they are Copyrighted....despite being CCTV images wtf?? how can we post these on our facebooks etc if they are copyrighted....stupid move The Sun
edit on 9-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

link   
If this has been mentioned, then my apologies. This thread is going fast..

But Sky News are reporting "that some areas of London will be "unguarded" tonight". Thankfully they're not revealing where but this is certainly evidence of just how bad a situation this really has become now.

Hope all those posting from London remain safe!

link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by asala

Infinite to also all other members in the affected cities,

Be well,

Really my heart is with you all for what its worth

Kind Regards,

Elf

Thank you xxx

link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Whitehall sources.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

SELL OUT GEN X'ers

Indeed. Prior generations have something to answer for.

However, this is not the answer. People are getting hurt and dying, never mind the property damage.

A real leader would stand up and lead the rioters to stop this madness, then use the energy to bring about real change which doesn't ruin people's livelihoods.

Tescos and Debenhams won't go under in your rage, parliament will not dissolve, instead the cashier at your local Tesco will lose her job, the bank teller will be on the breadline with you, and the government will tighten their hold on us even further in the interest of our "safety"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Boris Johnson was just shown walking away from a group of charity shop workers. "Good luck to you." He said.

You've got to hand it to him...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Work just been told to bring in all industrial bins outside and adviced to move staff away from windows, again I'm in North Greenwich. Will keep you updated. There is no police in sight and the O2 looks like a sitting duck!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
I'll just leave this here.

Convicted London rioters should lose all benefits.
edit on 9/8/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

That would definitely be the best course of action. Even if people go to prison the prisons should not be patrolled. Just feed the prisoners and let them take care of themselves why protect prisoners because that is the society they want.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Malcher because: Adding

Oh excellent great idea, turn these people into life-long criminals. Society used to believe in criminals being rehabilitated but let's throw all that out the window and make these people a permanent social problem because when they get robbed of their benefits these people will have the balls to just rob people to get what they need. These people are rioting because of the social problems that are straining the system, the main problem however is they lack any suitable leadership, and you people are too busy demonizing these people along with the system to rise up and become leaders. A few hundred years ago people used to rise up, become leaders, and temper the unruly crowd's anger but now I see this system is a mill full of useless people who are incapable of acting when action of some sort is overdue and necessary. Seriously, I bet the first things stolen were in fact stolen by government provacateurs implanting the idea of cheap and easy things into the mob to derail the movement. You can't really convince me otherwise because there never is such a thing as a legitimate and well behaved riot in the eyes of this system, just look at the g20 protests and you'll see what they are all about. I'm just gunna rename gen x to gen useless fat nobody's who all have some sick s&m slavery fettish.

A sword can be dangerous, or it can be righteous, but nobody knows how to make the sword righteous anymore, because the system makes it dangerous every single time now for fear of the rightous sword it will one day get slain with. The system knows it is coming you can count on that, they are more educated in history than you are because they've fudged the history that you all get to learn.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Shops are closing at 3.30 here, There expecting trouble, Im hearing there is people gathering in certain areas here,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You make a good point and I struggle to argue it. Thanks for sharing a differing ( and in my opinion ,valid) view, it's made me think.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Is it really kicking off between the EDL and youths in Eltham?
Its not being reported on the news so far.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
RT @JosephStash Channel4 News - BlackBerry messenger 'curfew' considered to hinder rioting www.channel4.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

With you there... we bacame apathetic and self-satisfied as a nation, and the govt took advantage as all govts do when left unchecked. The monetary policies they adopted did nothing more than fuel the inevitable downfall of the crass, idiotic and flawed 'free market' model. According to every mathematical calculation I have read, no fiat currency system can ever survive. Self destruct is ingrained in its very conception - it is not a possibility, it is a certainty. We need a massive evolution in understanding - what we are seeing is the alternative scenario to this.

link   
More from Facebook:

My husband works down in Wandsworth and he's just been told that the Arndale is closing down now there are rioters in Putney on their way down to Wandsworth also rioting in Balham moving toward Tooting - scary stuff - baton down the hatches people we're in for another long night :-(

link   
They are shouting boris johnson london mayor off the street right now on bbc 1 . Now rentacrowd are round him

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join