It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm wondering where they (the rioters) will go once caught with our prinsons already full...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
OMG whats Boris on???? Hes on the BBC blabering nonsense lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Very interesting, I was listening to a radio show and they played a clip asking the rioters on the street why they are doing this. They said they were sick of the government, politicians and the rich and they were sick of not being heard.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
OMG whats Boris on???? Hes on the BBC blabering nonsense lol

He's always blabbering nonsense!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zanoni7

Yeah but I've lived in these areas, grown up in them. Youth Centres were another name for drug dens and as for anything else that was used to improve the minds of the youth, they weren't interested and aren't interested. You can say that the government has stole billions, but from whom? These people get everything free and have ample chances to improve themselves, the working tax payers have to pay for everything, including the bailing out of the banks and the bailing out of everyone else who can't be bothered to contribute.

People can look for excuses, look for the root problem and that's great. the root problem though is that we all have created a society more interested in the latest gizmo than in sharing a meal with their family. More interested in celebs lifestyles, than the life style of their own poverty stricken grandmother! These people only care about one thing, themselves and this is what we all have created. However, where many of us want to better ourselves through good honest work and pass on such ethic to our kids, these people use the current economic state as simply an excuse to do nothing but get everything and say it is their right to get everything with nothing more than a victim mind set that's banged in to them by parents of the same low standing. If it is not race, it's class, if it is not class its something else. Modern society has simply created a greedy nasty generation of Humans that can't see the forest through the tress!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

They are liars...they are doing it because they are scummy little tramps.
They dont understand politics, economics...nothing....they are mostly drop outs, un educated scum.

They are opportunist theives. There is no motive other than their own personal gain. This isnt a protest against anything...they dont even know what a protest is!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They dont understand politics, economics...nothing....they are mostly drop outs, un educated scum.

Perhaps the solution would be to raise the abortion limit from 24 weeks to 18 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Apparently theyve attacked the Southampton job centre, this tells you all you need to know about them.

Think I might have to keep the thick end of a snooker cue handy tonight as I live very close to the city centre.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by zanoni7

Yeah but I've lived in these areas, grown up in them. Youth Centres were another name for drug dens and as for anything else that was used to improve the minds of the youth, they weren't interested and aren't interested. You can say that the government has stole billions, but from whom? These people get everything free and have ample chances to improve themselves, the working tax payers have to pay for everything, including the bailing out of the banks and the bailing out of everyone else who can't be bothered to contribute.

People can look for excuses, look for the root problem and that's great. the root problem though is that we all have created a society more interested in the latest gizmo than in sharing a meal with their family. More interested in celebs lifestyles, than the life style of their own poverty stricken grandmother! These people only care about one thing, themselves and this is what we all have created. However, where many of us want to better ourselves through good honest work and pass on such ethic to our kids, these people use the current economic state as simply an excuse to do nothing but get everything and say it is their right to get everything with nothing more than a victim mind set that's banged in to them by parents of the same low standing. If it is not race, it's class, if it is not class its something else. Modern society has simply created a greedy nasty generation of Humans that can't see the forest through the tress!

Though I do agree with some of your points, it is really tough for the youth of today, many of them have absolutely nothing but this is never shown in the msm. The state of the economy is having far worse of an effect than people realise because the msm are saying everything is fine and we're out of recession.
I'm a young person myself who has worked with struggling youths and believe me it's bad.
Not excusing what they are doing though. What is happening is disgusting.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Update ppl the rioting has started NOW !!

Barking has been closed down and expecting riots to start around 4pm, Greenwich has multiple helicopters circling, Kent area is rioting.

No news channel is broadcasting this as usual, Its getting within 15 miles of myself so I will keep updating.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

They are opportunist theives. There is no motive other than their own personal gain. This isnt a protest against anything...they dont even know what a protest is!

I suspect in the next few weeks as CCTV images are plastered around, we will find that a lot of the rioters are middle class, educated, and white. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we got a few double barrel names in the mix. People who went to nice schools, can read, have opportunities are not exempt from the psychology of the mob.

This isn't about poverty as much as it is about a whole generation that feels robbed. Our children are doing this, and they come from many different backgrounds, ethnicities, and socio economic strata.

At the end of the day, this is wrong. As a democracy we have a responsibility to make sure that everyone is heard, and for a long time we have ignored the reality of what the future holds for the nations youth. It looks bleak, of course now, even bleaker.

A sad state of affairs all around.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hearing rumours on Facebook, Wimbledon and Wandsworth is being closed down, and Putney getting smashed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ukmale

Where? I work in North Greenwich and cant see or hear anything? Where in Kent, be specific if you can.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by zanoni7

BUMP!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yep I have a feeling its going to kick of more places tonight, There getting ready thought! I have heard a few helicopters above and i know that the police are being drafted on our streets tonight,

It made me laugh when 2 young women where talking on the news on how this was a rich against poor issue,

Im sorry but i grew up in this area, pretty much in Poverty! Message to the Riots- with the millions of damage you are causing who do you think is going to suffer the most? Its those of us who are trying to make ends meat! the cut due to money will affect us more than anyone else,

And raiding charity shops????? Really? thats hurting the rich right?

Well I hope they to get to our place as beleive me they are not going to get very far, We will make our own stand if need be.,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Iran can have our chav thug ''protesters'', and we can have their anti-government protesters.

Iran is only reciprocating the West's gesture to protests/riots in the Middle East. I am sure they would be more than willing to swap provided the West first takes the initiative inviting all the Egyptians, Tunisians, Libyans and Syrains protesting their government.

I think we would come out the better of the deal, as we would have exchanged our self-absorbed, cowardly and feral riff-raff for their valiant and intrepid political activists.

You are entitled to your opinion as to whether you would end up winners or losers in the deal. But I am sure a lot different kind of people would be "protesting" their governments in the ME once they know what kind of benefits they get from such "protests"

Although, at least Iran would get a lifetime's collection of candidates for public hanging.

Iran won't have much trouble dealing with them, that I can assure you

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Smh@ pushing for the army to be called in.. www.bbc.co.uk...
which incidentally cut off the air? I guess they have breaks in live webTV too huh?

In anycase does anyone recognise this scenario from some other ATS type topics in recent years? Here's me thinking the show has just begun....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So smashing up the AVERAGE WORKER'S property, businesses etc is the right thing to do. Destroying people's lives, average people, mugging average people, this is all acceptable as they have an issue with the government. Does that sound right to you? You know what I'm sick of? Working at times 7 days a week and still having to listen to these pathetic excuses from people who have never worked 7 days in their lives!

link   
What's the weather like where everything is? Up Burnley way it's really nice. I imagine Manchester and Oldham are having similar good weather.

Government will be praying for rain, what's it like in London? Rang my Uncle in Ealing but can't get through at the moment

link   
In recent news the british government admits total incompetence in knowing how to use a computer to monitor social media such as twitter and facebook when it should apparently count towards quelling these riots. Instead they are likely provacateuring a legitimate uprising and twisting it into looting children to disenfranchise everybody else from joining in. Expect this anytime there is a riot for there never to be a legitimate reason hiding in there somewhere. Honestly for what the cops did it should be the rioters specifically targeting the cops.

Here is what I think. The government is planting the ideas and allowing them to happen so that they have an excuse to roll out martial law and spend money destroying any efforts at producing any sort of co-ordinated uprising. This is their golden excuse to crack down on free speech and social media on a free internet. This is totally set up. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time that people are pissed about something and whenever that tension explodes or snaps these authorities are quickly there with their ruthless plans designed to thrash apart any such movement against them. The media coverage sucks because their spin on it is to demonize everybody that is rioting. When they started doing that they co-opted the riots and started manipulating all those involved, both the rioters and the spectators. You are all being scammed into martial law by a government feigning to be weak and incapable of dealing with the people. They are pretending to be hesitant so when they come cracking their whip people will pretend like these rioters will totally deserve it. Some rioters will get killed, legitimate protest shut down and a dangerous precident to ensure that it gets shut down in the future. These people are looking for justification so they can use this as an excuse every time they crack down on people with legitimate beefs with the system for they know with certainty that there will be many, many more people with a legitimate beef, and the new terrorist after you've gone after white people (recently) and muslims, ron paul voters and vets, are your children. Now everybody is a terrorist, everybody but these ruthless pomp dictators making it cost money to be born. Ahhh yes, back in the day of slavery the "slave" had a price on their head and they had to work it off. It was slavery because that price was extremely high and most slaves never accumulated enough money to pay the slave master's ransom over their head. If I was that slave I would have killed the slave master but nowadays it's some faceless government that does it's enslaving through puppetry. They hook people up to a string and marionette them into whatever they want; their bureaucracy designed to become a self-perfecting system in a crude and uninspiring way. This instrument we call the system isn't designed for our pleasure. They want us consuming so they can strip mine every resource and get us to pay for it's extraction, as it is much cheaper to recover things from a land fill after you cleanse the earth of all the useless eaters that would leave near infinite resources for a small group of half a billion or so people. All of this is planned, the planned incompetence of making our food supply more vulnerable by regulating it centrally -- resulting in food poisoning outbreaks that are much more vast than can ever be achieved with a normal model of distributed farming. It only takes one thing to ruin the batch for 100's of thousands of people whereas before we succummed to this idiocracy maybe a few dozen at worst would get sick from bad food. Because people don't regularily handle food, most don't even know how to safely handle it.

I hope parliament burns, perhaps the people should do the smart thing and take advantage of the riot to actually HAVE AN UPRISING. Temper your children, take advantage of all that energy to do something because the current status quo is unacceptable you SELL OUT GEN X'ers. There will never be a good enough time but if you show up in numbers to protect your children they won't be shooting your kids with plastic bullets, pepper spraying them, etc. Mark my words,more people will die and this will inflame things to the point not even britian's military will be-able to handle it. There will never be a better time for an uprising but these children need leaders who have wisdom.

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join