It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by hrmmm

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Just to let you know that the use of plastic bullets has been authorized this evening and ongoing...........!

Any Looters on here ??????? Come get some !!!

Yep and for those that dont know they are not like slugs, they are over an inch wide and hurt like hell.
Though these degenerates will wear the marks like a medal and get lots of pats on the back and enchorogement from their degenerate associates.

I shot plenty baton rounds in Belfast and Newry during the troubles, one guy I got right up the ass!

I can confirm that they do indeed sting a bit. They look like a rubber marital aid rather than a bullet, and if you put a bit of grit in the barrel it is like a shotgun round. Failing that, you could also fire it to bounce off the deck. It doubles its velocity which a cornered mate found out in Belfast when he fired it of the ground and decapitated his assailant.

Sorry, but your entire post sounds like bull# to me.

No it bloody is not bullcrap!

Yeah right

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
RT @SkyNewsBreak: Tottenham MP David Lammy calls on Blackberry to suspend its messaging service to stop rioters communicating

bezlington @drevanharris @brianwhelanhack just heard that Army asking troops to "prepare plastic bullets and gas canisters" #ukriots

Also, the government have authorised the use of plastic bullets for the Metropolitan Police. Rumours, the Civil Contingencies Act could be enforced tonight (i.e martial law)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

Convicted London rioters should lose all benefits.
edit on 9/8/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There was no rioting in Manchester last night; false reports.

A protest is being held in Cardiff and parts of London, against the rioters.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenMe2012
Hi guys, I Missed the 11am announcement but am I correct in saying they have done bugger all and are going to meet again on Thursday?They just going to put a few more cop on the streets?

This is insane as by Thursday the whole country could be up in smoke.

We here in Southampton about an hour from London have already had a warning by Hampshire Police last night saying they are aware of groups trying to set things up here using social network sites.

There are messages going around asking people "to show London how it's done". Apparently it's supposed to be a joke but many are taking it serious and trying to form groups.

Hampshire police have sent a number of their riot police up to London to help out but have assured us that they have enough back up to deal with situations here should they arise.

It's a worrying situation and not enough is being done from what I can see

I couldn't agree more. Apparantly they have 16,000 cops going out tonight which is 3 times as many as last night. And they *might* be issued with plastic bullets. I don't think this is enough though - if we sent in some tanks (without using live fire), the army , water cannons and temporarily issued martial law in problem areas, THEN these idiots might take things more seriously and back off. Waving your batons at the crowds isn't going to do alot and the plice can't be everywhere in these areas. Far more needs doing and it's a total joke that the prime minister is waiting until THURSDAY to reconvene parliament to debate the problems !
Last night a 26 year old man was shot in his car and died and dozens have lost homes and businesses through fires or having their places totally trashed and looted. All they plan to do is send some more police out ? It's pathetic

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by hrmmm
Man on sky news says Buckinham palace and the houses of parliament are next on the list to get burnt down

HAHAHAHA I wouldn't bet on it...

Too right. Her Majesty is one of dem. 21st century modernisedation, i'nit?

I can just see Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh getting tooled up right now. Cool Britannia T-shirt an' all.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Just been told and at this moment unconfirmed, but Erith (South East London) businesses have been told by police to close by 4pm and vacate the area.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There was no rioting in Manchester last night; false reports.

A protest is being held in Cardiff and parts of London, against the rioters.

I live in Cardiff, about a 5 m drive from the town centre where all the shops are. Where did you hear about a protest and any idea where in Cardiff it's been held ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

From 1973 to 1981, over 42,000 plastic bullets were fired in Northern Ireland. Fourteen people were killed by plastic bullet impacts, including nine children. Most of the deaths were[ 12][ 13][ 14] allegedly[ 12][ 13][ 14] caused by the British security allegedly caused by the British security services misusing the weapon, firing at close range and at chest or head level rather than targeting below the waist One of the victims, from Twinbrook in west Belfast died on 22 May having been struck by a plastic bullet fired by a member of the Royal Fusiliers on 19 May[ 15][ 16] 1981.[ 15][ 16] These concerns led to campaigners 1981. These concerns led to campaigners such as Emma Groves founding the United Campaign Against Plastic Bullets, to call for tighter mmediate controls on their use, more accountability after such shootings and even a total ban on their use in Northern Ireland
reply to post by RMFX1

The Fusilier in question later on became my section commander. He is from Ashington in Northumberland and a good guy.

Do not call someone a bullcrapper without proof.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Of course that's what the police are doing, at this point it could be very beneficial to TPTB for the whole country to beg for martial law etc. And at this point it looks like its going that way. Even with all the discussion around ATS on how TPTB do these things half the ATS'ers are already saying bring in the army.

Now I don't agree with the rioters, I don't condone their actions, and the number of innocent people attacked is rising, but that doesn't mean I'm going to beg for the police or army to come in shooting first and asking questions later.

And if the police do use plastic / rubber bullets, how long until the rioters start firing back with real bullets, or any other projectile they can get their hands on?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
Doesn't the same work when there are anti-government protests in the Middle East or elsewhere in the world? The West could take in all those protesting their governments and the problem would be solved too

Yeah, a straight swap. That works for me.

Iran can have our chav thug ''protesters'', and we can have their anti-government protesters.

I think we would come out the better of the deal, as we would have exchanged our self-absorbed, cowardly and feral riff-raff for their valiant and intrepid political activists.

Although, at least Iran would get a lifetime's collection of candidates for public hanging.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Some reports of minor spill overs to the South East suburbs; Purley, apparently a guy got a brick in the face. Coulsdon, Waitrose and car showroom windows smashed. Croydon is also apparently kicking off again now.

One thing that concerns me is that people are focussing on the little animals involved and ignoring the conditions that created them. If we hadn't allowed the UK govt to impose increasingly anti-social policies for the last 30 years and teach everybody that greed is good our society wouldn't be the wreck it is today. As I've stated before -the UK govt have stolen 1,000 billion pounds from the UK taxpayers, money that is and will be removed from social services used largely to help the poor and poor areas, to fund the bailout of the rich and irresponsible.

If the UK govt push forward with these cuts to our social services, what we are seeing will be just the beginning. Stealing from the poor to fund the rich is wrong - we all know it. Make the bankers pay for their own mistakes...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I never doubted you for a second mate - the level of detail you've given shows that you know what you're talking about. Unlike the guy who looks to be trolling you... You and I both know, non-lethal ammo doesn't come with a guarantee.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zanoni7

non-lethal ammo doesn't come with a guarantee

Then let the rioters think twice about tonight...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

From 1973 to 1981, over 42,000 plastic bullets were fired in Northern Ireland. Fourteen people were killed by plastic bullet impacts, including nine children. Most of the deaths were[ 12][ 13][ 14] allegedly[ 12][ 13][ 14] caused by the British security allegedly caused by the British security services misusing the weapon, firing at close range and at chest or head level rather than targeting below the waist One of the victims, from Twinbrook in west Belfast died on 22 May having been struck by a plastic bullet fired by a member of the Royal Fusiliers on 19 May[ 15][ 16] 1981.[ 15][ 16] These concerns led to campaigners 1981. These concerns led to campaigners such as Emma Groves founding the United Campaign Against Plastic Bullets, to call for tighter mmediate controls on their use, more accountability after such shootings and even a total ban on their use in Northern Ireland
reply to post by RMFX1

The Fusilier in question later on became my section commander. He is from Ashington in Northumberland and a good guy.

Do not call someone a bullcrapper without proof.

sorry, I don't see any reference in the above to you shooting someone up the ass with a baton round and also your mate decapitating someone with one by bouncing it. I wasn't disputing that they could kill, I already posted before you to say that baton rounds can kill people.

I was saying that I don't believe your ass/decapitation story. It sounds like complete nonsense.

link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
Some reports of minor spill overs to the South East suburbs; Purley, apparently a guy got a brick in the face. Coulsdon, Waitrose and car showroom windows smashed. Croydon is also apparently kicking off again now.

One thing that concerns me is that people are focussing on the little animals involved and ignoring the conditions that created them. If we hadn't allowed the UK govt to impose increasingly anti-social policies for the last 30 years and teach everybody that greed is good our society wouldn't be the wreck it is today. As I've stated before -the UK govt have stolen 1,000 billion pounds from the UK taxpayers, money that is and will be removed from social services used largely to help the poor and poor areas, to fund the bailout of the rich and irresponsible.

If the UK govt push forward with these cuts to our social services, what we are seeing will be just the beginning. Stealing from the poor to fund the rich is wrong - we all know it. Make the bankers pay for their own mistakes...

agree 100%.

the bankers are still getting bonus' and the mps still have second homes funded by the taxpayer.
they condemn this when them selves are thieves, they just have the binus of working with the law.

im worried this is just going to be an excuse for marial law, to me the police could of done so much more than just stand and watch. look at past protrests and riots they seemed to deal with that.
concerns me how many people on facebook are asking for marial law almost begging for it. my wall is full of it. its just what they want
edit on 9/8/2011 by kerrichin because: (no reason given)

link   
double post
edit on 9/8/2011 by kerrichin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just saw another "community leader" on the BBC apologising for the criminals. They have no jobs! They have no prospects!

Pathetic.

The vast majority of unemployed people do not go out looting, mugging, and rioting. I certainly wouldn't if I was in that situation. It's a mentality. These 'people' have no self-respect, dignity, or respect for their country. They are criminals.

Put a rubber bullet in their arse, take away their benefits, and they maybe these tossers won't try it again. And perhaps even change their lives in a positive way (if they are capable of that).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

I think martial law would escalate the situation. The police are trained to police, e.g. contain and arrest. The army, they're trained to kill. Trust me - you don't want martial law, there will be blood; potentially lots of it

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So 16,000 cops protecting london....what about the other places its kicking off???? My highstreet was attacked last night....13 chavs arrested hahahaha no doubt they will get a slap on the wrist and maybe a £60 fine...yea...that will deter them!!!

There are 2 Armoury's near me....(gun shops) i hope they are well guarded, dont need kids running around with shotguns, crossbows and the like!!

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join