It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Oh indeed I do, and apologies if I wasn't clear with my reply I know you didn't mean all teens were scumbags. I was referring to the national service part of the post, although I wanted to join the army (Until I decided that frankly the way they are being used was not something I agree with) I do not wish to be told I have to go into national service.

And the people like me who will find a job, will feel the same. Perhaps some form should indeed be brought back, but not as a blanket service for all teens upon leaving school.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
that video with them throwing stuff at the police was just TERRIBLE!! I mean the form was really crappy. little league would certainly help you guys develop proper hurling mechanics.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Question Fate
wheres all the people that like to comment on americans and how bad they are.

Well I just had one American saying that all this would have been sorted had we all been carrying guns, which is imbecilic at best.

Notice how nobody has died, yet you guys shoot each other because your dogs crap on each others lawns.

Thank Christ these riots aren't happening in the states, you'd be up to your eyeballs in corpses.

They don't happen in most of the USA because we are all armed.

...thank you King George! [/s]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by repressed
Two Sony depots have burned down tonight. Conspiracy?

Blame Anonymous, seems conspicuous, and rather fitting.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

jobs like standing in asda car park with a sign saying''empty space''
lol brits have to do them jobs or their benfits are stopped. slave labour. peole who work have to claim benefits to top up their wages, but they still work, they dont riot.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If this carrys on which it looks like it will and spread,
how long before we see the army on the streets.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

i totally agree sending all young people off to wars to die or be mamed just becuse of a few bad eggs.
plus most poeple who agree with this porbally never were around when national service was about so suits them they dont have to do it but send those who have no experience in life.
instead sending them off to fight get them to do volentary work in there neibourhood, if you cleaned or decorated something then you are less likely to reck it plus they will be taught to respect there neibourhood and most importantly themselves, which is lacking with todays youth.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

i've never heard of that job, and im serious in certain areas of the uk there realy are no jobs
and im talking of the crappy jobs too.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I cleared it up, I mean to say anyone convicted of anti social behaviour has to do it, rioting, vandalism or anything that would get an asbo.

Its a bit late here,

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i know it doesnt seem to be slowing down.
i will be surprised if cameron doesnt issue a state of emergency.
its obvious that the police cant handle it

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Question Fate
wheres all the people that like to comment on americans and how bad they are.

Well I just had one American saying that all this would have been sorted had we all been carrying guns, which is imbecilic at best.

Notice how nobody has died, yet you guys shoot each other because your dogs crap on each others lawns.

Thank Christ these riots aren't happening in the states, you'd be up to your eyeballs in corpses.

They don't happen in most of the USA because we are all armed.

...thank you King George! [/s]

Thanks McDonalds and MTV more like.

I daresay you chaps wouldn't give much of a chase to the Police would you?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin

i totally agree sending all young people off to wars to die or be mamed just becuse of a few bad eggs.
plus most poeple who agree with this porbally never were around when national service was about so suits them they dont have to do it but send those who have no experience in life.
instead sending them off to fight get them to do volentary work in there neibourhood, if you cleaned or decorated something then you are less likely to reck it plus they will be taught to respect there neibourhood and most importantly themselves, which is lacking with todays youth.

I don't care which side of the pond you are on in this scenario, you will never get teens to clean anything unless you arrest them first and a judge orders them to. Then because they think they are getting away with something slap on the wrist like, they make them fire engines shiney like new.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maby now the title should be London and Birminghams Burning

link   
reply to post by Flyer

Ahh
Well in that case you have my agreement, we are far to easy in the punishment area. If people are reaching adulthood and havn't got a sense of right and wrong (disabilities aside of course) in their head...frankly, they need something strong to 'force' it into them.

I don't want my future children walking around in a country where this has become normal.

link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

not all teens are lazy give them the chance this is the problem no matter the demographic its all judge judge judge

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

what can't handle a bunch of "students" rioting?

Gotta love how the news tries to tone things down... Just like the Helicopter "crash" in Afghanistan. Yes the chopper just crashed it was not an attack.

edit on 8-8-2011 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by buttafuqua
I bet a lot of you smug Englishmen would love to be gun owners right about now. Guns are the equalizer for this type of thuggery.

If guns were legal there would be hundreds of people dead right now.

Take your gun and stick it you know where

Then the bodies line up at
the property line.......

People don't understand these gun toting
americans will die with their ships..

It would be over now if people had guns...

link   

well its true , work hard at school and you may get to hold an ''empty space sign'', the polish get the good jobs.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

i agree the rioter's are comming out all over the place and just moving to new areas
the police cant keep up, also riot police being drafted in from other areas to deal with it
only for other areas to erupt, theres not enough police to deal with it,
and it seems like everyone is copycating in new places all the time
it seems like its a new trend that all the kids want to get in on.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
reply to post by Flyer

Comments like this can be dangerous. In so much as they alienate the teens who do try to make something of themselves. I'm 19, I went straight into work in a warehouse upon finishing my A levels at 18. I am already i nthe running to possibly take the warehouse managers position when he retires at the start of next year.

Sure the majority of people in the riots may be youth but care needs to be taken not to lump all youths into one group. We are a varied bunch.

In fact my facebook (yes I know, I know
) is full of teens condemning the riots.
edit on 8-8-2011 by StevenDye because: (no reason given)

Good for you! I wish I'd have gone straight into work, rather than Uni. There are too many Mickey Mouse degrees that it makes us with real degrees obselete.

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join