It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by catmafiareturns
I feel like this is being allowed to happen

Why hasn't an emergency meeting been called sooner? Surely Cameron can go on some sort of video link? This is extremely serious, we haven't had unrest on this scale in recent history and it's only going to get worse

Because the Cabinet are on holiday at the moment. They've all got to fly back home. I've always said it was stupid for them all to go on holiday at the same time. Why can't they sread their holidays over the year, like every other organisation does?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Time to bring in the military, the riot police are being overwhelmed.

Man injured in London riots is helped by bystanders and is then robbed by them in broad daylight. Absolutely sickening.

As to not enough jobs, well no crap - there isn't jobs anywhere these days - we all know someone who has been laid off. We are all going to see this in the near future, the money has been spent - the entitlements that we are used to are not going to be funded, its time to get used to the fact that we are going to have to look out for ourselves...not the government.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Comments like this can be dangerous. In so much as they alienate the teens who do try to make something of themselves. I'm 19, I went straight into work in a warehouse upon finishing my A levels at 18. I am already i nthe running to possibly take the warehouse managers position when he retires at the start of next year.

Sure the majority of people in the riots may be youth but care needs to be taken not to lump all youths into one group. We are a varied bunch.

In fact my facebook (yes I know, I know
) is full of teens condemning the riots.
edit on 8-8-2011 by StevenDye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

i agree with that idea
give them some discipline
and a job.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by slaine1978
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

there's not enough jobs in the uk
especialy in the more poor area's

Rubbish. There are enough jobs, they have just gone to foreign workers. Every foreign worker who comes to this country puts another Englishman on his arse.

So anyone who says immigration isn't a factor in these riots is an ignorant fool. It's not a question of race, it's a question of policy.

Rubbish, the foreign workers do the jobs that most Brits won't do. Believe me, I've dome some pretty horrid jobs over the years, especially when I was a student.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
wheres all the people that like to comment on americans and how bad they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by kerrichin

Don't misunderstand me. I'm absolutely FOR giving welfare to those in real need. That goes without question.

But too many are sponging off the state, and too many are non-British nationals. That is a fact. It needs to be dealt with because we can see the results of the generation it has created.

i can understand some are using and abusing the system but they are easy to spot. but there are those that need it. and to rid all welfare would harm pepople just like my dad.
ill admit it i was on the dole once when i was made redundant at 19 but within a month i was off it with a part time job and started college. the staff at the jobcentre treat everyone like scum and scavengers.
if you are getting treated like that day in day out you start believing i, you give up.
i always know when my dad gets reviews on his benifits because within an hour of him going hes rushed to hospital with high blood pressure, they dont listen to him, they think hes faking just like these idiots and it drives me mad.
how can he fake a transplant hes even shown them his huge scar

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

When America rioted against the U.K., America won.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Well I just had one American saying that all this would have been sorted had we all been carrying guns, which is imbecilic at best.

Notice how nobody has died, yet you guys shoot each other because your dogs crap on each others lawns.

Thank Christ these riots aren't happening in the states, you'd be up to your eyeballs in corpses.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Perhaps the Brits won't do those jobs because they can collect welfare and stay at home and be no worse off.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

there's not enough jobs in the uk
especialy in the more poor area's

Rubbish. There are enough jobs, they have just gone to foreign workers. Every foreign worker who comes to this country puts another Englishman on his arse.

So anyone who says immigration isn't a factor in these riots is an ignorant fool. It's not a question of race, it's a question of policy.

Rubbish, the foreign workers do the jobs that most Brits won't do. Believe me, I've dome some pretty horrid jobs over the years, especially when I was a student.

Rubbish. The only reason these jobs are "horrid" is because the government made them so.

If the government didn't kill off the labor movement and unions these jobs would be begged for by British people. They're only undesirable jobs because the government has flooded the country with immigrants to undermine British workers.

You've got it backwards

link   

In some places there are no jobs that most
brits won't do....
theres not much of an immigrant problem in my area
or surrounding areas so cant blame the lack of jobs on them here.

link   

Perhaps the Brits won't do those jobs because they can collect welfare and stay at home and be no worse off.

As true as this is, by taking the benefits away it is the children that suffer. And as a nation we know that is unacceptable. So we have to provide so that those that will use the money correctly, can support their children.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I think this is gonna get alot worse there's even rumors of riots in cardiff.
i think the government should stepdown or call a new election because people are realy
not happy with there policys and i think when the benefit cuts begin to hit home with
the most poorer we are gonna see alot worse imo,
i know these riots are not conected to that.
but i think it will cause alot more

It was never going to be a popular government that took over from the last. It was they who screwed us over. Unfortunately, it is us now who have to pay. It's the high taxes and social cuts or what America is seeing at the moment with their economic problems

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

the disenfranchised in america really have something to kick off about, but these scum rioting here do not know how lucky they are. free healthcare/dentistry, free rent, free money and no taxes! not bad hey?
and just think we welcome these people like no other country has ever welcomed outsiders, . im leaving the uk. they can have it all , my empire of dirt.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

I never said all teens were scumbags but seeing as you went to school with them not long ago, you must know a lot dont have respect for anyone, especially teachers.

I meant Id like to see anyone convicted of anti social behaviour get 2 years in the army.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount

the disenfranchised in america really have something to kick off about, but these scum rioting here do not know how lucky they are. free healthcare/dentistry, free rent, free money and no taxes! not bad hey?
and just think we welcome these people like no other country has ever welcomed outsiders, . im leaving the uk. they can have it all , my empire of dirt.

Where's my free house and free money. I must be being shorted because I've been given no such thing

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Of course there are going to be cutbacks - THERE ISN'T ANY MONEY LEFT.

It has been all spent.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

tell me about it. there are no student or summer jobs this year.
i went vertually everywhere to try and find some this year but nothing and part time jobs are none existant.
there is nothing out there.
god help those who have recenty finished school or are about to they have no chance.
no one wants the young,
im sick of all this young people dont try or they are lazy yes some are but some older people are too.
yes im 25 not young but not old but since ive been 1 ive had a job except for a short spell when i was made redundant. and now im caring for my dad, college full time and until recently part time working (lost job due to the shop i worked at closing)
my sister whos 17 is the same she trys but as soon as she hands in an applicantion you can tell they wont een look at it because of her age.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Says it all really!

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join