It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Heres the official met police statement on the night activities.

There has been looting in a number of boroughs in north, east and south London by small and mobile groups. Groups of youths continue to attack police officers and a number of police vehicles have been damaged. Three officers have been taken to hospital after being hit by a fast moving vehicle at approx 00:45hrs. The officers were in the process of making arrests in Chingford Mount, Waltham Forest, in connection with youths looting a shop. Two officers are believed to have superficial injuries and the other has an injury to his knee. Earlier tonight in Walthamstow Central more than 30 youths, many in masks, vandalised and looted a number shops including BHS. Officers attended the area and the situation is currently under control. Groups of youths are continuing to target shops in Waltham Forest and officers are on scene. In Brixton there has been disorder and looting. LFB are dealing with a fire at Footlocker on Brixton High Road.

Ermmm.. I just saw that the met police page I linked has a note on it saying

The material on this page is for media organisations only. Please do not publish links to this page.

So I guess i have to take that link down
edit on 7-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is a YouTube video of London burning... this one and many others haven't been taken down for whatever reason

And THIS could be why there hasn't been much media coverage - "hooligans" stealing BBC cameras

edit on 7-8-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
London is on fire wow no news but here is a little something from Skynews

edit on 7-8-2011 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

No news because that is from the 6th, it's currently the 8th here (UK).

link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Ummm...you might want to join the real world and leave dial-up. I had the update from BBC on my Android hours ago. Relax...there isn't a 'blackout'.

link   
Just sounds like some thugs and gangs acting out. There really is no such thing as a "black out". If the story is big enough, any media source will jump all over it for the ratings and to be ahead of the other guy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Ummm...you might want to join the real world and leave dial-up. I had the update from BBC on my Android hours ago. Relax...there isn't a 'blackout'.

Did you happen to watch the news tonight???? It was not on TV...not a thing. This is where most people get their news. Dont you think it funny that theres no reporting on the ground??

I dont have an android or iphone....sorry, and im certainly not on dialup lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Police have "recovered excellent" surveillance video of the incident, and "those who committed disorder and criminal acts will be identified" and held accountable, he said.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has appealed to witnesses to come forward.
"Forensic examiners will slowly and painstakingly work their way through this crime scene seeking to retrieve as much evidence as possible," Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

Big brother will be hard at work this time, analyzing all the footage from all of the thousands of cameras, to ensure that no citizen goes unpunished. Protest the police in England and you are done.

link   
reply to post by Xterrain

zzzzz same [snip] different poster.

You may have seen it....i was watching Sky all day...it wasnt on there.

Id suggest if you have nothing to add you leave. Ive already had another person attempting to troll....we dont need another thanks

link   
Aren't they always complaining about a panopticon big-brother society where cameras are on every street corner? Now they are saying it's a black out? Bet you wish there were more cameras now, eh?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What the hell is goig on over there?? Looks like somebodys favorite team lost a bloody soccer match or something!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My guess all these “youth” riots around the world are connected in some way. Someone is encouraging them to do it like a Phone tree system. They are finding the weakness that makes them rage, weather it is by race, police hatred, or their government beliefs. It doesn’t matter to the organises they just want to get them out there causing chaos.

Well that’s what I think anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You know where this is going they can have all the video they want. These kids are clearly just fed up and do not care at all. I think that speaks volumes about the direction of the UK and it's a global trend now. These little riots and protests will keep rearing up until you see full blown revolution.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

So police issued MP5's use the same bullets as a handgun??? Im in the UK but im assuming MP5 would use a different calliber bullet.

Simple....if its not MP5 then it wasnt the police.

Nice thread and glad "forever" decided to move on.
An MP5 is chambered for a 9mm parabellum. Many handguns especially in Europe are chambered in this same round. The 9mm was very common in the USA issued to police until the 40 cal took it over. So yes the MP5 uses the same round as handguns which are chambered for it.
Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
These punks have gone past the point of protest to mob rule for entertainment.

Legitimate protests are not about looting and destroying small businesses or throwing gas bombs on the passing cars of fellow citizens. I'll bet that most don't even know the real reason for the original uprising but are just seeing an opportunity to smash and grab.

How is stealing a TV or food from a grocery store owned by a small business man justified as fighting the system? It only creates dissension among those that should be standing together and weakens the message along with discrediting the messengers when it comes time to fight the REAL fight.

I'm all for the rally against the elites but not against my neighbor in the same boat.

Idiots.

edit on 7-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Exactly, there making them do exactly what they want them to do

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
But in good fun, when I first saw OPs thread, I was like - YES zombie apocalypse time.....but alas, not to be.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I've always thought the world as we know it would end, not in another World War, but rather in a Global Civil War. People are rioting every where and if it keeps up at this rate it'll be here in the US soon. And with all the guns and gangs we have here, its a very sobering thing to contemplate, to say the least.
edit on 7-8-2011 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Xterrain

zzzzz same [snip] different poster.

You may have seen it....i was watching Sky all day...it wasnt on there.

Id suggest if you have nothing to add you leave. Ive already had another person attempting to troll....we dont need another thanks

Pointing out inadequacies in your 'story' isn't trolling, it's informing. If you're too ignorant to convince me otherwise, then your story doesn't have enough weight and shouldn't be on here wasting intelligent peoples time.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wheres the media blackout? i heard about this hours ago, it does take some time for things to get updated on the news you know?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Making them do it? Well that is a conspiracy for a whole new thread imho.

Letting them do it on the other hand!!!!

I have heard endless reports of po-lice standing by while it all kicked off. Well we know they have been begging for money and are deep in cuts. So trouble flares, they stand by and let it kick off for a while before they wade in creating stains on the underpants of Gov and society and Walaaaaaaaa. More money in an instant!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join