It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I can confirm these riots are widespread. I am from West London about 5 miles from Heathrow Airport. The riots and looting has spread through Tottenham, Enfield, Clapham, Deptford, Brixton, Peckham, Chingford, Walthamstow, Ealing, Harrow, Wembley, and now my local town Hayes. This is pure madness, Brimingham is rising up as well, martial law to be declared?

link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

C'mon Sir, play nice, we three are from the Uk, dont be making us look bad with all this here going on okey dokes

link   
One owner of a shop was given prior warning from a resident that the trouble was coming her way - there is at least some element of organisation to this and it's obviously not kept top secret. An owner of a chemist claimed the police were only 60 metres away and apparently 'more sacred than he was' of the looters. Another resident wanted to know how they can deal with football matches, but have no plan of action against this sort of thing - it is bad, but it's not complete mayhem.

link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

It's changed!!!! Media blackout!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
may be they are telling parents to gather children in order to protect these brainwashed kids from the wrath, no one will have any sympathry for dead rioters.
i suspect this will begin in the early hours. tptb are seriously peed off.
These animals have no noble cause like the people of egypt. And tonight may see more deaths than mubaraks crackdown.

unfortunatly now these animals have done this once then it will happen again,because it was so easy.

only cure? VOTE BNP and get rid

Stop trying to use this to promote the BNP.

link   

Originally posted by Top Hat Boy
CONFIRMED REPORTS OF BUILDINGS BURNING AND POLICED ATTACKED IN MANCHESTER

menmedia.co.uk...

The whole country is going to sh1t!!!!

Nothing on that website about Manchester riots

link   

Originally posted by Dezero

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
On BBC news theres a woman talking from Birmingham saying it's very well organised and they are communicating with radios. Strange.

It is strange. Strange like the north african revolutions that all seemed to start up at the same time as if a big organization was funding it

Exactly, what's even stranger is the inability of the cops to cope with it, and how can so many people become looters and rioters at once ? Seems like planned.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am so tempted to head outside and hook up with those Turks! Give these little rapscallions what for I say!

link   

Originally posted by Allis1
"The kids aren't stupid, they realise the basic inequality of life in the naughties. Nepotism rules and reaching your potential is dependent on how much money your parents have and who your class mates are. Social mobility is virtually zero, unless you can kick a football half straight, the loss of free higher education, larger class sizes and the decimation of youth services sends the message, we don't give a # about you, so why should they give a # about society. Working class kids have bugger all chance to ever owning their own homes or having any choices... rich get richer, poor get shat on by middle class white males holding all the power.... they are right. there is no point; the odds are stacked against them, opportunities are bought not earned, no wonder they're all off their heads on cheap booze and meow meow" - A friend of mine

Although I don't agree with the whole product of environment crap, you're friend makes a lot of sense. A lot of people calling these rioters scum will never understand the life of the working class. Whilst its not an excuse, the reasons are not simply that people are scum.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

come on "Mr perfect i never make mistakes" lets keep this all nice and respectfull lest we degenerate into the trash everyone is doing their best to provide eachother with information on here.

link   
Woolwich is the latest they're saying....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allis1
"The kids aren't stupid, they realise the basic inequality of life in the naughties. Nepotism rules and reaching your potential is dependent on how much money your parents have and who your class mates are. Social mobility is virtually zero, unless you can kick a football half straight, the loss of free higher education, larger class sizes and the decimation of youth services sends the message, we don't give a # about you, so why should they give a # about society. Working class kids have bugger all chance to ever owning their own homes or having any choices... rich get richer, poor get shat on by middle class white males holding all the power.... they are right. there is no point; the odds are stacked against them, opportunities are bought not earned, no wonder they're all off their heads on cheap booze and meow meow" - A friend of mine

Hear you there mate... society put the ingredients together, and this is what gets served up... it was always a recipe for disaster and we've known it for years.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

MENnewsdesk MEN Media News Desk According to police, fire and Manchester Evening News reporters - NO credible reports of any riots in Greater Manchester

From the MEN twitter

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JumpUp
the way I see it this is about the youth that have no voice, this is years of anger built up in a community of single mums and people with little to there name; what they'd probably consider a 'ghetto'. They're angry at the middle class and higher class people in the area that look down their nose on them in their eyes, and they're letting it all out.

Not that this excuses anything, this is one of the worse possible ways of 'fighting back'. Not they need to fight back in my opinion, they just need to get to gather and have a voice.

while us"middle classes" are slaving 10 hour days in front of computer screens to barely afford rent, where as these parasites loot and claim benefits.

Sorry but with the economic state we are in. if you dont contribute. Get out.

link   
We need the weather to change, a bit of torrential rain should sort them out.
No one likes to riot when they're cold and wet.

link   

Originally posted by Top Hat Boy
CONFIRMED REPORTS OF BUILDINGS BURNING AND POLICED ATTACKED IN MANCHESTER

menmedia.co.uk...

The whole country is going to sh1t!!!!

Not true...so far

MENnewsdesk MEN Media News Desk
According to police, fire and Manchester Evening News reporters - NO credible reports of any riots in Greater Manchester
6 minutes ago

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I used to think that us Brits were really quite a civilised bunch,but after catching an episode of Jeremy Kyle recently,i was saddened to realise just how much pure and utter trash most of our population is!

Personally,i think its time for the coppers to seriously start splitting some heads big time!

P.S. Read my signature.Jello knows what he is talking about!

link   
reply to post by CherryV

In situations like this, ACCURACEY is normally lacking and 'mis information' causes unnecessary worry and Fear....get it right or don't say anything .......

link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

Just passed near Clapham Junction on way home. Hardly any police around and lots of looting going on.
The police are very stretched at the moment, doing the best they can. The young I think are angry because too many cutbacks have come. They cant afford anything, even their benefits are harder to get. What do you expect. I feel sorry for the local people in many of the areas who it has taken years to establish their business and homes and now have lost everything. The government has to listen you cannot take away their last pound by trying to be too hard too quick. Same time the young have to understand they cannot destroy their own future either, or that of their own communities. This is happening in the poorer areas, where help is most needed, not taken away by financial cuts. Some are thugs, some are realistic people who think they are too controlled. Maybe its an outcry for help. Either way it is not the right way to affect innocent people.
Love and Peace. xxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
2303: Dalston – Turkish shopkeepers have apparently beaten back the rioters in their area.

2303: General updates from everywhere. Croydon – Sky News have withrawn their van after it was attacked. Camden – kids are apparently roaming around shouting anti-police slogans.

Those Turks, just send them in, they'll sort all these scallywags out.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join