It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
im waiting for the emergency broadcast '' protect yourselfs- we can not protect you''

civil war in the uk in 2011 - oh and peoples insurance does not cover riots or civil war, shame.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
maybe they should put the army on the streets to help the police, if the police are now using undertrained riot police sounds like they need the army

link   
EU referendum blog spot has some pretty good comments on what is happening. (go to the bottom for several different articles) eureferendum.blogspot.com...

This particular comments puts it very bluntly. If you keep beating on people sooner or later they will react. We have seen it here in the USA where the police are also looked upon increasingly as brutal and corrupt.

They should not be shocked

"Officers are shocked at the outrageous level of violence directed against them. At least nine officers were injured overnight in addition to the 26 injured on Saturday night ...". That is from the Failygraph live clog. What is thus emerging, without question, is that the current wave of violence is largely directed at the police.

But, if the plods had the slightest idea of what was going down, they would not be in the least surprised. Like the politicians, they have completely lost touch with reality, and have no idea how much they too are hated. If you could slice up contempt and sell it, the national debt would evaporate.

The metric really is straightforward. The plods have pissed off the middle class for years, and lost the support of huge tranches of the population. It really should come as no surprise, therefore, that those lower down the food chain are reacting as they do - they get it far worse than we do. If we are pissed off, they are doubly so.

Despite that, for the next few days and even weeks, there will be untold volumes of extruded verbal material on this, from a media that is also almost completely out of touch (although not entirely so).

Thus, much of the comment will be ill-informed and miss the point - not least in any comments about race.

As North Jr points out, if you do go out of your way to piss people off, and do it long enough, they will respond in kind.

It really is that simple - and difficult. And there's the rub. One of the most difficult things to accept in this life - and it applies to all of us - is that we are occasionally wrong. For an anally-retentive organisation such as the Met-Plod - and all the other police forces - it has proved almost impossible...... eureferendum.blogspot.com...

link   
Evidently the police can-not maintain law and order.Time to issue a curfew and call in the army.Doh britain dont have an army anymore maybe we can hire some french troops.
edit on 8-8-2011 by hrmmm because: eddition

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They need to enforce a cerfew and call in the army or something, its clear
the police can't deal with this s##t

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

They've just drafted in I think 500 officers from other forces and have just said on the news (this isn't my opinion or someone's opinion) that there is now a quarter of the country's police force involved.... not all active right now, some on standby.,.. but yes, a quarter involved now.

Cheers.
edit on 8/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
maybe they should put the army on the streets to help the police, if the police are now using undertrained riot police sounds like they need the army

My brother is a police officer but not in london, actually 100 miles from london, although some people he works with is getting sent to lond and apparently if it does get worse then the army will be called in because at the moment london is a war zone, lots of buildings on fire.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef4ed4f6987a.jpg[/atsimg]
I noticed a striking similarity between those images. The top image is from the London Riots, and the bottom image is from the final scene in V for Vendetta when Parliament is blown up.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
don't know if this is right but to have a curfew you need martial law to be implemented in this country??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

simple answer: No! but hell why not impose full martial law?!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Have watched that film many times - (hence my sig
) however this is not the general public uprising against the state - this is a minority of disaffected people who do not represent the good old British people, the general public are sitting in their flats/houses frightened and wondering what is going to happen next - not good

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

500 police officers is nowhere near a quarter of our police force...its a fraction of a percent.

I just heard they had drafted in cops from other BOROUGHS.....they are still Met Police as far as i can make out

Im watching BBC news....have you got a link to somewhere that says 1/4 of ALL uk police have been drafted into london. Id like to know how Yorkshire Police got down here so fast lol

link   
reply to post by hrmmm

I totally agree! Did suggest it earlier on -

link   
reply to post by UnReAl2010

Thanks for posting the photo's. To see such pictures sickened me to my stomach, but it's real life I guess..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

The trouble is,all the criminals have guns and law abiding citizens in uk get arrested if they try to protect their familys because of the human rights act!

Time that all citizens in uk that dont have criminal records be allowed firearms for personal and family protection in their homes

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So the looting and useless violence against the police and private business continues. Are these people going to keep it up until the army gets involved. Once the army is involved, demonstrators will be hurt or even killed. It is time for the protesters/hooligans to call it a day before they get more than they want.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

No thanx regarding your relocation plan to a remote Scottish island!
We have enough scumbags of our own making,without taking everyone else's!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by blupblup

500 police officers is nowhere near a quarter of our police force...its a fraction of a percent.

No, I'm not saying 500 is a quarter, they've drafted 500 fro outside the met police and altogether, including all met officers involved, it totals a quarter of the police force.

I just heard they had drafted in cops from other BOROUGHS.....they are still Met Police as far as i can make out

Well maybe Sky are talking crap, wouldn't be the first time.... I'm flicking between the stations.
They said other forces, not MET forces.

But who knows.

Im watching BBC news....have you got a link to somewhere that says 1/4 of ALL uk police have been drafted into london. Id like to know how Yorkshire Police got down here so fast lol

I'll have a look, It was just said on TV... not sure if it's out yet or if there are figures... I thought that it was a bit high but then I have no idea to be honest?

link   
Tonight is even worse, it is escalating totally. These guys are completely scum bags, but you can't help thinking its the way the world is with the financial situation that is making this worse.

link   
Solution found for all those who are worried and concerned tonight in London, those not being thugs:

So simple Solution to Riots Economic Collapse Etc

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join