It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
And typical Tory government as so out of touch - telling people off like little children! Oh yeah as if the people that are carrying out the looting are going to listen to the government

As an aside know lots of people around the areas where the riots are happening who are frightened at the moment wondering what is going to happen next - people like me or you just wanting to live in a safe environment

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

1909: A “river of fire” has apparently erupted in Hackney town centre. Fuel has been poured down the street and set alight – this might be connected with the looted Texaco petrol station from earlier.

thewestlondoner.wordpress.com...

Jeez.

link   
I'm hearing reports of riots in Birmingham from several sources, including friends.

Anyone heard this? Twitter is reporting the same

link   
Ps don't know if this has been mentioned but apparently the bullet that had been reportedly fired by the guy that got killed (e.g. the bullet in the radio) was actually the second bullet fired at the guy in the taxi by the police

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I hope it's not true about Birmingham. Because you know the Asians and African community will end up fighting each other. Race relations are horrendous there

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace
[mor

is this a contest about whos the poorest , you can take a homeless in the street and said that people in africa doesnt have what the homeless have in the uk that right , but the comparaison is wrong .
Its not about what you own , it about what are your perspectives in life what are the chance that you have in this society .
And dont tell me everybody is born equaly.
What those people have left to explain themselve ? hard work ? do you listening their anger apparently not who are listening them ...
Im not saying that everything is wrong or right im just trying to show you the bigger picture.
Try to see it in this way not they have everything , and i dont have that , they are rich liar not poor why do they have a nice car and i dont . Dont get fooled about what you see you should know better if you are in ats.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's all over twitter about Birmingham, there a lots of police. The Bull Ring was closed early on advice of West Midlands Police and there are police blocking the entrance to the Pallisades and Birmingham New Street Station.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
I'm hearing reports of riots in Birmingham from several sources, including friends.

People have seen others getting away with looting, it's bound to spread. This goes way beyond protesting, this is out and out criminality.

Sure, the youth are disaffected, but to see local buisnesses being torched, buses being torched and cars being torched. Okay vent your anger, but take it out on the authorities, the rule makers. They are the ones who have got us to this state.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJOldskool

i agree the goverment is to blame however if anyone should be agrieved in this country then that should be the white working class. im from northern england where jobs were destroyed by thatcher. then the polish came and thousands more white working class lost their jobs. And lets not forget that east germany has been developed to higher standards than northern england- thanks london and the south, northern england has gained nothing from you after you shut down our coal and steel works. And for what? sky high energy bills ? riots?
yes blame the people in charge whom have abandoned all sense of nationality for backhanders and profits.
This country could have had full employment, equality and a very low crime rate, instead we see the ungrateful rioters taking the piss,laughing at all the looney liberals. i suppose these rioters will be laughing at the free hospital treatment, free rent and free help with bringing up their kids as well. all 10 of them. .
roundem up and send em to a deserted scottish island and airdrop them food and water.
talk about biting the hand that feed you or what.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Ps don't know if this has been mentioned but apparently the bullet that had been reportedly fired by the guy that got killed (e.g. the bullet in the radio) was actually the second bullet fired at the guy in the taxi by the police

Yes I have heard reports about this, but things are pretty sketchy at the moment.. This will only escalate the anger if true.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

People have seen others getting away with looting, it's bound to spread. This goes way beyond protesting, this is out and out criminality.

Sure, the youth are disaffected, but to see local buisnesses being torched, buses being torched and cars being torched. Okay vent your anger, but take it out on the authorities, the rule makers. They are the ones who have got us to this state.

If it goes off proper in Birmingham it's only a matter of time before it moves to Manchester, Liverpool - Then possibly smaller problem areas, particularly ex-mill towns where poverty and crime is rife

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Twitter going crazy with rumours of police and youths standing off in Birmingham

some links (unconfirmed) straight from twitter

yfrog.com...

yfrog.com...

Bullring evacuated.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

well they will use it as an excuse - even though the family of the guy that was killed don't want all the rioting to continue/ or even start - think it has gone beyond that now

And what is Boris Johnson going to do when he gets back from his holiday -

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi ATS members,

Just wanted to share some High Res images, of the protest's in North London for anyone who has not yet viewed them in high detail.

I have been to England before when I was younger, and could never picture this happening.

Agreed, nothing on mainstream news so I wanted to share these images with you all.

Thank you for this thread and I am glad to contribute.

please view the photos below.

cryptome.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

If it goes off proper in Birmingham it's only a matter of time before it moves to Manchester, Liverpool - Then possibly smaller problem areas, particularly ex-mill towns where poverty and crime is rife

I'm from Bristol and we have had a history of riots especially in the St.Pauls and Hartcliffe area. These are poor areas, but so is Knowle West and Southmead, yet there have never been any riots in those areas. It will spread, you only have to look at how auickly it's kicking off sururb to suburb in London.

I hope everyone stays safe.

link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
reply to post by SecretFace

You are saying that the rioters are the Chavs just getting what they can for free. I am telling you that it is not. Some of them rioters are people like myself who are sick of having to pay for what the Bankers and the Government have done to us. You are single minded. Yeahhh, lets say it is because people just want something for free instead of addressing the REAL PROBLEM. People like you make me sick.

The rioters are made up of thugs, mainly from the black community who are just looting what they can and smashing as much of the city up as they can!!! they are not sick of the bankers or anything because the protest has nothing to do with this!!!!! The answer is in what you put. They are RIOTING. if they wanted to show the government they were fed up not having jobs they would be PROTESTING.

link   
That building in Peckham is crazy man..... trying to clear area for fire brigade to get there.

S*** man...

Spreading too.... not just the fire but the violence..

This is all out madness...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Boris will undoubtedly bumble his way through a press conference, what a joke he is.

Where's Dave I say?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They just said on the news that a quarter of all of England's police force are now involved on policing the troubles in London...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

lol i doubt that VERY much.

They havent even called in the Essex Police or Kent Police.....there are plenty of officers available from other countys Police forces

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join