It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't quite understand what planet some of you are on. The ones that don't come from the UK, ok, but don't comment like you think you know what's going on. People from the UK, don't comment unless you are from or live or have experience of living in these inner city areas!

As I have said, quite clearly, this is not the revolution that we want. The revolution that we want is the rise of the workers. These people are not workers and they certainly are not poor.

These people get everything free, now I don't know what you get in America, but these people get the following.
Access to free education up to and including colleage
Access to free Health Care
Access to free school dinners
Access to unemployment benefits
If living in Council accomadation, which they all do, it's all free, everything!.
Access to heavily reduced social activities such as gyms
Access to Open University course, all paid for, in order to gain degrees etc.
If they are foreign nationals (PRIORITY TO BRITISH COUNCIL HOUSING GOES TO THEM)

Does this sound like a hard done by community? Does this sound like a hard life?

If they have many kids and don't declare the partner living there, they can get £1500+ take home a month, thants not including bills, as they have none!

Does that sound like a hard life?

Now lets see a working British family.

Nothing

That's exactly what you get. You may get tax credit if you have kids but if you earn over a certain income then you don't get it and to be fair, if you have kids and don't want to live in the slums, an household income of 50K a year will get you by, anything less and you're struggling big time! That's rip off Britain!

So back to these kids, this is not a revolution. These spoilt horrible scum just want to get more for nothing, they don't want to work, they don't want to hlep themselves.

The day the worker stands up, is the day of real revolution. Until that day, I will wish nothing but for the authorities to crush this destructive cancer on our society!

I tell you something, if they cross in to the Bexley borough, I and many like me will defend our area to the end! My family have now lived here for years and I've lived here for a while after getting out of East London. I'm not going to sit by and allow this filth to destroy everywhere!

So that's that, comment as you may, but this is no revolution, not for the working men and women who are being attacked on all fronts and at the point of working themselves in to the ground to keep a roof over head and food on the table. These are my brothers and sisters across the planet and those and only those, past and present, are the people that I will fight for against all that is against us. Government, Police and Scum!

Thank you! I would have put this as a new thread, but I cant as I don't have posts, but I do hope this will help you understand what really is happening in Britain. The working people are being destroyed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nando's
Riots update: We've been advised by the police to temporarily close our Colliers Wood and Stratford restaurants. Brixton remains temporarily closed and we're in direct contact with all the authorities to ensure the safety of our staff and customers at all times. Stay safe folks and keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook for further updates.

That was posted on facebook by nandos about a minute ago so it seems things are only expected to get worse!
Im from England and it makes me feel sick to think this is how people are acting. I bet most of the people involved are having the time of their lives! Im far from racist but theres no wonder the type of 'people' causing all this crap get the stereotype they have!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Nandos!

edit on 8-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
OMFG this is getting closer to me now!!

1820: Latest reports now are from Romford, with police riot vans being present. Any more news from there? Ravenside Retail Park in Lea Valley has also been struck by rioters and looters, apparently. We now have our Twitter feed up and running – follow @TheWestLondoner.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

For your information. I am from the UK. You need to update your facts a little bit. These kids have no future.
Some of them WANT TO WORK, but cannot get a job. Some of them have to watch their parents worry themselves sick because they do not know if they cannot afford the next Mortgage Payment or for the next meal!.
Some of these kids are in FEAR because of Terrorism and the threat to this country.
Yes your post was lovely, but do one thing, KEEP IT REAL instead of trying to coat it with sugar and make things look sweeter than what they are.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Sure it's rotten, that's the point. This is the 21st century, surely we can do better? I am in full support of passive protest. The sad historical fact of the matter is that the rights we have are written in the blood of those who fought for them. Power has always resisted change or threat to it's superiority, and it has never flinched for a second from using violence to ensure its survival... I hope that things can be changed peacefully, I'm pesemistic tho. Remember the guy who's info could have peacefully stopped the Iraq war by exposing the now known truth of the exaggerated case for war? Didn't turn out well for Dr Kelly... or many others that have challenged the authority. Though I hate gun culture I do remember the US saying about better to have one and not need it than the reverse. When you are challenging a regime which will use violence, tactically you must have a deterrent. Whether you are prepared to use it or not is another question. If an armed guy bursts into your house and is set to harm you and your loved one's, but you have an MP5. Could you really say you wouldn't use it? Though this may seem a bit random, I hope you understand my point. Defending oneself from violence may in itself involve violence. The alternative is to sit back and get it like a baby seal...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head for me.

I'm getting really angry about this now. My mum, dad and little sister live in Catford. (For those of you that don't know this is near Lewisham where there are riots this afternoon. It's all getting a little bit real. I moved away from home a couple of years ago now but Catford is still my home and I can't bear the thought of these parasites abusing it.

My mum just said this over the phone and it made me chuckle..

"I assume that some people have to complain because with the free house, the free school and free salary they feel they should have free clothes, free tv and washing machines so they can save up for betting on dogs."

ETA- She got that off a blog apparently so I should source it really
*goes to look*

Hope everyone's safe x
edit on 8/8/11 by JammyQ because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/11 by JammyQ because: I CAN'T TYPE

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 140BPM

What are you talking about? Want jobs, watch their parents? Are you living in a day dream? You might be from the UK, but wher in the UK, search back through my posts to see about life in East London for me. Have no future? I know people and I have been one of them, to have several jobs to get by. I know people who have several part time jobs. No future? Didn't you read my last post? Let the excuses roll off the tongue, but I know exactly what these people want and that's what they have been getting everything for nothing. Anyone who has lived in these areas knows this. I've been made redundant twice in the past two years! Did that stop me? No, we can all be victims if we want to be. These people have no future, because they don't want to have a future, unless its being a footballer or a drug dealer! And if you support these people then you are either one of them yourself or severely deluded.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hackney, Peckham, Harlesden, Lewisham under attack , groups loitering in Barnet, Romford,. Stratford 'eerily quiet'.

From thewestlondoner.wordpress.com...

Also reports of violence in East Ham. Lea Valley too.

link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

It's a bloody good thing that it is a disorganised mob... if they got their tactics together they could do some serious harm to the police in that environment. I really hope some idiot, superman trip, glory seeking senior commander does not think to send the police into an unfamiliar mutli level estate. It could end up like shooting fish in a bowl, and none of us want this. So far the death count is at one (AFAIK - Mark D). Serious strategic and tactical errors by police command could raise this on both sides. I hope the commanders have the sense not to precipitate an escalation by provocative or clumsy policing. We've already heard some incidents of this.
edit on 8-8-2011 by zanoni7 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by JammyQ

hey you laugh but I know that they do get fully furnished houses/flats! Washing Machine all in! I know Catford pretty well, hope you and your family stay safe. Be prepared too, this scum are kicking in people's doors! Have anything to hand and use it without hesitation!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM

For your information. I am from the UK. You need to update your facts a little bit. These kids have no future.
Some of them WANT TO WORK, but cannot get a job. Some of them have to watch their parents worry themselves sick because they do not know if they cannot afford the next Mortgage Payment or for the next meal!.
Some of these kids are in FEAR because of Terrorism and the threat to this country.
Yes your post was lovely, but do one thing, KEEP IT REAL instead of trying to coat it with sugar and make things look sweeter than what they are.

I have to disagree and say that your WRONG! These people that are rioting arent doing it because they want better jobs and a better future! they are doing it because one of the local gang members got shot by police and now what started off as a protest outside the police station has turned into a full on riot and every theiving scumbag (more than likely on benefits with no job and no intension of looking for one) is out to get themself and Ipad, PS3 and flatscreen TV. Every honest person is at home trying to stop their houses and cars been destroyed!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"the ice age is coming, the sun is zoomin in, engines stop running. but i have no fear, 'cause london is burning up...

and i live by the river!"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I know that you might think this to be me just making some opportunistic propaganda, but is there a link between this kind of obviously mindless violence and the WW2 blitz against London by the German NAZI movement ? Same no doubt drug or alcohol induced autistic psychopathic insanity ? From what we can make of it all, it becomes clearer and clearer that the rioting morons are probably inspired by the same trotskyite anarchist revolutionary crap going on in other countries. As far as I understand there is far too much crime in London. From the BBC news reportage it would appear that on Thursday 4 August 2011 as the police in Tottenham intercepted a suspect, on suspicion of possessing a fire arm, the suspect resisted arrest by pulling out a gun with which he shot the police, which then resulted in the suspect being shot to death by the police. Gun and drugs crime in London. We must not fall into the trap of thinking that the associated riots in Tottenham and around about London are anything whatsoever to do with any legitimate political struggle for social justice. Anyone possessing a fire arm or blade is no longer a civilian, but becomes a militant combatant, and as such are no longer protected by International Human Rights Law that protects only those who are civilians. Anyone holding in their possession a fire arm or blade should immediately hand in their weapons to the police. Petrol Bombs are a classification of fire arm. Rocks and stones although primative are none the less a weapon system. Thus these rioters are "enemy combatant" terrorist activity and might end up being fired on by Her Majesty's Royal Army. The rule of Law and Order must not be defeated. I advise that the government institute a nightime curfew. Anyone violating the curfew should be immediately shot dead. That should put a stop to the idiotic youth who are terrorising the City of London with their nightime crime activities.

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the One Absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic [celestial immortal] powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 8/8/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

link   
Latest updates from the last hour or so.

1837: A bus is reported to be on fire in Peckham. Reports that Lewisham looters are heading towards Catford.

1836: Romford station has been closed and police are on South Street. Meanwhile fresh reports are now coming in from East Ham. Argos, Barclays and a pound shop have been smashed.

1833: Police are grouping together in the centre of Harlesden. Meanwhile three police carriers have gone rushing towards Harrow town centre.

1832: Injured police dogs, location likely Hackney:

1831: Petrol station report from earlier is from Texaco in Hackney. Apparently rioters have control of that.

1830: Hackney riots reportedly started next to the Pembury estate after a stop-and-search by police turned bad. Police are now at the top of Ellingfort Road and 3 helicopters – Sky, BBC and police – are overhead.

1827: Masked youths smashing up Peckham. It’s definitely kicked off there. No further news from NW London, sounds like the closures & evacuations there may have been precautionary.

1826: Ros Griffiths, who runs the Employment café in Brixton, says violence across capital is result of years of tension. Meanwhile we’re only just keeping up to date – reports coming in that a petrol station somewhere may have been attacked. Trying hard to confirm.

1823: No more reports from Southgate, people there are saying it has calmed down. Riots erupting everywhere else in London though. I need a minute to breathe and clear my head!

1820: Latest reports now are from Romford, with police riot vans being present. Any more news from there? Ravenside Retail Park in Lea Valley has also been struck by rioters and looters, apparently. We now have our Twitter feed up and running – follow @TheWestLondoner.

1817: and another one from Peckham. Damage to shops being reported by BBC News. Police massing to retake the street.

1816: More groups reported to be forming in Barnet. No buses travelling into Peckham or Lewisham. Struggle to keep up with all this! Peckham pic from just now:

1814: Fireworks, petrol bombs and smoke flares in Hackney apparently, awaiting confirmation. Sky News shows pictures of peope setting fires and turning over commercial waste bins.

Picture from Hackney about 20 minutes ago.

1811: Someone has been arrested in Barnet. Indicates that the large crowd there might have turned nasty. Updates to @gazthejourno on Twitter if you have them. “Eerily quiet” in Stratford.

1807: Another picture from Harlesden. (we can’t take pictures from lockerz.com)

1807: Half of the shops in Green Lanes have been closed, apparently.

1806: Picture just in from Peckham, seems to have spread there as well. Large crowds on the street.

1804: Hackey – someone has apparently tried to steal a BBC reporter’s camera.

1803: Minor delay, just checking my parents were OK. Harlesden is definitely under attack from rioters, checking that out now.

1758: Latest from Harrow is that the town centre has been evacuated. Could be a preliminary measure; there’s no reports of violence from there yet.

link   

Am I living in a day dream? No!!!. I am living in the real world! Do you know how long it took for me to get a job?
Two long and hard years. Do you know how many times the Job Centre stopped my benefit, even though I PROVED that I was looking for a job?. Do you know that I had to WALK four miles to a Job Interview because they no longer fund the bus fare? Do you know that I ended up on Prozac because I was in despair and thought that I may never get a job, and was fed up with having to eat frozen food that costs 1 pound and was damaging my health?
You know nothing about how hard it is. Are you someone who's mummy and daddy paid for everything for you?
YOU are the one living in the dream world!!!!! Wake up and take a good look around........ Or do you only want to see what YOU want to see.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Watching live now, jesus help us. This is awful.
Cars on fire etc live on Sky news.
If you can get Sky news like outwith the UK here is the link:
news.sky.com...
Just above main picture you can watch live....

Disturbing

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah I know :p Pretty sure I went to school with a few of them!

I don't live their any more, I moved to Bath relatively recently but the rest of my family are their including my little sister and I swear if that scum go near their home I will ... (expletiveexpletiveexpletive)

My sister was saying something about her Blackberry and getting invites to riots (Which she declined of course!!! but I guess they're being sent to everyone)

The BBC is live in Lewisham now www.bbc.co.uk...

Stay safe x

link   
This will end sooner or later. But what does everyone think about the 2012 Olympics. I can imagine seeing much worse scenes on the streets

link   
I know this info may not be entirely related to the current topic at hand but I just saw two dark green Chinook helicopters together flying over brooklyn. Is this strange or another everyday occurrence for military copters to be running military operations over civilian areas?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join