It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

1604: Conservative MP Bill Cash says the legal restraints placed on teachers and social services in dealing with young people demonstrate the need to repeal the Human Rights Act.

BBC News

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

1622: There can be "no liberty without order", the home secretary says. "The tide is turning because communities up and down the country have said 'enough is enough'," she adds.

BBC News

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This made me lol.

Theres talk of evicting the looters families from their council houses....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I dont see that as being a laughing matter.

giving police the authority to go into public housing estates and arrest people going door to door is just going to make things worse.

not to mention what it means for the future, giving a government this ability is just a downhill slippery slope to martial law.

not to mention the fact they are allowing "volunteers" to join in with police.

people are going to die and this will spiral out of control if something isn't done.

arresting people in there homes is not the answer, neither is letting anti-riot vigilantes join up with police in quelling the riots.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well if they cant respect other people's homes/shops then why should these morons be aloud to live in houses that are supplied for them by tax payers?

Edit-Removed half the post because i'm a tit

edit on 11-8-2011 by EpicKingy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki

...people are going to die...

4 people already have died at the hands of the rioters.

If they are evicted from their tax-payer funded council house the authorities will re-house them in a tax-payer funded hotel or private house.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

You do realise someone has photoshopped David Cameron's head onto that rioter? *Facepalm*

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Please have a look at this thread i made last night (was the early hours so not many people have looked)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A girl openly admitting stabbing people, and almost blinding a police officer in the riots!!

Honestly....i think you will be as disgusted as myself!!

Im pretty sure she is either a ring leader of a sort (organising the chaos) or just a troll.....im pushed towards ring leader given some of the comments....you will see what i mean

edit on 11-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If the authorities try taking the housing commission homes off them then they will take to the streets and do even more damage.

I hope Britain has plenty of jail space!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

Volunteers are joining in with the Police because they don't have the numbers. If you think Cameron put on thousands more officers, he's lying.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

We have no jails...only prisons and they are mostly full.

I think we will need to build camps to hold these people or bring in prison ships. They cant be allowed their freedom after the crimes they have commited. They know the prisons are full...they know they will ultimately get away with what they have done...maybe a fine...ooooooooooooooooh that will deter them eh lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
With posting & reading
rabble.ca...

"Riots are about power, and they are about catharsis. They are not about poor parenting, or youth services being cut, or any of the other snap explanations that media pundits have been trotting out: structural inequalities, as a friend of mine remarked today, are not solved by a few pool tables. People riot because it makes them feel powerful, even if only for a night. People riot because they have spent their whole lives being told that they are good for nothing, and they realise that together they can do anything -- literally, anything at all. People to whom respect has never been shown riot because they feel they have little reason to show respect themselves, and it spreads like fire on a warm summer night. And now people have lost their homes, and the country is tearing itself apart."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

If the authorities try taking the housing commission homes off them then they will take to the streets and do even more damage.

How much of a deterrant is British prison life?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

How much of a deterrant is British prison life?

It's not easy in UK prisons. My partners brother was inside recently up north and he had a hell of a time with it. He really couldn't get used to a having to watch SKY on a 26" LCD in his cell. It was a living nightmare for him considering the LCD he has at home is a 42"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Watch Kids Behind Bars on the BBC or youtube.....its a holiday camp not a prison!!

42" plasma....PS3...takeaway food....internet....hows that justice??

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by rayuki

Volunteers are joining in with the Police because they don't have the numbers. If you think Cameron put on thousands more officers, he's lying.

What makes you say this? I dont see any proof in your statement.

I believe there was an influx in police presence.You can see the results from last night's drop in riot activaty.(in the London area anyway)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
HI all ,new member to ATS ,some good comments listed, makes good reading I believe the uk is at the forefront of NWO propaganda and believe we are observing another false flag attack using the people against the people, yes these are criminals, yes they need to be jailed and yes the local communities have all rights in protecting themselves against these scum bags . I hear minibuses where rallying thugs to trouble hot spots but by who ? (gladio units MI6 ?) www.dailymail.co.uk...
What we are witnessing is another case of Problem ,Reaction Solution . Here in the uk 99.9 % of population want our loving government to come down harder on them (us!) Be carefull what you wish for ! as they will happilly accomodate your restrictions.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
hey there seems to be a slow down soooo are the riots over??? Did I miss anything last night?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy

reply to post by rayuki

What makes you say this? I dont see any proof in your statement.

I believe there was an influx in police presence.You can see the results from last night's drop in riot activaty.(in the London area anyway)

The public are volunteering to help the police.....the police have rules to follow...the public dont
We have been told we can use force on the looters.

They are helping the police

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

I think they are slowing because they want to see how much of a "harsh" punishment they will receive.

Given the soft touch sentencing i would imagine this will all flare up again in the coming days. When they know there is no real punishment they will crack on with what they have been up to.

A £100 fine wont deter a criminal looter...they will just budget for the fines by stealing more stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join