It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I saw a great scene on Sky news before,It was a group of Sikhs protecting their area.Not sue if it was London or Manchester,but the point is,there was a big white skinhead guy in the front row,with the Sikhs in their turbans.
I like to see that.
All cultures helping out together.
Can't find a pic or link yet,maybe someone else knows a link?

No one is going to put up with this crap for long.
Streets will be blocked off by the residents-Anyone read "the walking dead" comics?
Substitute the zombies for feral youth.

the sikhs are a credit to britain, but thay should not be going vigilante unless the police say thay can because if thay hurt anyone thay will be held to account but the folk thay face will not as thay are hard to track down. its upto the police to sort this not the people

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scrambled_Eggs
our sky morning news just reported that a police station has been firebombed in nottingham, Canning circus or padding circus i didnt quite catch the name

This is terrible whats happening around the world, i can understand rioting against a totalitarian regeime but most of the Uk riots at the moment have no connection to anything except the shooting of a gangster
edit on 9-8-2011 by Scrambled_Eggs because: to add police station name

I can tell you categorically that's a major over-simplification of what's going on here.

The thread has been going a long time and there are a lot of other reasons given for why things have gone off so insanely. The shooting incident and the incident thereafter at the police station in Tottenham with the young girl were a flashpoint, but since then people who don't give a darn about the guy who was shot have jumped in with many other motivations. In some cases there is the suspicion that the violence and looting is being organised by those with their own agenda and goals. The reason that a lot of the kids involved in this have no respect for their community and neighbours is the result of successive anti-social policies of govts amongst many other factors.

If it had just been about the gangsta, it likely wouldn't have gone this out of control.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The idiots completely naused up the attack on the police station in Nottingham. 8 people already arrested at the scene, apparently !

It was actually firebombed bcause the 8 people were arrested earlier

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Maximum respect and kudos for the cool outlaw picture!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Take a bow son!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What worries me is that this could be a long term problem, not of the same intensity, but whats stopping these groups of people from rounding themselves back up when the police have gone?
They've now shown how easy it is so this could be a regular occurance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
It was actually firebombed bcause the 8 people were arrested earlier

That's not what my ''sources'' say. I heard the attempted attack was the fire-bombing equivalent of one of those disappointing fireworks going ''phut'', and that 8 people were arrested shortly afterwards around the scene of the attack.

I'll have to seek clarification from my man on the ground.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
What worries me is that this could be a long term problem, not of the same intensity, but whats stopping these groups of people from rounding themselves back up when the police have gone?

I'm pretty sure as soon as British law enforcement gets organised and in big enough numbers these punks will feel what the difference between rioting and protesting means.

Clamping down on a protest is tyranny.

Clamping down on riots is protection.

edit:
What i mean to say is, next time they'll be sure to be carrying banners and chanting instead of trashing shops
edit on 9/8/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I have an idea. Why don't you start hating on them as a society. Nothing like being consider lower than spit under a pile of dog poop by everyone to make something seem less cool.

These people are feeding on each other, thinking that they are awesome.

Finding out that their fellow citizens are willing to rat them out, and are filled with disgust at them - that the use of anonymity they so love can be used by their neighbours to target THEM too, is a hard unpleasant lesson.

These people think that you are afraid, or that you secretly agree with them. Finding out that you openly are disgusted by them is a shocking moment for them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by NadaCambia.

Funny how lone lunatics always quite easily kill large numbers of people in America. Where are all your sharp-shooters and super-skilled gun owners in these cases?

Exactly... didn't ONE guy with ONE gun kill 8 people the other day in the states?

And how many have died at the hands of thousands of UNARMED rioters and looters so far after 3 NIGHTS of this trouble....?

ONE.

The stats never back up what these idiots spout off.
yes let's advocate making people defenseless, that's such a great idea, so we all can get knifed to death instead of being shot. Sorry but if I don't have a gun I have a knife, and I intend on using it on the person that wants to take my life if that ever happens. Fair is fair, I know I will take at least one of em out if they try.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Hi neighbour, am I am local to the area too.

I have freind working at Asda in Wigan, that is what she had heard whilst at work.

It's hard to find out what is actually happening.

The news has reported several fires/disturbances widespread across Greater Manchester, maybe that includes our area.

I don't know love. I'm not going out now either!

Be safe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Education Secretary Michael Gove told the BBC's Newsnight programme the problems appeared to be down to gangs who had put aside tribal and territorial differences and were "collaborating to create havoc and criminality" by Press Association LiveBlog 11:10 PM

Not sure how Groves knows that, or where he's getting his information from, but it's an interesting comment.

There was a report on BBC news earlier this evening that the several hundred people gathered near Piccadilly gardens in Manchester appeared to be orchestrated, with a number of men giving orders/directions to the mob, they even appeared to know where the police were and what time they would be arriving in that particular location.

If this is true then what we have here is an organised crime operation, with various "gangs" joining forces, again if this is true, then just think what the hardcore/leaders of these various gangs are getting up to whilst all the attention of the police is being focused on rioting and looting!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Beware anyone in Nottingham also,police station has been fire bombed.80 arrests I just saw on Sky news.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

I have an idea. Why don't you start hating on them as a society. Nothing like being consider lower than spit under a pile of dog poop by everyone to make something seem less cool.

These people are feeding on each other, thinking that they are awesome.

Finding out that their fellow citizens are willing to rat them out, and are filled with disgust at them - that the use of anonymity they so love can be used by their neighbours to target THEM too, is a hard unpleasant lesson.

These people think that you are afraid, or that you secretly agree with them. Finding out that you openly are disgusted by them is a shocking moment for them.

These kids don't give a darn about what anyone thinks other than their peer group, and the UK public already considers them the lowest of the low. Hate? Not sure that's going to solve any problems in a constructive way.

I must say that there's an awful lot of advice from folks who don't have any experience and understanding of our culture and society. I would have to say some of it is so far off the mark as to be more than a bit ridiculous.

Though I may get modded for saying that some other views are ridiculous, I feel it's both my duty and my right to give a clear picture of UK society and not let people's imaginations, fuelled by imagery, go too far off course.

We are not the hating, seperated society some people would appear to want us to become. For many years we had great multi cultural relations. It's the last years of anti-scoial govt policy that have created this huge problem.

PS. Night folks, stay safe wherever you are. We are better than the scum. Ignore the advice to become them.
edit on 9-8-2011 by zanoni7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Beware anyone in Nottingham also,police station has been fire bombed.80 arrests I just saw on Sky news.

The fire-bomb was apparently a damp squib, and it was put out not long after the attack. I think it's only 18 arrests, because earlier in the day 10 people got arrested after they climbed on to the roof of a building in Nottingham High School.
Don't ask !

link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Education Secretary Michael Gove told the BBC's Newsnight programme the problems appeared to be down to gangs who had put aside tribal and territorial differences and were "collaborating to create havoc and criminality" by Press Association LiveBlog 11:10 PM

Not sure how Groves knows that, or where he's getting his information from, but it's an interesting comment.

There was a report on BBC news earlier this evening that the several hundred people gathered near Piccadilly gardens in Manchester appeared to be orchestrated, with a number of men giving orders/directions to the mob, they even appeared to know where the police were and what time they would be arriving in that particular location.

If this is true then what we have here is an organised crime operation, with various "gangs" joining forces, again if this is true, then just think what the hardcore/leaders of these various gangs are getting up to whilst all the attention of the police is being focused on rioting and looting!

Is it possible these are locals gathering together to Stop the looting?
That is whats being reported on the radio is that hundreds are gathering everywhere to stop this from going on

link   
for those that firebombed the cop shop -- > I wanna shake your hands and congratulate you for projecting your anger at the right group of people.

for those who are just randomly looting and committing acts of violence -- > I would beat your head in with a baseball bat if you came near my home. Target cop shops and government buildings at night and I'm fine with that, purge the system that is hurting you, but you best not be pissing off the only people who can prevent the huge world of hurt that is coming for all of you protestors/rioters. As I mentioned, even if you cover your face they can derrive algorithms to identify people based on posture alone. These kids are stupid morons if they think that they won't be getting it later.
edit on 9-8-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join