It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
They're saying they have no evidence that Duggan fired his gun.

But what does that mean?

Simply that they have not found any bullets fired from his gun?
That could mean anything - what if his shot landed far way, or was into the air?

Ballistic tests have shown that the gun found and "suspected" to belong to Duggan, did not fire any shots... no shots were fired from the gun "allegedly" carried by Duggan.

Or is it because they know that only 2 shots were fired in total, and they've found 2 bullets (from police gun)?

Yes, both were fired from a police issue weapon, ballistics tests have proved this.

Or is there another forensic way (involving Duggan's gun) establishing his gun wasn't fired?
Was his mag filled to capictity with one in the barrel?

We don't know that he even had a gun.

They lied about there being a shoot-out when in reality, they just shot him dead.

I'm not convinced he had a gun, they probably just planted it.... if he did and didn't pull it or fire it, then It's murder, pure and simple.

link   
Im SO sorry

edit on 9-8-2011 by yzzyUK because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
reply to post by Flyer

no he had two wounds and the cops fired two so.... i'm watching that slow talking woman say it again on sky news now so i am right

Funny how the BBC are saying he died from a single bullet wound and only 2 shots were fired. If 2 shots were fired, how come there was another one lodged in the radio?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Conflicting reports and ligitimate sources = Conspiracy

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have a question. Do we think that youth all over the country has been sitting on the sides waiting for this to happen for some time now or is the U.K so volatile these days that it only takes one spark to make everyone go ape? (as in ape ***t no colourist remark intended)

I don't know what to think these days...I didn't think the kids were this organised so as to get together like this all over and get damaging. There must be something else too it in my opinion. Does anyone know how many people are involved in causing the actual damage as supposed to the kids who just take advantage stealing the stuff once the damage is done? Could it be that two things are happening here at ones? An organised revolt against (what ever it is) and just opportunitists hoping to get some nice jeans and some sweets???

I'm sorry they may be dumb questions but they are what is on my mind at the moment.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by Flyer

They shot him twice, which shows they intended to KILL him rather than simply disable him.

No they didnt, they shot him once, 2 rounds were fired but obviously the 1st one missed and ended up in the radio.

Indeed. But note now they are saying that there is no evidence he had a gun. Whatever - what followed is nothing to do with the shooting..
you and the two who stared you need to watch sky news thay have the woman in change of the forensics report saying your wrong

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I agree, how hard can it be to follow the orders that are given to stop any further action? (like happened) It is sad this guy had to die but it was his own fault, he clearly had a weapon and yes, maybe the weapon was not shot but he still had one and was most likly willing to use it.

It was his own fault and wasn't he known to be a trouble causing thug? The riots are just criminals using this as an excuse, that's all it is. It's not just london but a number of cities so I highly doubt his death as anything to do with it.

Pull a gun on armed police and expect the worse, seriously how stupid can comeone be? Oh yeah... probably thought he was a "bad man"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Is that you Hillary Clinton?
You come over here to the states with thoses ideas and
I bet you win the White House by a landslide! I like your
take-no-#hit-attitude

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by McGinty

They have said that Duggans gun was real but wasn't fired!!

Anyway i guess he must have been waving it around for them to have shot him... i dunno as i wasnt there.... but maybe they should have aimed at his leg!!

This hasn't a damn thing to do with this riot.

I know a guy that got himself shot by the police. People I knew cried about how it was unfair. The guy was a dick, and I'd have shot him too for what he was doing. Put the damn gun down. Seems pretty damn simple.

I applaud your passion over the subject, i assume that means you are from London...?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic
LOL this is nuts this is still going on? Is it just the working class areas or lower class areas or has it spread to all areas?
I'm simply amazed at this ...

I have friends at Goldsmiths and they are saying allot of the champagne drinking upper class bigots are in on the 'fun' as well.

link   
Deleted post... Off topic.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Soshh

A "disabling" shot is not sufficient unless it renders him unable to pull a trigger. Do you expect them to shoot the gun out of his hand, Old West-style?

A single shot gives him a reasonable chance to live, if this happened in the US, there would have been 60 rounds in him which would have included the police reloading. I love the hypocrisy of Americans.

Well a reasonable chance depending on where it hit of course (it hit him the chest iirc) but shooting someone is quite possibly the most unhealthy thing that you can do to a person and in my mind the chance of him surviving doesn't factor into it at all.

The way I see it there's no such thing as "shooting to kill", you either shoot expecting your target to die or preferably, you don't shoot at all. I'm not saying that you were advocating doing this, but shooting a guy once to increase the chance of him surviving is like saying "I only killed him a bit".

BTW I've heard all of the horror stories but there are some very professional officers in the US, they're not all gun-toting loonies.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
I have a question. Do we think that youth all over the country has been sitting on the sides waiting for this to happen for some time now or is the U.K so volatile these days that it only takes one spark to make everyone go ape? (as in ape ***t no colourist remark intended)

I don't know what to think these days...I didn't think the kids were this organised so as to get together like this all over and get damaging. There must be something else too it in my opinion. Does anyone know how many people are involved in causing the actual damage as supposed to the kids who just take advantage stealing the stuff once the damage is done? Could it be that two things are happening here at ones? An organised revolt against (what ever it is) and just opportunitists hoping to get some nice jeans and some sweets???

I'm sorry they may be dumb questions but they are what is on my mind at the moment.

These people are thugs and criminals but this generation has no future.

Country is over-crowded. Chance of having a good job and being able to own a house in a decent area, it's just not likely for the vast majority.

Even if kids in poverty work hard the only achievable goal is an average-wage job and a life paying off a mortgage or paying rent on a house in a # neighbourhood full of chavs and misery.

Most young people feel this way - fortunately only few of them are criminals and pikeys.

There really is no future for the vast majority, no matter how hard they work.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Ballistic tests have shown......lie

ballistics tests have proved this..... again lie

We don't know that he even had a gun.......lie

They lied about there being a shoot-out when in reality, they just shot him dead.......BS

I'm not convinced he had a gun, they probably just planted it....well when it don't fit with the way you would like it to just make it up eh
there is no ballistics info out and wont be for months as i've said the woman in charge of the forensics is on sky saying your wrong

whats your source or are you just makeing it up

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by McGinty
They're saying they have no evidence that Duggan fired his gun.

But what does that mean?

Simply that they have not found any bullets fired from his gun?
That could mean anything - what if his shot landed far way, or was into the air?

Ballistic tests have shown that the gun found and "suspected" to belong to Duggan, did not fire any shots... no shots were fired from the gun "allegedly" carried by Duggan.

Or is it because they know that only 2 shots were fired in total, and they've found 2 bullets (from police gun)?

Yes, both were fired from a police issue weapon, ballistics tests have proved this.

Or is there another forensic way (involving Duggan's gun) establishing his gun wasn't fired?
Was his mag filled to capictity with one in the barrel?

We don't know that he even had a gun.

They lied about there being a shoot-out when in reality, they just shot him dead.

I'm not convinced he had a gun, they probably just planted it.... if he did and didn't pull it or fire it, then It's murder, pure and simple.

Thanks for info about the ballistics.

I saw the IPCC rep giving the statement on the news. I don't recall her mentioning ballistics - she simply said:

"...There's no evidence he fired the gun..."

That could mean lots of things.

Regarding the police planting the gun: As we've seen before, no individual or organisation is above lying and covering up, so who knows?

edit on 9-8-2011 by McGinty because: formatting issue

link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Aeons

It was his own fault and wasn't he known to be a trouble causing thug?

No. Most people who know him have said he was a decent normal bloke.

And there's no evidence that he even drew his gun. Just because the police say so doesn't mean it happened, they've proven themselves to be liars.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if some trigger-happy officer shot him without reason

link   
reply to post by Flyer

were both Police in the car?

even so i'm sure you can lower your gun slightly

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

Originally posted by iamusic
LOL this is nuts this is still going on? Is it just the working class areas or lower class areas or has it spread to all areas?
I'm simply amazed at this ...

I have friends at Goldsmiths and they are saying allot of the champagne drinking upper class bigots are in on the 'fun' as well.

Really? 'Upper class' = aristocracy (!)

Are they raiding 'Bargain Booze' for their champers?

Did they get their hoodies from Harrods?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Did the man on BBC just say 2,000 youngsters causing trouble in Manchester?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Youths attacking jewellers in Manchester now, close to St Anne's Sq

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Ahh, I see thanks for that. Still, why was he carrying a gun?

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join