It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They are obviously expecting something in town but when i was there i only saw people starting to gather. It was a friend in ribbleton that told me they had seen trouble starting. Like was said above, pretty standard for Preston

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Live Helicopter View: rt.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I believe he masterminded the looting via extensive tweeting

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
1844: The Central Housing Office in Salford, Greater Manchester, is on fire. Fire crews are said to be at the scene.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
1844: Derrick Campbell, trapped between youths and police in Birmingham, goes on to say: "They've just attacked one of the Sky vehicles with sticks and missiles. The police are keeping them at bay, they've blocked the road off... I must admit that I am a little bit nervous, I'm not sure how I'm going to get home."

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
Reports of further looting in Blackpool...

Though I think I've seen it before, with the caption you made me larf - lots

link   
reply to post by moosevernel

English ? NEVER

That's Sam, the snack snatching seagull of Aberdeen.

Which begs the question ... why aren't the Scots & Welsh rioting ?

link   

Originally posted by bigbrek
reply to post by iWokeUp

its on all the tv all day

No its on a loop and showing YESTERDAYS rioting. The feeds are not like yesterday, there not covering the same.

Sky news is reporting more than BBC news, showing helecopter footage over london now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC

Ultimately it's the fault of the guy who first shouted "HEY... LET'S TRASH THAT SHOP OVER THERE NOW THE COPPERS AINT HERE!!"

Well i would have to disagree with you on that because you would also have to look into the reasons why the guy would consider shouting that...If it was a simple as that then this looting/rioting would be a daily occurrence. You have to ask yourself why now?

Nothing to do with protests and i hope the british govt will be able to resolve this soon.

Im curious why you say that this is nothing to do with protests, yes they are committing criminal acts but why cant a criminal act be considered a form of protest.
edit on 9/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Watching live on sky news now, cars burnt out, shops looted, one shop set on fire, Now a double decker has been set on fire. So its no feeble riot as some have out it is getting alot more serious.

So it's spreading from anger towards cops to anger towards anyone?

Hmm... seems to me they forgot why they are rioting in the first place.. it's not like the shopowner killed the guy..

The trashing of public property started within 10 minutes after the first agression towards cops, and it was only a few hours later that all hell broke loose.

I'm NOT gonna have myself talked into believing that most of the people on the streets "protesting" even have a clue what they're "protesting" about.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

English ? NEVER

That's Sam, the snack snatching seagull of Aberdeen.

Which begs the question ... why aren't the Scots & Welsh rioting ?

because the scottish and the welsh are sneaky and have trained seagulls to do it for them....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
1844: Derrick Campbell, trapped between youths and police in Birmingham, goes on to say: "They've just attacked one of the Sky vehicles with sticks and missiles. The police are keeping them at bay, they've blocked the road off... I must admit that I am a little bit nervous, I'm not sure how I'm going to get home."

Theyre not all bad then.

My mum just arrived in the country today and she was talking to the coach driver who went through clapham last night. 200 chavs were approaching on the road and he just floored it and he told her he wasnt stopping for any reason, even if he ran them over.

2 thumbs up to him.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

OK, so now you're milking it... but still funny!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Reports of further looting in Blackpool...

Though I think I've seen it before, with the caption you made me larf - lots

i thought we could all do with a laugh in the midst of all the doom and gloom =)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

It means doing a bit of graft!
but seriously, why would they? Neither really have the same problems as England. Wales has Cardiff and Scotland has Glasgow and the rest of the areas are fine and people generally are good natured even if they are broke! We have every city on the map and every city is generally filled with angry twats and 500 languages!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

OK, so now you're milking it... but still funny!

i know
never know when to stop lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Even as an atheist, I'll give that idea a big AMEN!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
why are the media releasing the news about the IPCC findings. It's almost like they want to stoke the fires.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
sitting watching the police chopper do passes and blue lights heading to something in Milton Keynes, just south of the city centre

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

This is why: www.bbc.co.uk...

Some do, they say they are attacking rich people. This is absolute bull# and their reasoning is based on ignorance. They assume anyone with a business is rich! I can guarantee their actions have destroyed small businesses that struggled to get by. Their actions have hurt many people, who are probably worse off than they are. If there was any degree of morality behind this they would be taking on the real reason this country is in the mess it is, like the government, and the bankers, and the CEO's of multinationals, not independent flower shops or charity shops.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah its pretty stupid, in the inner city slums they wont think

"well he had a loaded modified gun on him that in all fairness he probably pulled which prompted the copper to shoot him and even if not, he had a loaded gun on the streets of London"

No, their response will be..

"Nah mate, proper pig white man merk their mums init burn the place proper shot my brother yo ya errrbody get tipsy merk merk, na what I mean !!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 who got da green biatch"

So really the media should think, but the place burning to the ground gives the media something to talk about for the rest of the year!

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join