It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

It kicked off about 4pm I think, got in to full swing by 8pm. Honestly, I don't think anything is happening tonight, not in London, I'm still at work in North Greenwich (South East London) and nothing is happening, I think I'm the only one left in the entire area though!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7
reply to post by Dionisius

We, the UK people, understand very well why we don't want a gun toting nation - because most of the time we're a civilised bunch who regard guns with the same kind of contempt and disgust we regard the 'bomb the b*stards' attitude of some more war mongering nations - who, coincidentally, (if we're keeping record) could be considered to have a track record of failure and defeat when it comes to military campaigns in the last 50 or so years...

Let's just end the gun discussion with 'we agree to disagree'. Some guy way across the Atlantic is never going to convince any significant amount of people over here that gun law is the answer. We regard this as fully primitive.

Pat Tillman - all star American, killed by an American gun. Covered up by an American govt. God bless America.

Damn right zanoni, definetly agree to disagree with the Americans on this one. Good points raised my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
Just hearing that gunshots have been heard in Wolverhampton town center... the source is an ex MP who i have on my facebook so its quite credible, may be a good idea to stay away... Hope peeps dont mind my attempts to keep everyone updated as to whats happening here.

Could be the exploding tyres of a burning car. I hear sirens up here in the Greater Manchester area but then, that's nothing new!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by Aeons
That's what I said. I hate the people who think that to be feminine is a disgusting thing worthy of use as offensive degratory insult. People can take their use of a term used for a vagina to indicate their disgust, and they can shove it up their anus.

As someone with an anus, I object to using a body part of mine to indicate your disgust.

Its derogatory and not worthy.

I'm glad you get it.

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

problems between 4pm- 7pm

real problems began around 8pm as sun going down

link   
There's talks of rioting in manchester going on right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
[Not scared of death, I would take
quite a few of them out with me..

Easy to say from the comfort of tapping away on your keyboard.

It would be my honor, now if me, and 300 other
REAL men stood up to their line with guns, well issue would be over...

Please re-enter the real world, and exit your fantasy world.

I can see why the USA has such rampant gun violence when so many Americans ( if ATS is anything to go by ) have such a totally irresponsible, deluded and dangerous attitude towards firearms.

link   
I've seen calls for rioters to be shot in this thread, and have a question for anyone who honestly will answer.

What would your true reaction be to seeing these kids being actually shot and laying bloodied in the streets?

Does anyone here really want to see that happen?

By the way, some western sources are reporting that there will be an increase in police numbers, and many will be armed, and may use "plastic bullets" ... which can cause serious injuries and even kill.

Answers/thoughts?

link   
RE: the gun debate

There may be some positive aspects of owning a gun. But the truth is: a situation like this would 1000x worse with guns involved.

The police are already out numbered. Imagine if they were also out gunned...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

(5ft bar, it's pretty heavy so should stop a rhino)

A weight lifting bar?

Brits are sooooo funny.

I would be loading the .45's

don't have to shoot to kill just shoot their legs out.

edit on 9-8-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

One day you will mis and end up throwing your life away,tho LOL

Anyway the chances are the other person in the US that your shooting at has a gun, if you shot at him hes not going to care about just wounding you in return hes going to just shot back in self deffence and probably kill you i hardly think thats a win win situation for you

Yeah brits a re so funny with there Medieval weapons, but i find you more funny

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

The lack of proper coverage of whats going on is pissing me off ! The BBC is purposefully talking about the original shooting over and over again, I need to know whats happening in my city as i'm heading to a footie match in a minute and want to know if the witness reports I'm getting can be verified.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

police have been way too soft. They could at least smack them in the legs with the batton a few times. They just seem to chase them up the street a bit without engaging them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I've seen calls for rioters to be shot in this thread, and have a question for anyone who honestly will answer.

What would your true reaction be to seeing these kids being actually shot and laying bloodied in the streets?

Does anyone here really want to see that happen?

By the way, some western sources are reporting that there will be an increase in police numbers, and many will be armed, and may use "plastic bullets" ... which can cause serious injuries and even kill.

Answers/thoughts?

I would hate it.

And if a pile of them decided to come at me to prove how they are allowed to impose their will on me, I'd gladly shot the mofos myself.

link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Americans are always talking how they'd do this or do that. But I don't see any of you doing anything, rightly or wrongly.

Don't you know that all Americans are fearless 6 feet 5 inch muscle-bound warriors with the gun skills and precision of a top military sniper...? At least, on the internet, they are.

link   

Originally posted by MediaMonkey
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

The lack of proper coverage of whats going on is pissing me off ! The BBC is purposefully talking about the original shooting over and over again, I need to know whats happening in my city as i'm heading to a footie match in a minute and want to know if the witness reports I'm getting can be verified.

This is where I got my info from.
But there are trolls.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MediaMonkey

Sky and BBC both seem to be saying there's no trouble at the moment anywhere-the cops may have told them to pretend all is well in an attempt to keep people off the streets.

Sounds from twitter as though there are pockets of fires/riots going on though,from Manchester to the midlands,to London.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Trouble starting in manchester apparently

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ba0d08edd53.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7bdab33bf5f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If any children get shot .....

remember how very angry indeed people rightly were about Jean Charles De Menezes.
I for one was absolutely livid about it, and totally ashamed for my country. And that's unusual for me ; normally I'm a just forward thinking historian

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join