It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The only story on the front page of BBC as of now.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
There's probably a media blackout because anything showing the events is likely being stolen.
This just reeks of opportunity and not in the sense of the betterment of mankind. More like a great way to score a new TV or some free pants. Hard to take this seriously.

Also from the OP's post and some media coverage that I have seen there appears to be a lot of black youth. Sadly not a surprise by today's standards.

brill
edit on 7-8-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

Better watch out what ur saying before it gets an off-topic or tc violation tag slapped onto it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is nothing newsworthy. It is just organised gangs of criminal youth consisting of sub-iq level members of the feral underclass. Jumping on the chance to appear justified in smashing the place up.

It is English Idiot pack mentality functioning at a more malevolent level than usual. Nothing more than than that really. All these fools are probably mostly locked up by now,

It's the people with jobs and businesses that suffer when these selfish morons do this kind of thing. That area has a long history of this nonsense. It's nothing new to that part of London.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC story about the riots. Funny how they talk about it as if it's already over.

Was Tottenham's riot a cry of rage? By Matt Prodger Home affairs correspondent

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The gardian has a much broader overview and more detailed articles. (In my opinion)

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
it could be something, but we would need another massive hit to the markets this week before people start getting angry about losing their money, and jobs, that will cause people to start rioting and looting, but this thing in London was more or less motivated on race

The trading week hasnt even fully started and markets are already in trouble with markets in the east that stopped trade yesterday after 5 minutes only.

We ain't seen nothing yet, the "massive hit" that ur talking about hasnt even happened yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenMe2012
The cops have apparently beaten up a 16 year old girl causing further outrage

www.youtube.com...

This is not good

There's no prelude to what happened but appearantly she got crap kicked out of her and left her on the ground injured.

If that isn't gonna add more fuel to the fire i don't know what will..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well, yes, naturally.

I'm not sure what's taking so long to officially identify the bullet. I suppose there's procedure and red tape involved in these things, which takes time.

Time needed to make up a new (plausible) coverstory that can't be debunked by something as trivial as eye witnesses.

Identifying a bullet and the gun it came from is routine work for LE nowadays, shouldnt take this long.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"How is stealing a TV or food from a grocery store owned by a small business man justified as fighting the system?"

So it is okay to steal from big business?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Also from the OP's post and some media coverage that I have seen there appears to be a lot of black youth. Sadly not a surprise by today's standards.

brill
edit on 7-8-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

Would you care to explain what you mean by this? Because from where I sit it seems racist.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I live in South East London and I just like to explain something about the situation and about the country in general.

First of all, these riots apparently come about when an individual was shot by police after apparently shooting at police first. The IPCC investigate all such incidents and as such the Police can't comment on an open investigation, this is bollox as it causes problems, but that's one of a billion #ed policies in this country. The family weren't happy and claimed to want justice and that he didn't shoot at anyone, which is odd because it is almost like they know what happened yet are still demanding to know what happened. Inner London boroughs are # holes, English is often the 50th language, communities huddle within themselves, young kids, black kids in particular either want to be a footballer or drug dealer and when the former fails, the latter steps in and guns and knifes are everywhere, as well as the gangs carrying them.

During the Tottenham riots, the majority who took part saw this as an excuse to loot and burn and this is exactly what they did, even though many of the shops had flats above and people were literally running for their lives, doesn't matter, they just wanted to rob.

Both fire crews and ambulance services report being threatened with knifes and even guns when on the scene. Many residents have lost all their homes, belongings and have nothing more than the clothes on their back.

Last night the riots spread, when I say riots, I mean the main part of the riot, looting, spread. East London, where I used to live, was one such area, again typical inner city slum.

Now many people seem to support this behaviour, but let me tell you something. How many of you people have lived in these areas? How many whites on this board has experienced living in an area where you are not only outnumbered, but made to feel like an outcast, how many have had your 7 year daughter called a white slut by 7 year old black kids? How many have had to deal with your wife coming home from work saying the neighbours have been calling her an English pig again?

I crawled out of this life and got my family out of there. Do you know what I was told by the council when I asked about rehousing, you're not a priority. Who are the priorities? Single Parent familes and non-British nationals! The same people who had to put up with abuse from. These are the same people that get more benefits than anyone else, the same people that get a property fully furnished without paying a penny, the same people whos children eat for free at schools, the same people that drive around 30k cars, latest clothes, latest phones but don't work for a living. I had to work three #ing jobs for years before we could afford to get out and get a place of our own.

The people who are oppressed most in this country are White British working families, especially of Middle Class status, these people are suffering, these people are losing everything and these people get nothing from the state.

Any of you on this board that support nothing more than looting by scum that have had it all in this country, need to look at yourselves in the mirror and ask what side you are on.

There have been people threatened, people beaten, shops burnt out, cars burnt out, homes looted, women raped, do you all support this? I tell you what, live in these areas and then reply to me.

You people who support this behaviour and these people should be #ing disgusted with yourselves!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I hope my American brothers and sisters pick up on this but instead do this to banks, wall street... where the REAL enemy is. I don't think burning down Ronald McDonalds house will change anything. All though McDonalds poisons and contaminates millions of people with growth hormones and god knows what else every year.

Like the Watts Riots of 1992, the looters just destroyed their own neighborhood, no more corner stores ect. They could have at least burned down parts of Burbank and Hollywood. I mean i seen a 10 a year old kid carrying a couch on his back. Go to the suburbs and get you some nice s#!% at least

Sorry that is just how i feel, something has got to give

This is just a small taste of the shape of things to come imho
edit on 8-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Strange when I sent it to a friend on facebook, I had to do a security check.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Ive just emailed all the big news agencies making them aware we know they are hiding this....doubt il get a reply or anything will change on the news

Dunno what you're listening/watching but it's been all over the BBC, ITV.

No one's hiding anything. Quit trying to scare people into thinking there's more to this than just a bunch of moronic people looking for an excuse to destroy things and cause damage. That's all it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

If this was because of Police Shooting or Some Police Brutality as the Victim Mark Duggen

London riots: Met Police launch major investigation BBC
www.bbc.co.uk...

8 August 2011 Last updated at 00:48 ET