It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ORB in my living room !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I think its more a matter of a steel (shiny) picture-frame reflecting the camera flash. Low quality mobile phone shots create some wonderful effects!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
"Orbs" was just a name given to particles of dust that were captured by the flash of digital cameras whose lens were focused deeper into the field of view .
Show me one picture of a so called " orb " captured before the onset of digital cameras and I will lick my own ass .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
LOL!!! that is just hilarious! that is not an orb. just clean the lens and all will be fine mate

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
LOL!!! that is just hilarious! that is not an orb. just clean the lens and all will be fine mate

Got nothing to do with having a dirty lens . The effect is caused by the flash being too close to the lens and is common with digital cameras . "Orbs" do not exist .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jambo440

The bright central orb in your image was generated, IMO, by the combined effects of two processes; light from the built-in flash getting back scattered directly into the camera by a close in particle and from illumination of imperfections on the optical surfaces.

First, a tiny particle of some sort (i.e. dust, pollen, oil, etc.) a short distance in front of the objective lens, and well inside the minimum focal range, back scatters some of the light from the flash directly into the objective. Spherical waves from the particle edges interfere to generate an airy disk of light on the sensor. An airy disk appears as sharply defined concentric and irregular width dark and light circles. In the real world the scattering particle is irregular leading to interference from multiple edges washing out the sharp features to produce a low contrast airy disk with fuzzy circles.

This low contrast airy disk is often the end of an orb analysis but the artifact in your image needs additional explanation to account for the asymmetrical features seen inside. These are generated when back scattered light from the original particle encounters other particles or imperfections (dust, oil, coating voids, rain drop residue, etc.) on one or more of the cameras optical element surfaces (lens, focus elements, sensor, IR filter, etc.). Then new diffraction features get added by superposition to the original low contrast airy disk. In this image I can see at least one clearly defined spherical particle and a linear fiber.

In summary, the orb in this image appears to have a conventional explanation. But orbs should not be completely ignored. Orbs that appear to be self illuminated, strange asymmetry, or unusually bold colors should be investigated further.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

incidently I have a pic of a similar "orb" in my neighbours house which is through the wall behind the bookcase, I can agree with most of you about dirt on the lense, talc effect, flare etc but im possitive the phone lense is spotless and how do you exlain the glow arround it, again this isnt an i-phone or any other type that accepts "aps" so the image hasnt been tampered with. I dont see these with my eyes, just on images, after getting interested in these "orbs" i found myself analysing all my pics and found loads of them, again usually arround my daughter and no I dont think she has an imaginary friend, hears voices etc, just seems to be where I see them most
The woman who says she can "see and hear" things has no credibility but talked the talk to the point of me believing things she said, heres some more pics for your scrutiny

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hi OP, I would alter those images and blank out your childs face

I think it is just your mobile phone camera causing them, is that the curtains pulled? Try a Polaroid camera or non digital, as you will get loads of orb shapes in photos from using a digital camera type at night. I dont think the orbs are very clear, the pics are grainy and fuzzy so I would be wanting to see some non digital daytimes ones
edit on 8-8-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I really didn't think so either prior to purchasing my home....but now I am certain that Orbs actually do exist.

I too was of the mindset of these flash/digital camera photo anomalies likely being attributed solely to dust.

As somewhat of a photography buff, I had my own dark room and enlarger as a kid.
My first job as a teen was actually in a photo lab developing passport photos and portraits.

This all was Until I purchased my home which I wouldn't call haunted but it has several spirit entities or perhaps a portal to the other side.

We've had shadow figures and these hooded ones type entities show up at night standing at the foot of our bed.
I now sleep with a Bible near my bed and it seems to have diminished somewhat.

I have also experienced sleep paralysis on several occasions...I can hear something walking/shuffling nearby while it is occurring.

My dogs have seen something apparently flying around the room that I felt most likely was some type of orb.
They didn't bark at it or anything as they sometimes will at things they recognize on TV but they just kind of watch it fly around curiously. One dog does growl at entities it is seeing in the middle of the night and sometimes goes ballistic !

I had never seen a real Orb either until One manifested in front of my very eyes in the form of a round glowing orb.

I was retiring for the evening and with all of the lights off in the house I was going upstairs and at the top of the stairs it appeared.

The Orb that I witnessed in my home was luminescent, golf ball sized and glowing a blue-gray color.

As I approached it , It moved incredibly fast into next the room and through the adjacent wall, all in the blink of an eye.

Interesting though, upon initially moving into our home, and whilst taking "BEFORE" shots before painting and decorating, there were numerous Orbs in the pictures taken of this very same room with an Olympus Digital camera which I attributed solely to DUST.

The house had been vacant for at least a few months prior to our moving in. And I am certain that there was plenty of dust having accumulated in the home especially during the hot summer months.

But interestingly enough, when we went to begin painting this room the following weekend, our paint rollers purchased earlier in the week and were still in the Home Depot plastic Bags with the other supplies. The rollers and nothing else from the bags had all but disappeared.

For this is the identical room that I previously captured the Flash/Dust orbs in the photo, and the rollers disappeared from, and also where I later witnessed the Luminescent orb fly into this same room sometime later.

These Orbs captured in the photograph could very well be attributed to Dust but after my experience with our home and in particular, this room, I am beginning to wonder if there is a connection between the two.

I am only stating my experience with this phenomenon. Take it for what it's worth.

But As far as what I have witnessed, Orbs DO exist. And perhaps there is a connection between what we are seeing in the photos after all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op
that picture on the fire place looks fake
or bloomin weird

Fake ???? the frame of the pic is metal and light from the flash has made it shine in the image

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The orb is most likely a tiny speck of dust floating close to the camera.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I,m swaying towards the "dust" theory on this now so thanx you guys for the input

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
After taking a good look at it, it is your lens. If you look in the upper left hand side of the big 'orb'. there are a few smaller ones, they're most likely dust or smudges on your lens, if you clean the lens before every picture, you won't see them. If you do however, post them, I'd love to see them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

That isn't a orb, I'v seen orbs myself and they are usually blue but that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

Funny you should say that.

I took a family snap of all the kids in the family a few years ago, siblings, cousins etc. for gran to stick on her wall. They were lined along the sofa and floor with the littlest ones in front. Everyone was smiling apart from a nephew in the back row who's very shy and had a scowl on his face. Right next to his cheek was a small blue ball that didn't look like one of those smokey magnified dots you see in normal orb pics. Damned if I can't find that photo now. I think she still has that on her wall though. I might pinch it for a scan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join