It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 holds emergency conference call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

G20 holds emergency conference call

economictimes.indiati mes.com

The Group of 20 major economies held an emergency conference call Sunday to discuss possible coordinated action to minimise market volatility, a South Korean official said.

The call came after Standard & Poor's cut the US credit rating for the first time in history Friday, saying America's politicians had been increasingly unable to get to grips with its massive fiscal deficit and debt load.

South Korean officials said G20 deputy finance ministers participated in the teleconference early Sunday.

"Serious discussions" are continuing as the G20 seeks to contain market disruption
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.moneycontrol.com
www.financialexpress.com
www.dw-world.de

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

G20 states agreed to consider issuing a joint pledge to make efforts to soothe the global financial market, an unnamed finance ministry official told Yonhap news agency.

"Although it's not confirmed, (the countries) are reviewing issuing a joint statement before Asian financial markets open," the official was quoted as saying.

The G20 wasnt supposed to meet until November in London. This is not good news. An emergency meeting behind closed doors is a sinister move and not in the best interest of the US.

economictimes.indiati mes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Heres what I hope there discussing.
Bank bailouts and failures.The EU is crashing.
France Societe Generale -commonly known as SocGen thats thier second largest bank.
SocGen owns 88 per cent of the Greek bank Geniki.
Italy, UniCredit Banca thats thier largest bank.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Would you rather have them not discussing things? There's alot going on in the world and for the life of me I don't see why you think communication is a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Heres the first of the bailouts.
www.abc.net.au...

The European Central Bank (ECB) will intervene on the markets to protect Italy and Spain from an accelerating debt crisis, a monetary source said this morning.

ECB governors held emergency talks overnight to decide how to tackle the continent's debt crisis before the major financial markets open for trading tonight.

After the meeting, the source indicated the bank would buy government bonds of the eurozone's third and fourth biggest economies.

A statement from the ECB, issued after the central bank held a conference call, said it would "actively implement" its bond-buying programs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We'll all know how all of this will end up.

-Increased taxes for the majority
-Increased Military spending (for invading future countries like Syria and Iran)
-Decreased Public Spending
-Increased Tuition Fees
-100% Inheritance taxes
-Decreased taxes for the Rich
-More outrageous controls given to the Police so officially we will be living in Police States
-New Viruses to infect us so that the Pharmaceutical Companies can profit big
-The Elite taking a First Class Vacation to Hawaii while we all suffer

Or everyone just goes nuts and protest in HUGE numbers and we welcome anarchy (although very unlikely!)
edit on 7-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

ECB governors held emergency talks overnight to decide how to tackle the continent's debt crisis before the major financial markets open for trading tonight.

What are they going to do besides print more money?

That is the only thing they seem capable of. The best thing the ECB can do is to let the weak eurozone countries default, the bankers want like it, but it is a much better solution than inflation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It may sound odd but since both Bush and Obama signed the pledge/treaty with the G20, I think this fiasco was planned in advance for reasons I wont say.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Would you rather have them not discussing things? There's alot going on in the world and for the life of me I don't see why you think communication is a bad thing.

The G20 has always been part of a shadow government working behind the scenes. They only came out of the closet in 2008. It may be treasonous for the US and Europe to hold secret meetings. I need to check that out again.

Yes someone needs to fix this but Gordon Brown, Bush and many others are only out to get a One World Government. I do not think that is a good thing. With one global electronic currency.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

This Global Economic crisis was engineered. Heck, there are many "conspiracy" books out there for anyone to check and see the whats really going. Probably the Protocols of the Elders of Zion best explains all of this extremely accurately but apparently its fraudulent and anti-semitic.

link   

These countries have not been paying there fair share for the war on terror. So they create a bail out take your money then they say you will have to cut all those social programs you have grown used to communist. And the world spins round and round until it all happens again. Hopefully some one will just come out and say we can't afford the wars any more or we wont have anything left at home to fight for.

link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

It's hard not to panic over this. The stocks over seas just dumped 6% today. Tomorrow morning we will see what the DOW will do. They dont expect it to be good and main street is, as much affected as Wall st. Here 6% in a single day would be about an 800 point drop, approx.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is all part of the plan. Im sure theyre discussing the one world reserve currency. The wheels are starting to move faster.

China blasts Us spending

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think they may be talking about which underground bunker may be the safest one to be in before marshall law starts you know. THE RATS ALWAYS LEAVE THE SHIP TO SINK.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

This Global Economic crisis was engineered. Heck, there are many "conspiracy" books out there for anyone to check and see the whats really going. Probably the Protocols of the Elders of Zion best explains all of this extremely accurately but apparently its a fraudulent anti-semitic.

I believe you. The problem is that this could occur at a rapid speed. Let's just hope there isnt another electronic run on the banks, selling off our treasuries and martial law enacted to keep the peace. Just simply reading the news today tells what will happen by tomorrow morning on Wall St. It's hard to keep a level head since we dont fully understand the consequences of a credit downgrade.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

What are they going to do besides print more money?

That is the only thing they seem capable of. The best thing the ECB can do is to let the weak eurozone countries default, the bankers want like it, but it is a much better solution than inflation.

that's the wonderful thing about computers.

the financial merlins will agree on how much more money they need, their secretaries will type the number followed by many zeros.
push enter, and more trillions in electronic currency.

and they'll say the market did better than expected.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

These countries have not been paying there fair share for the war on terror. So they create a bail out take your money then they say you will have to cut all those social programs you have grown used to communist. And the world spins round and round until it all happens again. Hopefully some one will just come out and say we can't afford the wars any more or we wont have anything left at home to fight for.

Yes, and I also think Arab Countries owe us a lot of oil for doing their dirty work. They invited us there. We spend our cash to help with nothing in return.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
This is all part of the plan. Im sure theyre discussing the one world reserve currency. The wheels are starting to move faster.

China blasts Us spending

I read something similar to this a few minutes ago about how China says the US will not be the global currency, according to their rating agency. Tomorrow will sure be interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
should we have all of the gov't and bank officials arrested for fraud and racketeering? not to mention embezzlement of public funds...let's not forget to to tack on money laundering charges, as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Wow, at it again today are they?

Bankstas gonna scheme, thats for sure.

They did yesterday, the whole lot of em....

the G7 had a conference call...

news.ph.msn.com...

along with the ECB holding a seperate call...
www.reuters.com...

And likewise G20 deputies
www.reuters.com...

I cant wait for tomorrow.

edit on 7-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join