It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Officer LITERATELY Beats The Shoes Off A Man With Her Baton

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You can plainly hear him say "ok! ok! stop!" as she continues to whack him over and over.I would be trying to get out of there too. If bystanders would start stepping in in instances like this there would be a lot less of it going on. Especially if they used the same tactics the police use.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

Police action is the cause of citizen hate towards the uniform.

I would say it is more of a citizen's misunderstanding combined with shoddy camera work that cause most of the hate towards the uniform.

Misunderstanding as in not understanding the situation that the officers are put in. Not understanding the police department's policy on use of force. Not understanding that in some situations no matter how much the police try to steer the situation the other way, a suspect is just going to fight no matter what.

Shoddy camera work as in not turning the video camera on until the police are winning. Not showing the entire event and only showing the part where the police are using force. Not posting video of officers doing good things and encounters that end peacefully and only posting videos with violence in them so they will get more hits.

Are you telling me that none of this happens? Are you telling me that every citizen has a full understanding of the how and why that is behind a use of force incident?

Are you telling me that every video of police goes straight to the internet? No. Only the violent ones that can be fitted with a title of POLICE BRUTALITY go straight to the internet. Believe it or not, a few boring videos that show the police either speaking with someone and letting them go or arresting them without incident have made it to the internet. This is what the majority of police do on a day to day basis.

Their actions fool!

Really? Their actions towards you or their actions that you have seen on the internet?

The government sings your praises, the media screams your praises...

Actually, the government only sings the praises of the police department when it is beneficial to them. Meaning the police department did a good job and crime is down or it is an election year and they want to give the appearance of being "tough on crime."

You are wrong about the second part as well. Search the news and look at how many negative articles are about the police. There are many more negative than positive. Would you like to know why? Because negative stories about the police sell. The media is not going to write an article with the headline of, "POLICE TAKE MAN INTO CUSTODY ON WARRANT PEACEFULLY," or, "POLICE STOP MAN, SPEAK WITH HIM AND LET HIM GO WITHOUT INCIDENT." No! No one is going to care about that. News outlets eat up negative police stories because it entertains and gives the appearance they are exposing something.

The average citizen IN THEIR EYES gets treated like the most hardened of criminals... ON THE STREET before they even get to court.

Many citizens will have absolutely no contact with the police whatsoever. Most will only have contact with the police during a traffic stop or something. The minority (meaning smaller number) or citizens will have more contact with the police.

If you consider getting stopped by the police and written a ticket or questioned and identified being treated like a hardened criminal you are incorrect. In fact, most hardened criminals know if they are stopped by the police and they remain calm and collected they will be released if the police do not have enough evidence on them to arrest them.

But you can't understand where I'm coming from on this can you? The rules say you can use force so its plain to you isn't? Just a go-hard-retard for the force, can't think for yourself eh?

I would understand where you were coming from if you were mouthing off at a case of clear cut police brutality. I would understand that you are venting your frustrations with the police. But you are mouthing off at a case of completely justified use of force by the police.

And you know what... No I didn't go the police academy, I worked my ass off in school for 12 damn years. You spend what? 3 weeks at "cop camp" after getting a C+ average in high school. Get real buddy.

-You are assuming I am a police officer just because I disagree with you. Not everyone that can see the police were justified and know a little something are police. They just disagree with you.

-Most police academies are 6 months not three weeks.

And all of that schooling for 12 years taught you nothing about police work or the law apparently. If you were any sort of criminal law attorney you would have an understanding of how this stuff works and exactly when a police officer is justified to use force and why. You do not.

I am going to make an assumption now. I am going to assume you are a contract attorney, ambulance chaser peronal injury attorney or some sort of tax attorney. I am going to assume you identified yourself as an attorney in an attempt to fabricate some sort of insider knowledge with the audience we have here. I am going to assume that you know nothing about police policy and criminal law. I am going to assume that you have no credibility when it comes to this subject.

When the members of ATS have a question about their income taxes or a sore neck after an accident, they will come to you. Until then take your useless 12 years of schooling somewhere else.
edit on 8-8-2011 by areyouserious2010 because: edit

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why didn't the woman cop use her two free hands to cuff the suspect while her partner had him tackled and his legs wrapped up? Or use pepper spray?

I mean yea the guy should have stopped resisting. But really 2 cops vs. one half drunken(appears to be) skinny dude with his pants falling down , she should show more disciple than resorting to clubbing him down with 30+, weak, poorly placed..., baton shots.

Use your pepper spray, spray it right in his eyes, and watch him stop resisting real quick.

Really a poor display of Police work, poor choice of weapon and bad tactics,imo.

But then again I don't have all the facts, just what I saw from watching the video.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Its not about what he did before the camera started rolling. It's about whats right and whats wrong. Everybody wants to say "maybe he deserved it" but what if he didn't? Now that we are on that topic WHO deserves it?

Get "deserved it" out of your head. "Deserved" would be a judgement for this situation if the police were beating him as punishment for whatever crime he is alleged to have committed.

The police do not use force as punishment. They use force to meet force and overcome resistance to arrest.

If he was accused of something heinous but was actually innocent would he still "deserve" it? This is a slippery slope that leads straight to hell. You play on the edge all you want, i'll stay far from it

No. The police are never justified to use force in this manner. They do not judge guilty or innocent. If the police started beating him for what he did then that is police brutailty.

That is not the case in this incident.
edit on 8-8-2011 by areyouserious2010 because: edit

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

Again, this is not a clear cut case of police brutality. This is a case where the man was actively resisting arrest and the police were using force to overcome that resistance and arrest the guy.

So are you really arguing that the police should not use force ever?

I dont think that is going to work very well.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Resist arrest = take a beating.
That is all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i carry around the same telescoping baton with me everywhere. where i live, they aren't considered a weapon under the concealed weapon laws.

i can't believe people stand by and let this happen. i wouldn't. i don't know what he did, but really? just beating him while he's restrained...

It has become extremely annoying listening to these people playing Batman who continue to claim: "I wouldn't let this happen to me." or "That cop would be going to a hospital if he tried to pull that s*it on me." or "I'd beat the living crap outta the pig..." etc.

YOU WOULD DO NO SUCH THING!

The American people have neither the intestinal fortitude, the mental or emotional ability nor the moral aptitude or courage to implement "blowback" or resistance to ANY TYRANNY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER!

I SINCERELY BELIEVE that if the American people were told by the Federal government that Federal Agents were making sweeps from city to city and town to town and would rape all girls and women over the age of 7, would shoot and kill all firstborn males children regardless of age, would sodomize all other males and then rob and plunder all household valuables, then demand a politely worded "Thank you sir, may I have another?"...I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT ONE WOULD SEE ABSOLUTELY NO RESISTANCE FROM AMERICANS WHATSOEVER!

A lot of blogs crying the old standard of "Yeah...we're not going to take this crap...time to fight back for our freedoms..." etc...etc.. Yes, we'd see a lot of that...

But the idea that Americans would ever TRULY take a viable stand against their owners...NEVER !!!

YES...THIS IS AN EXTREMELY RELEVANT RANT IN CAPS !!

THE TIME ATTEMPTING TO REACH WITH REASON AND BY MEANS OF THOSE ELOQUENT ELOCUTIONISTS HAS NOW FADED INTO THE SUBTLE LONGINGS OF THE PAST.

AMERICANS ARE STRIKINGLY DEAF AS WELL AS DUMB...THEY ARE FREAKING MUTE, UNLETTERED, ILLITERATE AND INSUFFERABLY STUPID BEYOND ALL MORAL AND INTELLIGIBLE COMPREHENSION !!!

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TILL YOU AMERICANS MAKE IT STOP !!!

WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU SUPERIOR NEWTONIANS UNDERSTAND ???

THE TIME FOR MASS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE ATTENDED BY ALL AMERICANS OF GOOD CONSCIENCE AND NOBLE BLOOD ON A NATIONAL SCALE HAS ARRIVED !!!

GANDHI, ONE OF THE GREATEST HUMAN BEINGS TO EVER GRACE OUR PLANET. FREED AN ENTIRE NATION FROM THE BONDS OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT AND INSPIRED OVER 300 MILLION PEOPLE TO TAKE THE BLOWS THAT RESULTED IN THEIR EVENTUAL FREEDOM !!!

ARE WE AMERICANS OF ANY LESS HONORABLE BLOOD AND NOBLE STOCK AS THESE?

YA GRUMBLING, MUMBLING, STUTTERING, MARBLE MOUTH, DROOLING, STAMMERING DOPES !!!!

I POSTED THIS EARLIER THREADS BUT NOBODY LEARNS ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTINUAL REPETITION AND I'LL POST IT AGAIN UNTIL SOMEONE WITH AN IQ JUST ABOVE PLANT LIFE FINALLY GETS IT !!!

AMERICANS ARE GETTING EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR AND THUS DESERVE...AND THEY CAN"T SEE IT !!!!

YOU SIT AROUND ALL DAY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BUT NOT A ONE OF YOU HAS THE STONES TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!!!!

YOU'RE ALL NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF PINKY FINGER TAPPING, BLOG POSTING, BS WANNABE HEROES WITH NOT A OUNCE OF HONOR OR A DROP OF GUTLESS BLOOD IN YOUR VEINS !!!

WHEN IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO ACTUALLY LEARN FROM HISTORY?

TAKE A FEW TRUE HISTORY LESSONS...THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR FOR AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE, THE CIVIL WAR, THE FRENCH REVOLUTION...THAT'S WHAT THESE GUYS WERE FIGHTING FOR...AGAINST POLICE AND GOVERNMENT BRUTALITY !!!

AT LEAST THEY HAD THE HONOR AND GUTS TO STAND (AND DIE IF NEED BE) AGAINST SUCH BRUTALITY !!!

NOT LIKE THE REST OF YOU WIMPS !!!

SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS SO BADLY !!!

QUIT YER BITCHIN' AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YA HALF A SISSIES !!!!!!

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT THE OLD WARS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TODAY'S POLITICAL CLIMATE THEN I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN AND LEARN THE REAL HISTORY BEHIND THE CONFLICTS !!! AND NOT THE LIES AND BS THAT SO MANY OF THE ILL INFORMED WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE !!!

THE EXACT SAME THING WAS HAPPENING TO THE CONFEDERATE STATES THAT IS HAPPENING TO ALL AMERICANS NOW, NORTH, SOUTH, EAST & WEST...TODAY !!!

NOW THAT IT'S HAPPENING TO YOU HOW DO YOU LIKE IT ???

HOW DOES IT FEEL ???

NOW YOU KNOW HOW THEY FELT AND WHAT THEY FOUGHT FOR !!!

YA BUNCH A GARBLING, BLUSTERING, LIP LICKING, MEALY MOUTH, DODDERING, STAMMERING, KNUCKLE-DRAGGING, MEAT EATING, NEANDERTHAL, DWEEB-NUT, DOLTS !!!!

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU IMPOTENT, GUTLESS FOLKS FROM OTHER STATES BUT I URGE ALL TEXANS OF NOBLE STOCK AND HONORABLE BLOOD TO UNITE !!!

LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE TRUTHFUL VIDEO LINKS BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

QUIT BLOGGING AND DO SOMETHING !!!

FOR GODS SAKE SHOW SOME F***ING PRIDE !!!

SHOW SOME F***ING GUTS !!!

HAVE SOME F***ING COURAGE !!!

AND THIS IS THE FACE AND VOICE OF THE GLOBAL ENEMY WE'RE ALL FACING !!!

IF THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUTLESS COWARDS THEN PERHAPS THE LATE MR. CARLIN CAN SET YOU STRAIGHT...IF IT COMES FROM ME YOU WON'T LISTEN...BUT IF IT COMES FROM HIM ("Hey Clem, he was famous, let's listen!") PERHAPS YOU WILL !!!

WELL IF THAT DIDN'T REACH YOU THEN PERHAPS MR. BEALE CAN REACH DOWN AND IGNITE SOMETHING WAY DOWN IN THAT SICK, APATHETIC, SLOTH OF A THING YOU CALL A SOUL !!!

NOW DARE TO LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE ANTHEM BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

DO NOT GIVE INTO SLAVERY !!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon Aug 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

This female cop seems like she is in over her head.If she cant stop this man with the first strike i fear for her safety.Im not saying that this is justified or not only that she really cant save anyone with a swing like that.My gut tells me that this is wrong because if this guy was so bad he would have taken the gun from one of them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Any resident cops care to comment on the incompetence of this officer? I mean if your goal is to restrain someone then isn't what she is doing pretty much worthless? Not to mention potentially deadly. Restraining someone is about controlling the suspects limbs. Baton as a leverage and hit in joints is what I would think they're trained to do.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Im failing to realise if this is funny, or bad. Its just so contradicting... Yeah its funny...
Oh, and you cant even see whats happening before the beating. so you cant assume he was unarmed...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Yeah, I noticed that too...it looked to me like the guy was more annoyed by her strikes.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sorry...double post.
edit on 8-8-2011 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
FINISH HIM!

In all seriousness though, whether I deserved it or not, I would fight back against being beat down by anyone, police included.

If you're willing to lie down and take that, then you've really been mentally conditioned to take anything and deserve it.

Personally, I would be defending myself, even to the point of wrestling away that baton and throwing it before they have a chance to shoot me and claim self-defense, even if I'm clearly trying to defend myself from being brutalized.

Funny how that works though, isn't it? Their "thin blue line" BS would have you believe that they killed you in self defense but when you try to defend yourself? How does one defend their self from the police?

Are we really expected to comply with officers when we're being whacked with a club?

I'm sorry, but I'll die on my feet, and not at the feet of some self-righteous pig.

Police beware, screw with the wrong people and you will pay for it. I will take everything away from you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Did you really feel it necessary to post this again? Never mind, I answered my own question. While I agree, double post!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

blah blah blah cue long contrived post. Nice avatar you have there bud. Makes me proud to be American.

Don't worry though, I accept you in all your redneck-edness, just like I do with every other ignorant minority left in this country. Hell, I even appreciate you. Without outspoken (albiet clueless and loud) people like yourself, we'd likely be living in something akin to communist China. So take a bow, sir. You in all your ignorance are what makes my country great.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
He should've listened

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I noticed they conveniently left out the beginning of the video.
Notice how when the video started the male copper was on the ground? He could of been attacked by that guy for all we know.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The title of this thread LITERALLY made me laugh out loud.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This video shows more that women shouldn't be cops more than an argument for police brutality. Honestly, with two males the dude would have been subdued. She did not have the strength or balls for that matter to jump in and help, so she resorted to beating him with her baton.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join