It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Officer LITERATELY Beats The Shoes Off A Man With Her Baton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

So what happened before the video started? Trying to make judgments either way without having the entire story is not the correct next step. But, of course as shown in the San Francisco shooting incident, certain individuals will do just that simply out of personal prejudices and not from facts.

It dont matter, your innocent until proven guilty and cops do not have the right to chose sentences for criminals. So their is no justifications. A cop was holding him down while she beat his face in. You think thats right? If i was that man, I would have ended up with the death sentence. I would have sweepted her feet and beat her face into the pavement.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Why didn't he just stay on the ground? If he did that he would of have avoided more beating from the baton...
I don't know what happened for this to of have gone on in the first place, so I will reserve further comment.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

only if i were not on the ground and i was resisting, yes i would expect to be taken down if i refused.

something to note too which may give a clue to the o.p. video, when it starts the guy(the one being hit) is standing over a cop who is laid out on the floor, bit of a strange scenerio for a cop to be in unless the cop had been taken down/attacked.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

"We" don't know if the guy had a weapon? Greetings Officer.

'We' as in ATS members, those in this thread. I am not a cop.

So why aren't civilians allowed to jump to said conclusions? If i shoot someone who has a knife i will be arrested but yet police can beat unarmed people because they "might" have a weapon

If you shoot someone who was attacking you with a knife, you will generally NOT be arrested unless the gun is somehow illegal or the place you were carrying was off limits. That also was no my point, my point was that those of us viewing a fraction of the whole event don't really know what happened.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Internet tough guy much? You are the reason cops have reason to worry.

Also innocent until proven guilty and the use of force continuum are two very different things.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If someone attacks you with a knife and you shoot them it is NOT considered self defence and you WILL be charged.

If a police officer THINKS you have a knife and kills you they will NOT be charged.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
These are sad days indeed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44d5ee180df4.jpg[/atsimg]

What did THESE guys do before this picture was taken to deserve this

edit on 8/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: What did THESE guys do before this picture was taken to deserve this

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

I'm going to go ahead and call you out. What is SOP for a person violently resisting arrest? At least in your old stomping grounds as thy change slightly from place to place.

Situations like these are not EVER entirely controllable. Two cops losing control of someone (and we have NO idea why he was wanted) can happen when the suspect is stronger/on drugs etc. At that point for officer safety and safety of the public they can ramp up the use of force.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Interesting.

I posted this same video yesterday here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Almost everyone in that thread agreed it was justified.

I see a lot of support for the man getting beat in this thread.

Perhaps it is how i worded my OP or something

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Where do you see him being violent? I see a man trying to dodge an ass whooping. Why do you keep insisting he was or might be on drugs

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

that is a different case, and has nothing to do with the o.p. video, but i agree there are some instances where it is totally uncalled for, but the o.p. video shows a guy who is resisting arrest and winning when the video first starts putting the male officer in a vunerable postion, the female cop reacted to try and regain control. admittedly at the end she went a bit to far.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"Resisting" arrest or not, if it were you or someone you knew and loved would you accept this type of treatment or not? That is the question

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Why didn't he just stay on the ground? Maybe because some of us are getting sick and tired of having to Sit! Stay! and Obey! just like a bunch of dogs...

I can't speak for him but I can speak for myself had I been in that situation. I'd have been fighting for my life, meaning theirs were at risk because I would have been trying to stop the attack by causing complete incapacitation of my attackers.

A badge doesn't grant protection from self defense. Neither does it allow unlawful assaults on citizens.

-Lightrule
edit on 7-8-2011 by Lightrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

if i were told to get on the ground so they could cuff me and i fought back yes i would expect it. it is not a wrestling match with a referee, they suspect me of a crime and my innocence would be proven once i was taken into police custody. but regardless the cops are not going to play around i would be cuffed one way or another, may as well just co-operate and not give them a reason to hit, then if they did hit i would have a case.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I did not notice the officer on the ground at the beginning of the video. Very interesting indeed. But as many have pointed out in this thread, "who knows what happened before the video started" he could have tripped or been knocked to the ground by his baton wielding comrade.

My question is this, "Are police allowed to BEAT you (yes YOU) into submission?? If they can do it to him they can legally do it to you....... maybe even for dancing at a monument

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

if i were told to get on the ground so they could cuff me and i fought back yes i would expect it. it is not a wrestling match with a referee, they suspect me of a crime and my innocence would be proven once i was taken into police custody. but regardless the cops are not going to play around i would be cuffed one way or another, may as well just co-operate and not give them a reason to hit, then if they did hit i would have a case.

A narcissist would LOVE to have you as a lackey

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by jude11
This is what happens when you put weapons in the hands of a person that has anger management issues as well as a superiority complex. Then pin a badge that says you are above the law.

I am waiting for the day when these sick and twisted individuals get their payback.

Not too long now.

Well like RaymaN said, there isn't really enough to go on without more info.

Deebo

WHat about the "info" that you do have? i.e. the video!! The man is clearly unarmed and on the ground being punched and beaten with a baton. Would you try to protect yourself/escape from that situation

I do see your point and I should watch the video again. But it is hard to tell sometimes. But ole Rodney was unamred and had 3+ tasers in him and still kept getting up, what are ya gona do when dealing with someone superhuman besides shooting them. Maybe it was excessive, but again I would still like to know more of the circumstances regarding this incident before making a definitive conclusion. What did he do, was he on drugs, etc.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yes, legally police can use baton strikes in what is called pain compliance. If you are resisting arrest, they are allowed to strike until you are under control, handcuffed or not.

If a member of my family resisted arrest, I would not be upset with police if they followed procedure.

If a member of your family was killed by a man because police were unable to restrain him with rainbows and kind words how would that make you feel?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by lifeform11

A narcissist would LOVE to have you as a lackey

He does have a point, the cops responding probably know just as much as we do about this video. Things get sorted out afterwards. The second an Leo lets their guard down is when they get killed. If we had more facts as to what led up to the original incident, then it would be easier to make a conclusion as to who was right or wrong.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

looks to me like he was struggling to get away and resisting arrest.
The funny part was when the squad car almost runs all three of them over

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join