It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Officer LITERATELY Beats The Shoes Off A Man With Her Baton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
How is this even legal? I thought you couldn't attack someone with a weapon if they didn't have a weapon. Is it proper protocol to beat someone into submission? I admit it appears as if this man is resisting arrest (or maybe he could be trying to dodge the beating), but is this use of force justified?

Your thoughts ATS

##SNIP##

edit on 8/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: second video

edit on 8/7/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: fixed second video

edit on Mon Aug 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: OFF TOPIC VIDEO REMOVED FROM POST

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They must be putting steroids in the coffee machine at the police stations these days. This is getting scary.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That's just funny. He should pick his vagina up off the ground grab a tissue out of his purse and dry his little tears.

Sickening excuse of a man.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

So what happened before the video started? Trying to make judgments either way without having the entire story is not the correct next step. But, of course as shown in the San Francisco shooting incident, certain individuals will do just that simply out of personal prejudices and not from facts.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
cant see what happened right before the arse whooppin took place, we dont know if he is all hyped up on crack, and tried to attack her first, cant say much about the situation other than DANG! He got got the shoes beat offa him. LOL I did see her hit him in a few illegal spots, and she should have changed tactics when the other officer was holding him, she could have hit her partner, thats letting emotions run the game. Someone should tell her its a baton, not a friggin baseball bat
(re-train)

link   
reply to post by kro32

What do you think of what the officers are doing

link   
LOL the sounds added at the end were funny. Kinda hard to tell but the guy was resisting, and still getting up with a male locked on him. I will bash cops when its justified but if a guy wont go down, what are ya gona do. Do we know what he did in the first place? I wonder how old the video is, she was using the old style wooden batons, most cops have the expandable ones, if that is the case, then they probably didn't have tazers issued too all officers like they do now.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There's not enough to go on to justify his escape or the beating.

Looks like its one of those "up in the air" things until there's more info about it.

If he was innocent why not give up?

But at the same time maybe he already tried to give up before the filming started and he feared for his life.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is what happens when you put weapons in the hands of a person that has anger management issues as well as a superiority or maybe an inferiority complex. Then pin a badge on their chest that says you are above the law. Give them weapons and say "Go get 'em!"

I am waiting for the day when these sick and twisted individuals get their payback.

Not too long now.

edit on 7-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The fact that we don't know what happened to cause this means we don't know if it's "deserved" or not, but WOW
is this justified either way

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This is what happens when you put weapons in the hands of a person that has anger management issues as well as a superiority complex. Then pin a badge that says you are above the law.

I am waiting for the day when these sick and twisted individuals get their payback.

Not too long now.

Well like RaymaN said, there isn't really enough to go on without more info.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i do not think it is as bad as some of the other stuff around. o.k. there are some uncalled for blows once he is on the ground.

but the others are because he is not co-operating and getting on the ground, he keeps getting back up and then wondering why he got another blow. if he had just got on the ground and stopped resisting then he proberbly would of been o.k. that does not excuse the four or five extra blows when he was down though.

also like others have pointed out the what happened before bit is important to beable to asses it properly.
edit on 7-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: spellings

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
That's just funny. He should pick his vagina up off the ground grab a tissue out of his purse and dry his little tears.

Sickening excuse of a man.

Sadist much?

Pretty harsh judgement with so little to go on don't you think?

link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by jude11
This is what happens when you put weapons in the hands of a person that has anger management issues as well as a superiority complex. Then pin a badge that says you are above the law.

Not too long now.

Well like RaymaN said, there isn't really enough to go on without more info.

Deebo

WHat about the "info" that you do have? i.e. the video!! The man is clearly unarmed and on the ground being punched and beaten with a baton. Would you try to protect yourself/escape from that situation

link   
i carry around the same telescoping baton with me everywhere. where i live, they aren't considered a weapon under the concealed weapon laws.

i can't believe people stand by and let this happen. i wouldn't. i don't know what he did, but really? just beating him while he's restrained...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It is proper protocol. Pain compliance. This is why I am a supporter of tazers as long as they are used appropriately on he force continuum. We don't know if the guy had a weapon etc. Looks brutal, can be a brutal business. We should not jump to conclusions either way. Perhaps the man had just killed someone or perhaps the cops were stepping up the force with no need. Whole video with backstory and then opinion.

As for 'unneeded blows' when he was on the ground... he was still resisting and not under control.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
i do not think it is as bad as some of the other stuff around. o.k. there are some uncalled for blows once he is on the ground.

but the others are because he is not co-operating and getting on the ground, he keeps getting back up and then wondering why he got another blow. if he had just got on the ground and stopped resisting then he proberbly would of been o.k. that does not excuse the four or five extra blows when he was down though.

also like others have pointed out the what happened before bit is important to beable to asses it properly.
edit on 7-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: spellings

So you believe this is proper protocol? If you ever "resisted" arrest would you understand if this happened to you

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

It is proper protocol. Pain compliance. This is why I am a supporter of tazers as long as they are used appropriately on he force continuum. We don't know if the guy had a weapon etc.

"We" don't know if the guy had a weapon? Greetings Officer.

Looks brutal, can be a brutal business. We should not jump to conclusions either way. Perhaps the man had just killed someone or perhaps the cops were stepping up the force with no need. Whole video with backstory and then opinion.

So why aren't civilians allowed to jump to said conclusions? If i shoot someone who has a knife i will be arrested but yet police can beat unarmed people because they "might" have a weapon

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

How do we know if they were in the middle of a pat down and then he tries to book it?

He could have been trying to leave the scene of something and had been suspected of having weapons on him.

All we have here is the reaction to the actions that happened before filming.

I'm not a huge fan of the police but they gotta do what they gotta do sometimes.

If there was a report attached to the vid this wouldnt be a big deal most likely

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is what the good old quick, hand on each side of her head, make a sharp twisting motion, neck snapper move is for. This is not an arrest, it is a farce.

I've worked in law enforcement (lawyer) for enough years to know that blame is not 100% for either side. It fluctuates, sometimes the police are in the right, sometimes they are not.

This gong show of an arrest lays at LEAST 50% of the blame onto those police officers, they failed to use their training. Nobody can deny that, because the police academy does not teach gang-beatings for any situation. Even if the man was ramped up on a drug cocktail the SOP is not a beat down. I know for a fact a beat down is a lazy pig's cop out.

Decorated honest cops have told me so;
"If an arrest gets to a point where it's a slug fest or all out brawl we have failed in our duty and training."

Add that to the fact its two on one, I'd definitely say the police hold some blame here.

-Lightrule

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join