It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A candid judgment of American Culture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Arkaleus,

Perhaps I did misunderstand you, and if I took your words wrong I apologize, but reading your posts, one can easily come to the conclusion you wish malice or death on anybody you consider impure. Like I have stated before, I too am opposed to our tyranical government as it be, and I don't think any issues of morality or immorality should be forced upon anybody. A few basic principles SHOULD be followed by all, such as not killing, stealing, hurting children in any way, basically just respecting other people, etc. Anything else should be a matter of personal choice, and is not the reason our society is decaying. Society is decaying because there is no UNITY, and there is NO respect for people who believe differently than other people. So in effect, if you condemn somebody because they may have different "morals", then you are part of the "rot" of society. People need to be united against those who do oppress us, their oppression is succesful only because they keep us divided. If we can put aside religious, racial, and just about all other dividing factors, we can focus on the true problem and make America what it was meant to be a land of FREEDOM.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
O.K. let me try this again.
Does MTV show 19 year old girls in highly suggestive outfits dancing in a sexy way to sexually explicit lyrics? Yes.
Is that American culture? No while it may well be one small part of it it is not the whole. I don't watch MTV therefore it is not a part of Culture as far as I am concerned.
Are drugs a part of American culture? Is promiscuity? To some people yes. But the whole is greater than any of, or even the sum of, its parts.
Does the media attempt to tell us what is fashionable and trendy? Of course they do. Does everyone listen? No. In fact the majority of people don't even listen. You see American culture is NOT defined by what we are shown but by what we DO. If you spend all day watching "reality TV" MTV and E then that is the culture you choose to live in. I don't. I dont watch survivor, or Trump, and in fact neither do a majority of Americans. There are at least 260,000,000 people in america and any T.V. show is lucky to have an audience of 20,000,000 If ten percent of our country is hooked on jerry springer and Paris Hilton does that mean the country as a whole is?
Arkaleus whether you know it or not you have been fooled by the media into buying thier lies, you beleve that what they show you is American culture, and that is exactly what they want. The media doesn't care whether you like what they show you, as long as you watch. Me, I just don't watch.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Arkaleus,

You are absolutely correct and you are wise beyond your years. Don't listen to the naysayers and apologists for every perversion. Traditional values became traditional because they work and history tells us that enduring cultures adhere to these values.

Those that do not perish. We are nearing the end of or civilization and I would not be surprised if the current war with Islamic terror and the raging culture war combined bring us to our knees in less than a generation. Most refuse to believe the downward spiral I have seen in my short 55 years.

Never stop sharing your convictions with others. If enough of us share our sincere convictions without malice and without self-aggrandizement, there is a chance we may be heard in time to turn things around.

Mass media is a cultural juggernaut, but it is not the only influence.

[edit on 04/8/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
But the whole is greater than any of, or even the sum of, its parts.

There in lies the problem. More and more people are buying into it. It is a culture of promiscuety (as you said), personal irresponcibility, and the idea that hard work/school/working within the system is not needed to succeed and be happy (which is the exception, not the rule).

What's the result? Higher divorce rate. Sexual diviency (which stems the homosexual marriage topic, which 20 years ago would have been dismissed with a hearty laugh).

Etc. Like I said, don't watch all you want, but more and more people are.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
mwm, Grady, and KJ
we usually agreee on most things in various threads, but i need to comment on a few of your things....

MWM says,

Is that American culture? No while it may well be one small part of it it is not the whole. I don't watch MTV therefore it is not a part of Culture as far as I am concerned.

Because you dont watch MTV does NOT make it not part of American culture....this would seem to be a false idea....if i dont see it/acknowledge it, then it doesnt exist.
I get it tho, that for YOU it is not part of your slice of America, but
Things like this example are percieved by others as part of our culture, indeed mtv IS....the world sees mtv, but not your backyard bbq with family.....perceptions can become reality.

MWM again,

The media doesn't care whether you like what they show you, as long as you watch. Me, I just don't watch.

From someone in the media for +10 yrs, the media DOES care very much that you are watching (their network shows)..you have to like what you see to watch....it doesnt care WHAT your watching tho, as long as it generates $$$. by not watching, you give up your "vote" to others that watch crap shows...while i work in the media, ill leave history channel, learning channel, wings channel or other such programming on before id watch a soap opera, game show or other pablum....
If you want a bigger "say" in programming...try to become a Nielson rater....then your viewing habits will be expressed in the research that networks do when deciding what shown the masses will watch.
PS you miss alot by not watching survivor...it is a great look at how people cope/think in tough situations, and how with no "rules" they choose to "govern" their tribe so to speak...its more than toughing it out in the wilderness...the politicing and the psyco/socio insight into avg peoples minds is great TV.

Grady,

Those that do not perish. We are nearing the end of or civilization and I would not be surprised if the current war with Islamic terror and the raging culture war combined bring us to our knees in less than a generation. Most refuse to believe the downward spiral I have seen in my short 55 years.

i disagree that things will be as bad or as soon as you think...im not disputing some type of "social degredation" has occured, but dont think were bad off enough to be on the brink...just look at ARK, a person from a younger generation that were generally sympathizing with and encouraging to continue to believe in the hope for mankind, and the "good" things in life. I must live with continued hope that while things might get tough, mankind has made it this far, hopefully we'll find a way.

KJ,

It is a culture of promiscuety (as you said), personal irresponcibility, and the idea that hard work/school/working within the system is not needed to succeed and be happy (which is the exception, not the rule).

Your list accurate impressions of PARTS of Americanna, but again while these things seem more prevalent, they indeed are not the sum of what is America, and to limit the USA by only perpetuating these ideas is the same trap were trying to help ARK see past...there is much more to America...pages more...some good, some not so...some bad.

Keep hope alive!
(J.Jackson)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Your list accurate impressions of PARTS of Americanna, but again while these things seem more prevalent, they indeed are not the sum of what is America, and to limit the USA by only perpetuating these ideas is the same trap were trying to help ARK see past...there is much more to America...pages more...some good, some not so...some bad.

Understood, no one can accuratly articulate "America" or "Culture". The point I am making, is that this culture is a rising fashion. It's not just in the news or the shows, but in the presentation. What's more important, is what is absent.

While this undercurrent has exsisted in the background of our social structure, it has found new light, and has even begun replacing the norm. The good things only keep the decay from growing too fast, but in the end all empires have a termination date. When the base is too corrupt to sustain the weight of our nation, it will fall.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus

I have looked at and weighed every aspect of my generation. My people do not resemble their own ancestors anymore. Their entertainments are nothing but vice.

So generation X or Y? I just turned 30 this year myself and am in the so-called Gen-X.

If you're Gen-Y, actually you do resemble your previous generation, X, quite a bit. The only difference is that there's more Ritalin, shorter attention spans, and an astounding innate ability with computers. As far as entertainment, legendary entertainment such as Shakespeare only comes along perhaps once a millenia. Cinema, television, and Internet entertainment is merely the technologically-assisted act of storytelling on a global scale. People have an innnate ability to connect with music and popular melodies are as old as the diatonic scale, which was used on Cro-Magnon flutes. People like Bach only come once per millenia. Most of the day-to-day stuff is ephemera, intriguing only for a short while and forgotten as quickly as it comes.

Every concept of virture that once flourished among the people has vanished. Let me repeat that. We have fled away from our own understanding of good and evil, and replaced it with the very devil.

While there are recorded instances of so-called social de-evolution - the fall of Rome for example - humans have been working on a remarkable path of enlightenment. Simply compare the levels of literacy, personal wealth and health, and the de-emphasis of class structure of people today compared to that of he people living, say, feudal Europe. Overall, people are far more virtuous than they once were thanks to the development of economics, banking, education, and medicine.

Look at the entertainments of my own generation. TV reflects the values of a vile and corrupted people. Male - female relationships are more like animal affairs than anything civilized, based upon the make-believe world of screenplays and the music industry.

We have fallen a long ways from the traditions of our fathers, and replaced them with the same old vices that plague every corrupted nation since the dawn of civilization. Promiscuity and divorce and personal vice aren't any different than they were in Ancient times, and they destroy nations just the same way.

While the levels of divorce seen these days have no precedent, it's also a sign of the independence of women. In the 'good old days,' the girl was exchanged with a dowry at the earliest age possible. There was no birth control to speak of and children were essential to the income and strength of most families, so they had many, many children. The woman may die in childbirth or perhaps the kids suffer fetal alcohol syndrome because the mother drank due to lack of education and lack of clean water in her city. There was no smallpox vaccination so that could wipe out kids, too. Or perhaps the father gets a little nick on a blade, gets lockjaw and dies. Yes, no tetanus vaccine - kinda sucks huh? The woman is then destitute if she's unlucky. No one hires women to work and in fact it's not legal to own property as a woman. Good luck with those six kids, lady.

Promiscuity - cultures seem to grow generally more debauched as they increase in riches and the religious virtues that assisted the people to gain liberty and wealth are forgotten. You may have a point there. However, promiscuity is not something new but since you are young and each generation thinks it's discovering sex for the first time, you will become more clued into its ubiquity in history.

America isn't founded on nightclubs, drugs, and a culture of promiscuuity. Those things are VICES, not ok things. They have ALWAYS been vices. They have become universally prevalent among the urbans areas, and my ENTIRE generation considers them to be ok. They don't have any other idea presented to them. Girls consider sexual experience to be somehow good, and boys don't understand what virtue is past getting a job and earning money. These are your children, America. There are my brothers and sisters.

Actually, you may want to read about that Founding Father named Thomas Jefferson, and his mistress Sally Hemmings, who was also his slave. Now, the country of course was not founded on their affair, but it's a good example of how the venerated founders of this country were, all too human, even as they helped develop an amazing country. Some of historic Washington, DC's most profitable bordellos were quite close to the Capitol Building.

As far as kids losing their morals, if you look at television and listen to music you could easily say the future looks dim. However those things are entertainment, and good values come more from the home. I've known plenty of Gen-X'ers who, to sum up their morals, 'wait for marriage.' There have always been promiscuous types in each generation. Sex is and most likely will, always be interesting and featured in romance and entertainment.

Our entire value system has been hijacked by the marketplace. Now, it isn't good unless it is rich and virtue consists of buying and selling, earning money and contributing to the wealth of the corporations or the community.

These things aren't new: Ancient cultures had the same understanding of these matters as we. Never before have the two been so confused: Holy men were understood to be holy, and the vices of society were always understood to be vices.

The allure and availability of wealth has never been known in human history like it is today, and while it comes with its trappings I'd say it's wholly a good thing. Economic freedom and capitalism and their benefits are often overshadowed by something called mktg and adv, if you're taking notes in the marketing and advertising class.
The free market would probably explode overnight if marketing and advertising were ever outlawed. While marketing and advertising can sometimes be distasteful, they are no more so than an obnoxious TV show - you can simply turn the channel, flip the ad, or disable _javascripts.
Education goes a long way to changing the influences of the annoying cousin of free markets.

Our media has been entirely taken by a monopoly of forces who share the same agenda, namely the ecapsulation of the American popluation into a virtual reality of their creation, where trivial and useless knowledge is pumped 24/7 into the TVs, radios, and newspapers. Nothing outside of the system is given to us, and nothing of any depth is explored within it. It is merely to placate and influence the minds of the masses.

"Nothing outside the system is given to us."

Even in these days you usually have to dig to find a diamond - like the ATS boards!

The entire concept of education has been hijacked from its original purpose of producing citizens capable of governing a nation and weighing, judging, and determining the direction of the society in which we live. Now it is a mill in which to learn how to become service to industry, drones in a society in which individuals have absolutely no control or say in its workings, and all lessons of religion, virtue, and classical understand has been systematically stripped away.

In the place of any real knowledge or science, the masses remain illiterate as their ancient ancestors in any real sense, they can read letters and write, but have no knoeldge of what came before, or any ability to discern the future. They are drones, because they were prepared to be drones, by other drones, who are not able to make anything but drones.

You're on to something here. Public education falls victim to politicization and in many ways is unchanged from the first public schools. However even the ability to read and write is profound - PROFOUND! The reason being is that it gives the intelligence, inquisitive people the ability to instantly access archived information and history. The ability to think is not taught in most public schools yet it is the primary ability that should be developed.

Can you name the publicly enshrined virtues of the nation? If it doesn't have any, then it is dead. If the people can't tell good from evil, then they are all given over to evil and it won't be long before they fall into ruin.

To sum up, the Bill of Rights is on public display in Washington DC, and it holds virtues. Also on the same building - the National Archives - is the inscription "The Past is Prologue."

It's not like there's never been a great nation on the earth before. There have been several, and they all follow the same rule. Most of them lasted longer than a few hundred years before they fell into ruin. I don't think evil has ever held such a total rule over a nation as large as America before. That perhaps is a new thing. But how much faster will it break down then?

Thoughts? I would love to hear you on this one. Please give me a reason to defend my country.

Arkaleus

I got this off ATS, stated by a Scottish historian when the US was originally rebelling against Britain:

Every great civilization has followed a familiar cycle:

from bondage to great faith / from great faith to courage / from courage to liberty / from liberty to abundance / from abundance to complacency / from complacency to apathy / from apathy back into bondage.

So anyway, there's a lot of things about human civilization that have gotten better, and a lot of things about humans that have stayed the same over the millenia.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
From abundance to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to bondage.

These words are true. Yet there is another factor that has risen up, one that had not risen up before in this most natural cycle: This process is being studied, hurried along, and manipulated by the power elite of the world.

Perhaps that is where the focus should be, upon the power elite, the wealthy, those who are moving the wheels. They don't seem to be any wiser than the illiterate masses they have produced with their system. That's because those currently in power are the third and forth generations of their particular dynasties, and as a general rule the virtues of any dynasty run out after the third generation.

So we have a power structure put in place by men from the middle of the 20'th century, and now their grandchildren have inherited the farm, and look what they are doing with it!

Notions of nationalism have fallen away, and these folks are forming combiinations of power among their own class, with no reguard for international boundaries, politics, or region. That's the nature of the Trilateralists and their dark plans. They have taken the lead in how things are done among the global power elite.

They have designed to nullify the power of any given population by rendering all mankind subject to their dependancy. This is a greater threat to our liberty than any war.

The way I see it, the struggle in the middle east is about this larger global plan. These "radical islamic nations" are not really crazy, they merely oppose the globalization of a value system they se as evil and corrupt. You see guys, we might have more in common with these "Radical Islamics" than you realize.

So I challenge you to break free of the lies that your government and your media have told you, because they have not educated you about these people very well.

If you wanna scare the crap out of the power elites, this is how: Rebel against the power elites in the name of Liberty. Then you will understand what a freedom fighter is, and why these islamic nations are not our real enemies.

Once you get past the silly cultural differences and understand what Islam means, you will understand that these people love liberty, faith, and righteousness. Why then, have we been conditioned to hate them? Stop being the dupes of the powerful. What are we defending? I ask you again, WHAT ARE WE DEFENDING?

I will not fight and die for the market share of corporations, or the globalists dream of universal consumption. I will not serve the forces of darkness ignorantly.

It isn't communism or socialism that I am talking about, it's the real Liberty set forth from the beginning. That's what is at stake here, our crowns and our citizenship. A new kind of bondage to a global power structure that has placed itself above every law and every government, to which the citizen of America has no access. That is a threat to us, guys, and must be confronted directly.

That is the source of all the things that are corrupting us. These are the folks who use technology to influence, control, and manipulate our awareness of the world, and who teach our children vice. These are our enemies, not the poor people of God.

So next time you see the forces of the west invading and fighting, ask yourself, WHY??? What are we defending by doing this?

You see, That little twinge inside of your brain right now as you read this is something called Truth. It's shocking to learn that we were so cruelly lied to and manipulated by our own government, our own people. And worse yet, how our young men are being openly used by the powerful and the elite to kill and destroy for their own personal reasons.

I cannot believe that you haven't seen this yet. Americans, you just can't go invade a country because you feel like it some fine spring day. The president isn't supposed to have that kind of power. Once you realize that, you will see that Bush has done an illegal and greatly immoral thing, violating every tradition of our nation and severing himself from every precedent.

Bush has become an evildoer of the grandest order, and I hope to see him thrown out of office this novermber, and I encourage every patriot to do the same thing. Even if it means Kerry.

The scary thing is, guys, that the cat is out of the bag now. A president has shown that he can do anything he wants. he can make war at whim, kill whomever he likes, and lie his way above any kind of responsibility. Damn this president, for he manipulated us, and killed a great number of people.

You will find that the people Bush has caused our brothers to kill have more in common with us than you have been manipulated to believe. These are faithful men, with the same natures as our own patriots. People, you are being tricked into working for the devil.

Truly, it is the devils work to go and kill without cause. It is the devil's work to go and detroy nations to prepare the way for the globalists and their corrupted dream of universal slavery for all nations. Wake up and see what these vile creatures are doing to the world.

That's what is happening kids, it's not a dream, it's not a prophecy, it is today's news.

Rebel against this monstrosity, and unite your minds in the truth.

Reform your minds and cleanse them of the filthy lies you have eaten. They have conditioned us to be their slaves, and it is time we understood this. Now they compel us to go and destroy their enemies and fight against our own species.

I know that in the begining we all cheered the slaughter, we were ignorant men. Now I must publicly repent of this error, and gain greater wisdom. So great has become the evil of the elities and the rich. It has become so obvious now, that no one of any good conscience can deny it.

Arkaleus

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Basically, the weak serve and the strong rule. Always have, always will.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The march of the human race has been steadily upward and I believe that march will continue, but that doesn't preclude an interruption of that march by a lengthy bivoac or a hasty retreat back to the conditions of a very primitive past.

We should never be complacent about the erosion of our collective values.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Also Arkaleus you can't blame capitalism for people being greedy. People are greedy no matter what economic system they live under. The innate hypocrisy of a system where economic equality is enforced by the state is difficult for a westerner to imagine. People simply don't work at guaranteed jobs, immediately circumvent enforced equality, create social tiers, and become depressed, suicidal, and desperate.

Basically, I think capitalism is here to stay until scarcity of goods and energy no longer exist, which is a development technology may provide at some point. For example on Star Trek, where there are replicators that can produce any material with sufficient energy - and there's sufficient energy thanks to fusion. In that show there is no capitalism because there is no scarcity. No one woke up one day and said "Greed is bad, let's eliminate capitalism." The system was rendered obsolete, instead.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am not against capitalism. I am against evil.
I don't hate money. I hate evil.
I don't hate technology. I hate evil uses of it.
I don't hate industry. I hate the men and women who build monstrosity.
I don't like communism, socialism, or much of anything else that comes from modern philosophy.

My big idea is to get mankind into space so he can spread out a bit.

There are two virtues to this:

One is that it will put mankind in a state of building and colonization again, which is the best for his constitution.

Second: It will make mankind too big to control by a single force or power, at least for a long long time.

That's really what I'm all about anyway. Getting men off the rock. Getting their heads out of the muck and the slime and into the stars. That's the highest virtue I can bring to you, mankind.

I love whatever increases men's virtue, and whatever builds his rocketships.

I hate whatever stands in the way.

Arkaleus

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
All I have to say Ark, is youhave been watching the Matrix a few too may times. And i coulsn't find the quote but you were talking about climbing high trees and that people who live on the ground don't understand you. Anyways that was one of the most ignorant things i have ever read in my life, especially coming from a self professed intellectual who has cleansed his spirit and asks us to do the same.

Another thing i have to ask is who are you to decide what is filth and what isn't? I agree with you that culturally the west has fallen dramatically, but not because of the perversions it allows, i can guarantee you that, remember, prostituion isn't called the oldest profession for nothing, and marijuana is one of the oldest herbal medicines iused by humans on the earth.

I have followed many of the posts and they seem to have gooten off the track, i think we were discussing the degradation of western culture adn society. i think we need to try to get back on that frame of thinking, not try to spout Christian theology at one another and bicker over whether televsion creates culture, or influences it, and I'm sorry to say but I believe it does both, I hae lived overseas most of my life and can safely say that it does have influence. Anyways, back to the point, lets stay focused on discussing the real issues that are destroying society and try not to stray on to persoanl attacks and moral rants.

Cheers, gotta go teach i'll write some more in a while

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Fellows:

All I have to say Ark, is youhave been watching the Matrix a few too may times. And i coulsn't find the quote but you were talking about climbing high trees and that people who live on the ground don't understand you. Anyways that was one of the most ignorant things i have ever read in my life, especially coming from a self professed intellectual who has cleansed his spirit and asks us to do the same.

Why do so many of your kind say, that I have watched the Matrix too many times? Don't you know that the movie was based upon ancient gnostic christianity? And because these teachings are true, you persecute them. When we gain wisdom, and perspective, we are like them that climb high trees. We know good from evil, and can weigh all matters. What part of this do you find ignorant?

Another thing i have to ask is who are you to decide what is filth and what isn't? I agree with you that culturally the west has fallen dramatically, but not because of the perversions it allows, i can guarantee you that, remember, prostituion isn't called the oldest profession for nothing, and marijuana is one of the oldest herbal medicines iused by humans on the earth.

Any man, knowing good from evil, may say what is clean, and what is filthy. For who will eat food that he knows is polluted? Would you have men eat all that is offered to him, not judging the purity thereof? I tell you, there is not a single one of you that doesn't distunguish clean from filthy. How then, do you say, that I cannot discern clean from filthy, when you do so at every meal?

Is not the world the same as the table, with its offerings and drinks, things that men consume? If I can tell a whole fruit from a tainted, I can also judge a whole man, for a whole man is sweet, and a tainted bitter. Also the whole law from the tainted, for the whole law is health to the man and learning for his children, and the tainted the ruin of nations.

Concerning your words of marajuana: For every illness there is remedy, be you perfect.

Cheers, gotta go teach i'll write some more in a while

Who can teach, when they cannot tell clean from filthy? Or who would give them their children to instruct, being evil? I tell you true, that an evil man will teach evil things, and will corrupt whomever listens.

The purpose of learning is judgment, and judgment is the cause of nations and citizens of nations. Free people of the republic, how do you say that you are unable to judge? Who then do you rely upon to judge, and how acquired they their authority, seeing that they came from the same places as yourselves? What then is made of your vote, which you laud greatly as your power, if you be unable to judge good from evil, and comment upon it?

But I say that you have wrongly taught this, and have said an evil thing: that the children of the republic should not discern between guilty and pure, clean and unclean.

For them that say this are the guilty ones, who would have all men devour the filth of the world, and not purify themselves towards righteousness. These are the very same who cause the destruction of nations, and the commotion of wars, and lead whole generations into the fire.

Liars, I have come to convict your upon your own word. For I have spoken boldly, you are unsettled because I have spoken clearly what you would have covered, I have revealed to the children what you would hide in the darkness.
My word is for the patriot and the righteous man, whose honor I have guarded all of my days.

Again I say to you free men of merit, weigh and judge, for great is the corruption of the nation, and many are those who commit them. Let a civil man judge civil matters, and a holy man judge holy matters, if he be both then let him reign. Teach men their right, and enable their tongues, and give them the weapon which is truth, and the shield which is the faith in the Holy One.

Arkaleus

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk

Can I just say something about this??

I would like to ask you who you think is more viable for deciding what is filth and what isn't?? Do you have some sort of politician in mind who you trust and is more right? I'm just curious who you think is?
I'd just like to add that politicans have corporate monkey's in their back pocket stuffed with jing because these corps have an agenda they want to pursue, many times these people don't give a crap about the environment, people's well being ect....
I guess when you have an open mind and a hint of wisdom under your belt and see the world as it really is, people are now comparing it to the matrix?
Maybe you should stop watching biased media to educate yourself, i'd hate to know what your pumping into people's minds...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Whoa Ark,

I must say, I have grown to enjoy reading your posts, purely for entertainment purposes, but we will never agree on what you consider "filth and vice". Don't take this the wrong way, but one must ask, do you consider '___' a "vice", because I have a feeling you don't. Jawapunk was right when he referenced the Matrix, you sound like Morpheus, only with an extreme oppressive religious agenda of some kind. I'm sure you'll make a great cult leader one day, I hear Waco, TX has an opening.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What am I going to say about that?

Away with you, son of shaitan.

[Edited on 20-8-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can't believe my parent's didn't tell me about my real father! I'm glad you told me and I wasn't told in the middle of a light saber fight with Shaitan that he was my father! Nooooooooooooo! I will never turn to the dark side! Deliver me Arkaleus, from this Babylon in which I dwell!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Fellows:

Invariably, it is the lovers of vice and the liars that hate anyone able to judge.

So uniform in their opinions are the children of corruption, that it amazes even me. Every single person who says, "who are you to judge," or "good and evil are the same," is surely to be found an evildoer if examined. Who else but shaitan is a liar? Who else but his children would speak his lies?

Understand the first battle a man must face: He must not only KNOW good and evil for himself, but choose good, and be able to speak about it.

That's what the children of shaitan hate: Them who can judge, and them who teach judgment. It is so critical for the continuance of their evil that they initimidate others from judging their evil, that they have made it their frantic business to remove this from our minds and culture.

That's what the whole struggle is for you. The great numbers of wicked people have grown so strong because no one has stood up to them. No one has done what is righteous and condemn evil. It's not a religious standard, it's a civil one. Right and wrong are universal concepts, known about ever since civilzations first formed.

Americans, we have been made weak because we have be forced to eat unclean things. And when we rose up our small voices against them, we were beaten back by those who manufactured the evil, and forced to eat it again. This is how we have become so confused.

Now, you will find in every person this kind of confusion, which prevents them from making any kind of judgment. This was done on purpose, so that there would be no resistance against evil, and they could operate in the light of day without any rebuke from the rest of us.

Analyse this creed: Good and evil are the same. Men cannot be totally good. Everyone has evil in them. Don' t judge others or things around you. Perfecion is impossible to obtain.

These are the creeds of Shaitan, destroy them wherever you find them.

Arkaleus

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a great one among us! Arkaleus, the great judge of evil, has advised us that we are "unclean" and the evil children of Shaitan. Please, oh great one, show us the path to righteousness, allow us to bask in your infinite wisdom and vision. NOT! Dude, you're hillarious!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join