It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Jackie O tapes 'reveal how she believed Johnson killed JFK and had affair with movie star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Explosive Jackie O tapes 'reveal how she believed Johnson killed JFK and had affair with movie star' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

Jackie Onassis believed that Lyndon B Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved in the assassination of her husband John F Kennedy, ‘explosive’ recordings are set to reveal.
The secret tapes will show that the former first lady felt that her husband’s successor was at the heart of the plot to murder him.
She became convinced that the then vice president, along with businessmen in the South, had orchestrated the Dallas shooting, with gunman Lee Harvey Oswald – long claimed to have been a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

lone assassin – merely part of a much larger conspiracy.
Texas-born Mr Johnson, who served as the state’s governor and senator, completed Mr Kennedy’s term and went on to be elected president in his own right.
The tapes were recorded with leading historian Arthur Schlesinger Jnr within months of the assassination on November 22, 1963, and had been sealed in a vault at the Kennedy Library in Boston.
The then Mrs Kennedy, who went on to marry Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, had ordered that they should not be released until 50 years after her death, with some reports suggesting she feared that her revelations might make her family targets for revenge.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

So Jackie O recorded these interviews several months after the murder of JFK and allegedly insisted that they not be revealed until 50 years after her death. So convinced is her daughter in the words of her mother that there would be reprisal attacks on her family that she just traded them with ABC in return for them cancelling a mini series about her family?

John and Jackie Kennedy with daughter Caroline, who allowed the tapes to be released to ABC in return for their cancelling of the mini series about the family

A programme featuring the tapes will be aired by U.S. network ABC, and it is understood British broadcasters are in talks to show it here too.
ABC executives claimed the tapes’ revelations were ‘explosive’.
They are believed to include the suggestion that Mr Kennedy was having an affair with a 19-year-old White House intern, with his wife even claiming that she found knickers in their bedroom.

There seems to be never-ending 'new' material on this topic;be it interviews, opinion, video coming to light, and yet these tapes are SO 'explosive' that the daughter swapped them so a dramatisation wouldn't be shown on US tv, incidentally it has been shown everywhere else around the world... anyway what to Jackies' assertion it was LBJ?

I always thought the rhyme was 'Hey Hey LBJ how many kids did you kill today' not 'Hey Hey LBJ how many Kennedys did you assasinate today' Ah well.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Another interesting thing is the dress she was wearing that day in Dallas is locked up for 100 years. Nobody can see it. CSI evidence! Had JFK lived, he was booting LBJ from the ticket due to the Bobby Brown crimes. LBJ even had his own sister killed. He was HUGE pile of dung.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Mark Twain signed a document not authorizing his book to be published until 100 years after his death. It makes sense. I think this will be a growing trend in the next few centuries, because communication means have expanded, so has the probability of your message getting across posthumously.

Just think how many have tried to do this but their message got locked away somewhere...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of the Kennedy clan and I'll go as far as saying that Joseph Kennedy was the Pablo Escobar of his generation.

That being said, I'm convinced Johnson was not only involved, he was calling the shots.

As a competitive rifle and pistol shooter I believe that Oswald could have been the only shooter, many of the folks in my league could have made those shots, in fact, most wouldn't have missed the first 2 shots. It would have been pink mist on shot #1.

I'm still amazed that this long after the event more members of the cabal haven't come forward with deathbed confessions, a testement I believe to how well paid they all were, and how dead they made those who showed signs of cracking.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
*Waiting for Rising Against to arrive...

I hope he does. I've been following his other JFK thread with much interest.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I believe it was more likely Eisenhower had him killed. If you listen to the tapes of the calls Kennedy made to Eisenhower about what to do during the Cuban Missle Crises you can clearly see how little Eisenhower thought of him.

Eisenhower definetly had the connections to get rid of a fool like Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If LBJ was behind it, I wander what repercussions would happen for the record of his tenure as president? Or would the US just allow a murderer to remain with a president title? The laws around this would be interesting.The Journo was her friend and a Pulitzer prize winner. I do think a lot of weight can be placed on these tapes. Its not just a grieving widow lashing out, she had grave fears for her family. And Caroline has released them, I wish we had her thoughts also. Is there a accompanied interview from her to go with this?

Z
edit on 7-8-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Not from what I have seen yet, I imagine it would be part of any deal with ABC when they air the tapes?!?

Let's hope it is a decent profile, examination of the evidence and the thoughts of Caroline - it would be very interesting to see if she supported her mothers view and from what age it was something she believed in too..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Great another coincidence that must be swept aside as if it does not exist and is irrelevant.

Debunkers should have a great time with this I can't wait to see the replies.

S+F good stuff

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well if JFK was killed because of what he did with the Cuban missile crisis, it was worth it.

JFK saved the world from nuclear war.

At the time of the crisis, they were already 160 nukes in Cuba, among them, 90 tactical nukes. At the time and until very recently (1992), nobody knew that in the west... and Castro told Khrushchev to use those nukes if Cuba were to be attacked... didn't matter if Cuba were to be vaporized after.

So if JFK had opted for the ``hardline`` stance of that nutjob Curtis LeMay or any other warmonger, nuclear war would have happened.

So if JFK was murdered for that, it was worth it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

You know what bugs me?
time and conspiracy.

They will do nothing.

They'll claim it too long ago, or this little ditty belongs in conspiracy lore rather than historical annals...I don' think America's communal psyche can fathom they had their leader killed and allowed in his murderer to govern them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up about this thread Zazz. I would've missed it and saw it tomorrow morning if you hadn't alerted me to it.

Anyway, I'm really not surprised at all that Jackie thought LBJ was responsible for her husbands demise. Bobby certainly thought he was the culprit from the looks of it and I'm sure he and Jackie discussed this very scenario at some point as they became very close after Jack's unfortunate death.

Johnson is someone who I've believed was involved/responsible for a long time now as well. And there's many other researchers of the case who feel the same way as the amount of evidence pointing the blame right at him is simply overwhelming. In fact, in what was, quite possibly, the most in-depth documentary series ever undertaken on the case, It was concluded, this being something that is banned from being shown, that Johnson was responsible. If that's not enough we also have self proclaimed whistleblowers backing us up.

One such whistleblower, probably the most well known, was E. Howard Hunt and in case anyone is interested, his deathbed confession outing Johnson can be heard here.

This is the first official tape of his confession as heard on national radio.

Notice how Cord Meyers was mentioned as being involved in the above tape as well? Yeah, JFK had a well known affair with his wife, Mary - someone who conveniently died shortly after JFK. Her diary also disappeared - one discussing herself and JFK, this, once again, being well known.

Here's a link on the two for anyone interested:

- Cord Meyers

- Mary Meyers

...Well worth reading.

Whether Johnson planned this well in advance of JFK's actual assassination though, or whether it was something quickly put together, we're not sure of yet. I did manage to come across a possible motive that some here may find quite interesting though. You see, LBJ was in fact already on his way out of being Vice-President, someone not many know, a position he already hated really.

Reason being was his past corruption charges were coming to light in LIFE magazine, something, we suspect, due to Bobby Kennedy of all people - someone who hated Johnson and Bobby being someone who Johnson himself disliked very much also.

Instead of explaining it all myself here and now, please do take the time to read this:

"Beginning in later summer 1963 the magazine, based upon information fed from Bobby Kennedy and the Justice Department, had been developing a major newsbreak piece concerning Johnson and Bobby Baker. On publication Johnson would have been finished and off the 1964 ticket (reason the material was fed to us) and would probably have been facing prison time. At the time LIFE magazine was arguably the most important general news source in the US. The top management of Time Inc. was closely allied with the USA's various intelligence agencies and we were used after by the Kennedy Justice Department as a conduit to the public."

The fact that it was Robert Kennedy who was giving this information to Life Magazine suggests that John F. Kennedy intended to drop Johnson as his vice-president. This is supported by Evelyn Lincoln, Kennedy's secretary. In her book, Kennedy and Johnson (1968) she claimed that in November, 1963, Kennedy decided that because of the emerging Bobby Baker scandal he was going to drop Johnson as his running mate in the 1964 election. Kennedy told Lincoln that he was going to replace Johnson with Terry Sanford.
(Source)

And then please read this interesting snippet also showing what they decided to run instead of the story outing Johnson, It makes for some disturbing reading:

As Johnson was now president, Life Magazine decided not to use the story concerning his corrupt activities. James Wagenvoord later recalled: "The LBJ/Baker piece was in the final editing stages and was scheduled to break in the issue of the magazine due out the week of November 24th (the magazine would have made it to the newsstands on November 26th or 27th). It had been prepared in relative secrecy by a small special editorial team. On Kennedy's death research files and all numbered copies of the nearly print-ready draft were gathered up by my boss (he had been the top editor on the team) and shredded. The issue that was to expose LBJ instead featured the Zapruder film."

On 17th January, 1964, the Senate Rules Committee voted to release to the public the secret testimony of Don B. Reynolds. Johnson responded by leaking information from Reynolds' FBI file to Drew Pearson and Jack Anderson. On 5th February, 1964, The Washington Post reported that Reynolds had lied about his academic success at West Point. The article also claimed that Reynolds had been a supporter of Joseph McCarthy and had accused business rivals of being secret members of the American Communist Party. It was also revealed that Reynolds had made anti-Semitic remarks while in Berlin in 1953.

A few weeks later the New York Times reported that Lyndon B. Johnson had used information from secret government documents to smear Don B. Reynolds. It also reported that Johnson's officials had been applying pressure on the editors of newspapers not to print information that had been disclosed by Reynolds in front of the Senate Rules Committee.
(Source)

Perhaps LBJ knew the only option he had left to finally get everything he wanted was to just bite the bullet and go for it - assassinate Kennedy. He was on his way out anyway, he knew if he did nothing he would have a completely ruined career and even face prison time. Assassinating Kennedy made sure he would be fine, and would achieve his power hungry goal of finally being president.

Not that I'm saying this is truth, but this is certainly, IMO, a potential motive for the assassination of John F. Kennedy here.

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I'm looking forward to hearing the Jackie Tapes in September.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Rising Against because: typos..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thank you for your epic response. Fascinating.

The Life magazine information just beggars belief, just stone dead dropping the expose. One must assume that they were influenced by some state department to protect the US's international reputation, if this had broken and LBJ had to have been removed from office it would have seriously undermined them on the world stage. The Bobby Kennedy info also gives massive credence tot he intention to drop LBJ from the ticket. Does anybody have any links to reliable biographical texts either online or books for LBJ? I would love to read more.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
so lets get this straight

johnson killed kennedy got us into vietnam

and then resigned

there is so much obfuscation surrounding kennedys death

no one will really know and sure theorize and say it was the mafial,lbj,kgb, or the cia hell even aliens did it.

no one can ever prove anything and by the time 100 years rolls around hell i will be dead

so doesnt really matter and nothing changes the fact kennedy is dead or has lived his life out with hugo chavez
edit on 7-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

I would love to read more.

If you're interested, here's a really great link discussing Johnson (I linked it in my last post but I'm posting it again in case it was missed). It also have various links to books relating to him so you might find it interesting: Lyndon B. Johnson.

That site really is fantastic btw. It discusses almost everyone involved in the case one way or another and it has a ton of information too. This can be found here: Spartacus.Schoolnet.com - JFK Assassination.

It's definitely one to consider when doing research.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I believe it was more likely Eisenhower had him killed. If you listen to the tapes of the calls Kennedy made to Eisenhower about what to do during the Cuban Missle Crises you can clearly see how little Eisenhower thought of him.

Eisenhower definetly had the connections to get rid of a fool like Kennedy.

That is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard anybody say in my life. I would like to think that you were joking, but your other posts suggest trolling. I seriously hope you do not believe this.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just want to throw something out there.

I was of the opinion that the assasination was funded/approved by the CIA, who in turn sought out organized crime figures Santo Trafficante and Carlos Marcello to organize it. They then used Jack Ruby to arrange for Oswald to be in the DP at the time of the shooting. Jack Ruby was then forced to get rid of the patsy (Oswald was a regular at Jack Ruby's club and Jack Ruby had connections to both Marcello and Trafficante) while it was actually hired killers who executed the hit on the orders of the crime figures with funding from the CIA.......

Do you think (Rising Against included) that the order originated with Johnson and was then passed down to the CIA and then onto the other guys? Or that it was an entirely different scheme ? Were Trafficante and Marcello still involved if this is the case???

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This does make more since then a lot of the rumors and conspiracies. Johnson become President, his buddies and supporters take out anyone in their way. It feels like it is the most likely reason JFK was killed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Johnson never resigned! He just didn't want to win another election. Then Nixon was campaigning to end the war soon. But plot twist he continued the war!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join