It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS adverts slowing connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with ATS not showing up a full page because its waiting on a connection the ad servers?

The biggest problem for me is mediaplex.com.

Can ATS stick the JAVA script or whatever you use at the bottom of the HTML so it loads last and not first as its delaying the page showing up by at least 30 secs sometimes upto a minute.

I run 3 sites and my ad scripts are run last so that at least the HTML comes up and then I might have a few blank ad spaces but at least the users can see the page while the ads are loading...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't that give us a chance to avoid seeing the ads at all?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Works fine for me.

Maybe you need a better connection.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Works fine for me.

Nah i'm on 30 meg virgin media, only ATS has this problem I can down a movie in less than a minute!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't that give us a chance to avoid seeing the ads at all?

Its not us seeing them its us "clicking" them, ive closed so many "connecting" pages they are probably losing money

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Yup, i have had this a LOT.

It started right after the Google+1 widget was added (not sure if they are connected).

Sometimes there are images on the thread that don't load, so i don't really know what is going on. And because of the whole DNS cache thing, if i try to view the image by itself, it still only shows the same half. To me, it is not worth the time to have to clear my DNS cache just for a hope to see an image that, most often (recently, anyway) sucks.

My posting at ATS has slowed almost to a crawl lately.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Works fine for me.

To address this before someone mentions it relating to my case....i pay for a higher bandwidth package for gaming purposes. I DL at about 20-25, UL at about 2-2.5. It isn't my connection, as my ping is good enough to play Call of Duty Black Ops on XBOX Live with people in Australia.without lagging.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Im on Virgin Media 30meg same as you, no problems on here but I havent got the Google+1 widget....however, I also have Virgin Media on my mobile and I gave up trying to get ATS to load on that, no chance at all yet everything else is fine on it

new topics

top topics

join