It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma City hit with DANGEROUS RADIATION levels from Rain on Aug 6th 2011 [VIDEO]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You wont find any.

All graphs, including volcanic ash and gases, stopped being monitored from Jul 19th. The radioactive element models only go up to 8th May and nothing has been updated since.

Yes, very strange but unsurprising. Then, the norwegian shooting...somehow I think there's a war going on before our eyes without even knowing it.

zardoz.nilu.no...

The above link is the only way to access these models on the Norwegian Air Monitoring Institute site.

Although, we can be certain the issue hasn't been fixed therefore the similar weather patterns would continue sending similar patterns in that direction.

Honestly, after looking at all the models, you realise how fvcked Russia, Japan, China, S-E Asia, India...some of the US and some of Europe are going to be in future.

I live south of the equator...which, currently, is safety.
edit on 8-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
first his meter is set on microsieverts(mcSv)
this is 1000 times lower then millisieverts(mSv)
this is 1000,000 times lower one sieverts(Sv/)

1 Sv=100 rems

if you eat a banana every day is equivalent to 3.6 mrem per year.
Maximum allowable exposure for U.S. radiation workers 50Sv/yr

You are exposed in a CT scan to about 15 mSv

Now to cover the video rain absorbs radon gas and will absorb radioactive dust from coal fired power plants.

you have 6 coal fired power plants within 150 miles of Oklahoma City.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

Aha I did the math and you are busted.

Your own very source you linked claims this:

While it is true that there is a slight increase in radiation does due to living close to a nuclear power plant, typically on the order of 0.01 mrem a year (insignificant), the average dose from living near a coal fired power plant is three times as high! This is due to the release of uranium/etc naturally mixed in with the coal.

They are saying the coal plant pollution only equates to roughly .03 mrem per year.

Look at my post above, I gave links and did the calculations. This rain equates to 1.4rem or 1406 mrem per year!

Like 30,000-40,000 times higher than what you are trying to pass it off as. Amazing isn't it?

1406 / .03 = 46,766

I guess the coal power plant suggestion doesn't hold up to serious investigation. It certainly does not explain the 1.6+ uSv reading in the rain to my satisfaction...
edit on 8-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It seems like fewer independent news sources are reporting on radiation fallout. Germany stopped their radiation forecast maps on July 29 with no reason given So urce

So are we supposed to trust TEPCO's forecasts? If this wasn't so sad I would laugh.

With regards to "radiation being good for you", most doctors will tell you the safe limit is ZERO. Some are calling "'Radiation hormesis an incredible lie'. Probably a lie by industry lackeys. Source

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

it's high was more like 1,62...... watch again

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by vermonster

Is that geiger counter from walmart? Looks like an Ipod app to me.

And we have a winner! It is a fake radiation detector app like this: itunes.apple.com...

Good catch.

And we have a loser! Someone who failed to read the 4th post on this thread.

Originally posted by vermonster

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by vermonster

Is that geiger counter from walmart? Looks like an Ipod app to me.

Jump to conclusions much?

That is a 'SOEKS Geiger counter'

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

Holy moly.

This video was allegedly taken in Oklahoma City on 8/6/11.

It shows a man wiping rain water off of trash cans and then placing what appears to be a geiger counter on top of the wipe-rag making the counter go way up.

I would love to hear some expert ATS opinions on this.

edit on 7-8-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by vermonster because: embedded video

I wonder if there is any correlation between that storm and the one that went over Tennessee last night around 11:30.... it didn't rain much but there were several flashes of lightening every second.... much of the lightening appeared to develop in the middle of the sky... without any distinguishable cloud or perhaps just a light haze... Before it was above me I saw it way off in the distance, maybe forty or fifty miles away, and it jsut looked like a giant ash ball with a crazy light show in the middle.... I don't know it was just very strange... I've lived here all my life and don't recall experiencing anything like that. It has been super damn hot here lately though so it's probably just from that. Sorry if this comes off as 'off topic' but there may be a correlation?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
1.6 uSv per hour = 14,016 uSv per year.
(1.6x24x365 = 14,016)

Using the calculator, at hptech.org, that 14016 micro sieverts is 1.4 rem.
(For a whole year).

According to the NRC.gov Website we are exposed to roughly 620 millirem per year, or .62 rem (Average).

So due to the contamination of the rain, Oklahoma City has over double, almost triple the amount of radiation as the accepted averages. These averages are including things like medical procedures (which I am never exposed to), industry (we are all exposed to), consumer products (only some people are exposed),

The natural sources account for only .31 rem. Which is less than 1/5th of the reading in Oklahoma City.

We are talking around 5x the natural background radiation exposure averages here. Pretty startling and upsetting, to be frank about it.

Oh crap. nice work

So, muzzle can you recommend a quality geiger counter?

edit to add:just started raining here as i posted this, eww
edit on 8-8-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

i wouldn't doubt it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9372d792923d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

It seems like fewer independent news sources are reporting on radiation fallout. Germany stopped their radiation forecast maps on July 29 with no reason given So urce

So are we supposed to trust TEPCO's forecasts? If this wasn't so sad I would laugh.

With regards to "radiation being good for you", most doctors will tell you the safe limit is ZERO. Some are calling "'Radiation hormesis an incredible lie'. Probably a lie by industry lackeys. Source

I agree with many of the posts on your first link, they are saying they think Michio Kaku and Arnie Gunderson have both been 'gotten to' by TPTB. I agree 100%.

Gunderson and Kaku were two mavericks out exposing the lies right and left, and now they are not talking much and their 'tone' has calmed down significantly. So I assume they have received plenty of threats..That's how things seem to work after-all, sadly.

I also agree with many doctors who say that the only safe exposure is no exposure at all. This is common sense. Natural background radiation is fine, we evolved to those minimal amounts over thousands of years.

However man-made sources of radiation have become prevalent and are all over the place now. Common sense also suggests that this is a major factor in the modern cancer epidemics world-wide.

Even extremely small amounts of radioisotope contamination with the resultant radioactivity can create all types random damage to various systems within organic structures such as animals. Each isotope tends to damage specific organs more than others, or affect certain systems. When you have a plethora of several dozen different isotopes from strontium to cesium to krypton attacking you simultaneously, this could lead to a whole host of potential diseases or deterioration of DNA within the body.

So yes technically any exposure over the natural background is dangerous and unhealthy. I agree that the only safe limit is zero.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

TEPCO is expected to play a key role in achieving Japan's targets for reduced carbon dioxide emissions under the Kyoto Protocol.

en.wikipedia.org...

no, those men are liars
edit on 8-8-2011 by vermonster because: forgot link

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I live 2 hours to the east of OKC and it did rain on Aug 6th, but just breifly. Wonder if this radiation crap has accumulated in the atmosphere, because we have had No rain for so long now. I dont know just a thought. We have had a record number of days without rain, and a record number of days, where heat exceeded triple digits. Kinda getting scary, one little lightining strike or ciggarette thrown out the car, and boom you have forest fire.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It's really a question of probabilities. At very low radiation exposure, maybe one in a million will get sick say. The higher the radiation exposure the larger the number of people will get sick. What scares me is that it's getting harder to get straight answers about what levels we are being exposed to exactly.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I live 2 hours to the east of OKC and it did rain on Aug 6th, but just breifly. Wonder if this radiation crap has accumulated in the atmosphere, because we have had No rain for so long now. I dont know just a thought. We have had a record number of days without rain, and a record number of days, where heat exceeded triple digits. Kinda getting scary, one little lightining strike or ciggarette thrown out the car, and boom you have forest fire.

I don't think it has accumulated really, due to the wind constantly blowing it.

What you are getting right now was not over Oklahoma a week ago. Imagine the jet stream and cloud systems, they are in constant motion.

The only actual accumulation is due to various sources (like Fukushima) continually adding more of the product into the air.

And there is a factor where it dissipates as it decays, so this lessens the impact over time. However many of the radioisotopes we are looking at take very long time periods to decay. Hundreds of years or longer in some cases, or with other isotopes it may decay within a few weeks.

Also it gets diluted which lessens the radioactivity of any given square foot.
But keep in mind dilution actually sucks, it means that all this junk is going to get over everything now (if it hasn't already), and it will not stay put in one location.

So it's a extremely complex equation, and I doubt we even have computer models that could really get an accurate depiction of the actual reality going on...

But overall this means radiation levels globally will be on the increase until the source is stopped (a sharp increase on the graph), and then it will take a very long time for the materials to decay to a level where it becomes negligible, which will appear as a very broad and slow downward slope on the graph from the climax point (we have not reached climax levels yet).

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So, muzzle can you recommend a quality geiger counter?

The SOEKS Ecotester model in the video appears to be a really nice one, although rather expensive.

There are plenty of cheaper models but I like quality products and if I had the cash I'd probably grab one of these or something of a similar quality.

It is very nice I wish I had one.

Here is a link you may be interested in, GeigerCounters.com, they have a nice assortment to look through and if you click on any of them it leads to a page with in depth explanations and details about each one.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777

I don't think it has accumulated really, due to the wind constantly blowing it.

What you are getting right now was not over Oklahoma a week ago. Imagine the jet stream and cloud systems, they are in constant motion.

The only actual accumulation is due to various sources (like Fukushima) continually adding more of the product into the air.

And there is a factor where it dissipates as it decays, so this lessens the impact over time. However many of the radioisotopes we are looking at take very long time periods to decay. Hundreds of years or longer in some cases, or with other isotopes it may decay within a few weeks.

Also it gets diluted which lessens the radioactivity of any given square foot.
But keep in mind dilution actually sucks, it means that all this junk is going to get over everything now (if it hasn't already), and it will not stay put in one location.

So it's a extremely complex equation, and I doubt we even have computer models that could really get an accurate depiction of the actual reality going on...

But overall this means radiation levels globally will be on the increase until the source is stopped (a sharp increase on the graph), and then it will take a very long time for the materials to decay to a level where it becomes negligible, which will appear as a very broad and slow downward slope on the graph from the climax point (we have not reached climax levels yet).

It should also be taken into consideration that more radionuclides have been released into the Pacific than into the air. Precipitation cycles will keep this radiation falling on us in the rain long after Fukushima has been stabilized.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

TEPCO is expected to play a key role in achieving Japan's targets for reduced carbon dioxide emissions under the Kyoto Protocol.

en.wikipedia.org...

no, those men are liars

Totally ridiculous isn't it?

They actually pretend to care about CO2 emissions. Totally absurd at this point.

I am more worried about radioactive isotopes of xenon, krypton, strontium, americium, uranium, plutonium, cesium, curium, iodine; ok I can't list them all, there is virtually dozens of isotopes found within the Fukushima fallout plume.

I have had trouble finding any source that lists all of the isotopes detected since the meltdowns started. But by collecting dozens of sources I have added well over 20 isotopes to the list so far. Who knows what else there is we haven't heard about yet?

Check this out. This is what comes out of a nuclear bomb explosion.

A nuclear explosion creates a fallout 'soup' of 200 or so different radioactive isotopes, that become ever more dispersed over distance downwind, weakening with every passing hour, and whatever little still remains far downwind, that we might later inhale or ingest then, is even further dispersed in our bodies.

Very informative source at Ki4u.com

At least 200 isotopes from the bomb, and I have counted over 20 known isotopes from Fukushima. I am not up on exactly how many isotopes will be released by the meltdowns, but I am thinking that there should be at least 100 or so. Many of them decay super fast so perhaps that explains why they are not detected. However many others take a long time and yet they aren't ever mentioned much.

Also keep in mind that the heavier isotopes fall to the ground faster than the lighter weight ones.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

It should also be taken into consideration that more radionuclides have been released into the Pacific than into the air. Precipitation cycles will keep this radiation falling on us in the rain long after Fukushima has been stabilized.

Good thinking, you are right. I didn't consider precipitation cycles.

I would assume that due to the admitted dumping of hundreds of tons of radioactive waste water into the Pacific, that there is probably hundreds of times more materials within the ocean (from fallout and dumping combined), than there is in the air over the USA.

But as you stated, there is an obvious mechanism where it can become airborne again and re-enter the cycle.

I will look into this and see if there is any information explaining what the precipitation rates are for contaminated water and what exactly can rise with the water vapor as it turns into clouds. I doubt I will find anything though because this is kind of a new arena of thought and there may be very little information to go with at this point in time.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Aware Electronics sells a Geiger Counter you plug into your computers USB port.

www.aw-el.com...

I have the RM-70. Radioactive Rain has fallen here.

US Chamber of Commerce doesn't want you to know....you have to find out for yourself. They don't want to stop tourism/commerce/exports.

Who would buy Hawaii's pineapples or Idaho's potatoes if the world knew there was radioactive rain falling on them?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

first his meter is set on microsieverts(mcSv)
this is 1000 times lower then millisieverts(mSv)
this is 1000,000 times lower one sieverts(Sv/)

1 Sv=100 rems

if you eat a banana every day is equivalent to 3.6 mrem per year.
Maximum allowable exposure for U.S. radiation workers 50Sv/yr

You are exposed in a CT scan to about 15 mSv

Now to cover the video rain absorbs radon gas and will absorb radioactive dust from coal fired power plants.

you have 6 coal fired power plants within 150 miles of Oklahoma City.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

Aha I did the math and you are busted.

Your own very source you linked claims this:

While it is true that there is a slight increase in radiation does due to living close to a nuclear power plant, typically on the order of 0.01 mrem a year (insignificant), the average dose from living near a coal fired power plant is three times as high! This is due to the release of uranium/etc naturally mixed in with the coal.

They are saying the coal plant pollution only equates to roughly .03 mrem per year.

Look at my post above, I gave links and did the calculations. This rain equates to 1.4rem or 1406 mrem per year!

Like 30,000-40,000 times higher than what you are trying to pass it off as. Amazing isn't it?

1406 / .03 = 46,766

I guess the coal power plant suggestion doesn't hold up to serious investigation. It certainly does not explain the 1.6+ uSv reading in the rain to my satisfaction...

I will stick by the coal fired power plants. there has been no rain to wash off the coal plant pollution this means it has been building up for a long time.

Also wiping water of a source is not a standard way to measure radiation levels in the air. it only measures buildup over time - decay.

its not proper scientific method for reading radiation levels at any one time.

This rain equates to 1.4rem or 1406 mrem per year!

its .0014 rem or .0001406 mrem.

1 uSV =1 mcSv mc and u are interchangeable for microsievert. m is millisieverts.
1 mSv = 1000 mcSv

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

its .0014 rem or .0001406 mrem.

1 uSV =1 mcSv mc and u are interchangeable for microsievert. m is millisieverts.
1 mSv = 1000 mcSv

Dude I linked the calculator for everyone to look at and plug the numbers in themselves.
You are full of it, the calculator says it is 1406 mrem per year. Please learn math. Wait, just learn a calculator you don't even need math.

It's clearly 1.4 rem = 1406 mrem.

Why are you lying outright? If you knew the method you couldn't have gotten it so wrong, honestly.

1.6 uSv per hour = 14,016 uSv per year. (1.6x24x365 = 14,016) Using the calculator, at hptech.org, that 14016 micro sieverts is 1.4 rem. (For a whole year).

Just use this calculator

Read them and weep. I supplied ALL the math, the resources, and the explanation.
14,016 uSv = 1.4 rem = 1406 mrem

The sources claim average exposure from radioactive pollution from coal power plants is around .03mrem per year. Not even a whole mrem, it's 3% of a mrem.

So you are blaming a reading of 1.6-1.8 uSv per hour on something that is 40,000 times less potent than this.

In fact, let's destroy your theory entirely by adding in even more reasoning and logic.

There have been coal fired plants for well over a century constantly spewing this stuff everywhere, so it has Become part of the "background" radiation essentially, it is so widespread and commonplace. That .03 mrem a year from coal emissions is part of your background reading now.

Here is an interesting way to do the math backwards and determine how much coal related radiation source is within any average sample you may take.

.03 mrem per year OR 30microrem (divided by) / 365 days then divide that answer by 24 hours. Then you have the mrem per hour count.

The answer? My calculator claims it's .0034 microrem OR .0000034 mrem OR .000034 uSv per hour radiation average from coal waste in the air. How does .000034 uSv turn into 1.6 uSv?

Please explain how this extremely low source of radiation has jumped by over 40,000 x all of the sudden and yet none of the EPA or NRC guys know anything about it???

<< 1  2    4 >>

join