It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china confrontation later than sooner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It would be a stalemate- USA wouldnt have the $ to fight a long war with china. China is too big to conquer. China spent only 14 billion last year on national defense...that's it. We spend that in 2 weeks for the bogus dept of homeland defense...remember duct tape?

Safe to say there wont be any chinese invasion any time soon but it will come eventually.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
First of the US has the largest defense budget in the world.

2nd what reason is there to go to war with China??

Do you not realize how many corporations have business in China?? Try and find something in a store that is not stamped made in China or some other part of asia.

then let's look at the sheer numbers here the Chinese military is 10X the size of the US military.

We have the advantage in technology but short of China Invading Tawain or Japan why would we consider invading?????

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
An unidentified aircraft, originating from China or North Korea briefly violated Japanese airspace.

www.swissinfo.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
aircraft routinely violate Japanese airspace...I wouldn't expect it to kick off much...

As for fighting a land war in China, you can forget it...nobody's that crazy...not even Bush!
Something about 1000 men to 1 man odds that isn't promising, no matter how much technology you have, hehe....

I'll say it over and over again though...any kind of war between nuclear superpowers is NOT a good thing...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know why we would go to war with China but if we did there would be horrific losses on both sides.

I agree Gozrok:"any kind of war between nuclear superpowers is NOT a good thing"

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
China won't come alone if they actually do (doubt here). They will bring Russia into the fray as well. There is a treaty between them that is kind of like an alliance. Watch Russian and Chinese nukes start raining down on us.
Not to mention the MILLIONS of chemical and biological weapons Russia have. One of the smallest can take out everyone in a football stadium.

Likely Scenario:

1) China uses her mass menpower to build tons of missiles using russian tech
2) Russia arms them with nukes and chems and bios.
3) We are all gone. (Taking the rest of the world with us)

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
russia is now working on a new icbm that never leaves the atmosphere.

yeah i have read about that treaty between R and C.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ahmmm, the atmosphere is a broad definition. It goes up for miles. Dunno what is the highest but I know stratosphere is up there somewhere.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Russia and china do not like each other it would be a shocker for everyone in the world if they actually wer ein alliance. Like I said before the only reason there has not been a major conflict between superpowers (ie CHina, USA, and Russia) is because if two go to war they both know they will loose most of tehre military power in a long drawn out war and they know that the superpower who wasnt in the conflict would pick up the pieces of the war and kick the tail of the winner who would be greatly weakend. Plus noone would win if anynuke were fired remember M.A.D

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Russia and china do not like each other it would be a shocker for everyone in the world if they actually wer ein alliance. Like I said before the only reason there has not been a major conflict between superpowers (ie CHina, USA, and Russia) is because if two go to war they both know they will loose most of tehre military power in a long drawn out war and they know that the superpower who wasnt in the conflict would pick up the pieces of the war and kick the tail of the winner who would be greatly weakend. Plus noone would win if anynuke were fired remember M.A.D

i will try to find the alliance article.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Russia is weak now and needs a strategic partner and China suits the bill wonderfully. Russia is still in some sense a communist country and its leaders like to work with other communist countries. Russia alone can't counter the U.S. but Russochina can. The thing that got both Russia and China stirred up was the Kosovo war. China got their embassy bombed and Russia was a backer of Yugoslavia I believe. They have to unite to beat the "big american bully".

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I found it, here it is:
MOSCOW, Russia -- Chinese President Jiang Zemin and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin have signed a new "friendship agreement," the Itar-Tass agency reports.

The so-called Good Neighbourly Treaty of Friendship and Co-operation replaces a 50-year old agreement intended to defend both countries' mutual interests and boost economic and cultural trade.

But some observers say the treaty is a move to strengthen their mutual opposition to the U.S.' plans for a global missile defence system. Both countries want to preserve the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) pact between Moscow and Washington as a basis for international stability.

Washington argues that the ABM pact is a relic of the Cold War and wants the treaty amended or scrapped. U.S. President George W. Bush has made clear he will not allow the pact to stand in the way of a new missile defence system.

China and Russia fear the proposals could spark a global arms race and prompt the renewed production of nuclear weapons. They say scrapping the ABM treaty would undermine a whole series of arms reduction treaties reached over the past 30 years and eliminate an effective instrument of maintaining international stability without offering any alternative.

"Russia and China stress the basic importance of the ABM treaty, which is a cornerstone of the strategic stability and the basis for reducing offensive weapons, and speak out for maintaining the treaty in its current form," Tass quoted a joint declaration by Putin and Jiang Zemin as saying.

The leaders also called for further reductions in strategic arms and for the creation of a "global nuclear non-proliferation mechanism," Reuters news agency said.

"Russia and China will step up their co-operation in nuclear non-proliferation including efforts to encourage all members of the international community to join the Nuclear Non- Proliferation Treaty," the declaration said.

Both Moscow and Beijing have stressed the new friendship agreement poses no military threat to the U.S. or any other countries.

Jiang's pre-planned visit comes after the U.S.' successful test of a missile interceptor over the weekend.

Russia's nuclear arsenal dwarfs that of China, which analysts say is keen to speed up military expansion through an alliance with Moscow.

Russia's defence industry is rich in expertise and advanced weapon design but short on orders from the country's own impoverished military.

During the 90s China has been the biggest customer at Russian defence factories, buying billions of dollars worth of Russian jets, submarines, missiles and destroyers.

But despite this, some have pointed to inconsistency in the Russian-Chinese alliance -- who this year have only traded $3.8 billion compared to $115 billion with the U.S.

There has also been concern in Russia about Chinese migrants taking over the sparsely populated Far Eastern and Siberian regions of the country, Reuters said.

The new treaty replaces the Soviet-Chinese alliance of the 1950s.

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, both countries have put aside their differences and forged what they call " a strategic partnership."

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackBox20
It would be a stalemate- USA wouldnt have the $ to fight a long war with china. China is too big to conquer. China spent only 14 billion last year on national defense...that's it. We spend that in 2 weeks for the bogus dept of homeland defense...remember duct tape?

Safe to say there wont be any chinese invasion any time soon but it will come eventually.

I think people over estimated China's military capability. China has not invented a single piece of military equipment that's not a copy or a variation of western or soviet design for the last 50 years. From the basic AK47 to the new J-10 fighter, just about everything in Chinese military inventory came from a design somewhere else.

The truth is China just does not have the heavy industrial capability, and they are at least 20-30 years behind US. Hell, have any of us ever see a Chinese made commercial car selling anywhere around the world. No. They do not. Believe it or not, I was in China three years ago, and saw some part of china still using steam locomotives. It's safe to said, even the US hand over the blue print of F-22 to China, they won't be able to produce one from their own factory within 10 years. (BTW, that does not mean they won't be able to produce a missile specifically to counter it)

Honestly, there are no reasons for China and US to go to war. Only desperate people want to destroy the world (N. Korean is one). USA is one of the largest importers of Chinese goods, and China's fast growing economic is completely depending on western world. Without China, we will be paying $500 for a phreaking Japanese DVD player, instead of $100. Why on earth we want to destroy one another?

Not to mentions China has nuke, and yes! "SARS!!" If Saddam have those, you think we will be going to anywhere near Iraq.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Its all propaganda anyways. As far as I'm concerned the media is just an example of a horrible soapopera mixed with real events. Rateings have been at all time highs during braodcasts of violence and conflict. Its become more of a trend these days.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeroking
China won't come alone if they actually do (doubt here). They will bring Russia into the fray as well. There is a treaty between them that is kind of like an alliance. Watch Russian and Chinese nukes start raining down on us.
Not to mention the MILLIONS of chemical and biological weapons Russia have. One of the smallest can take out everyone in a football stadium.

Likely Scenario:

1) China uses her mass menpower to build tons of missiles using russian tech
2) Russia arms them with nukes and chems and bios.
3) We are all gone. (Taking the rest of the world with us)

Don't bet on too mcuh of a relationship between Russian and China. The Chinese will need Siberian resoures at some stage in the near future. Russian knows this and is wary of any advances in the power of the Chinese military. If they weren't so strapped for cash, then they would be selling very little to the Chinese.
Anyway, relations have never been that good since the '60's, when several boarder skirmishes occurred from 1966-69, and this was when they were fellow communists.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
But i heard the Russian Economy is boosting up and in a couple of years Russia will be more Stable than the U.S.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
China and the USSR during the cold war had opposing views on communism. I won't get deep into that but they came near to have a all out war. Relationship improved dramatically in the 90s because of Russia's weakened state, the Kosovo war and the border settlement between the two countries. Russia and China knows that one of them can't take on the U.S. alone but combined, they are a force to be reckoned with. Also, both are growing ecnomic powers and Russia is more than willing to share her resources to improve trade with China. Heck, Russia has the most natural resources in the world. Including 95% of all the titanium and a lot of oil. Sharing it with China will both improve relations and give the Russian govt extra income.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeroking
China and the USSR during the cold war had opposing views on communism. I won't get deep into that but they came near to have a all out war. Relationship improved dramatically in the 90s because of Russia's weakened state, the Kosovo war and the border settlement between the two countries. Russia and China knows that one of them can't take on the U.S. alone but combined, they are a force to be reckoned with. Also, both are growing ecnomic powers and Russia is more than willing to share her resources to improve trade with China. Heck, Russia has the most natural resources in the world. Including 95% of all the titanium and a lot of oil. Sharing it with China will both improve relations and give the Russian govt extra income.

Are you joking
. Russia is just going to share it's resources for China. I guarantee Russia won't give any land to China, they have owned Suberia for too long.
Besides only Western nations have the technology to eficiently extract resources from the Siberian tundra.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Many guys here like war. Say war between US and China, war between US and Russian War between US and Conbination of China and Russian. I do not know if this is crazy. Actually, US army can beat such small coutries with little millitary power. But I doubt that US have the courage to have war with any millitary power with nuke. not mention war with Russia and China (super nuke power

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
we have the courage but not many people would want to bear a war of that magnitude cause no one will win. And Aero i still dont see how u can say there are even russina and chinese relation. It is all merly a front. I mean give alil here give alil there to satisfy the other country we do it with russian and china.

join