It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the U.S. drag Canada into a double-dip recession?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
How does Canada benefit from it's natural resources?

Natural resource of Canada are owned by the people of Canada. In order to rape the forests you have to pay the country "Tax Payer" taxes. So corporations pay the people.

As opposed to America where the corporation own the natural resources and the tax payer pay them (ie Tax Subsidies). We the tax payers pay the corporations to rape our lands. We get nothing out of it except a higher debt and destroyed land with a hole or a mountain bare of trees. I am glad our tax money is well spent.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Greenspan recently said the US could print money to avoid default. As a Canadian I am offended. The world reserve currency has to be something that one country alone does not control. Just think if You could pay all Your bills with printed money and nobody else could. GREENSPANS comments have given the rest of the world good reason to dump the US$ as the world reserve currency. Silver as currency would be nice

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It's not being self-centred. Its more that we don't want to be mistakenly thought to be Americans. Nothing wrong with the people of the US, nicest folks I've ever met. Just your Government has dragged your name through the mud and it's a well known fact that most of the world has a disdain for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The Nazification of Amerika may have a spill over effect im afraid.
The patriot act,DHS, all that terror BS,Harper loves his war too......
If we can all get the freakin goverments back down to earth,get some wise and responsible people in,
Stop letting the corporations call the shots....
Otherwise theres a good chance well be enjoying those good ole 2nd amendment rights after all

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Greenspan recently said the US could print money to avoid default. As a Canadian I am offended. The world reserve currency has to be something that one country alone does not control. Just think if You could pay all Your bills with printed money and nobody else could. GREENSPANS comments have given the rest of the world good reason to dump the US$ as the world reserve currency. Silver as currency would be nice

Isn't that exactly what happened to Germany between World War I and World War II?

Part of what set the psychological stage for German males to so closely identify with Hitler's angst?

Nothing alarming at all about that association.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Of course we will be affected. Even asking the question is retarded.

Half of our GDP is exports. 90% of our exports are to the US.

The US goes kaput, we go kaput. Simple as that.

It is exactly as the US has planned and schemed for generations past. When they sent their armies and armadas at us, we smashed them back south and burned their capital to the ground. They decided that soft invasion was the next strategy. My point being that the US has always had it in their mind that we are theirs to exploit.

The realization of soft invasion happened with the FTA and NAFTA. It was nothing more than an investor's rights agreement to protect these parasitic American companies from our laws and cultural traditions while they take over our industries, our media, our whole images.

Of course we will go down with the Yankees. The whole point of NAFTA was to integrate our economies to the point that we will suffer so much that our patsy government will make decisions to integrate us more and more beyond the point of no return.

I want this situation to worsen. I want my people to realize how much they are used by Washington. I want my people to rise up and cut ties with the American parasites. We can single-handily cripple the American empire if we work together and replace our Washington-proxy government with nationalists and dispose of lobbyists.

To hell with Manifest Destiny. It is time for Canada to stand truly on its own and forge its own destiny.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
To hell with Manifest Destiny. It is time for Canada to stand truly on its own and forge its own destiny.

Send a text to Sweater Steve. He's down in S. America setting up more Free trade deals.

Canada will weather the storm better than the US, simply because our oil, mineral and lumber is wanted all over the world, not just down south. If the US takes less of our products, others will take more... especially food.

Not saying we won't be gored. Maybe a nice leg gash instead of taking a horn in the groin.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yes, unfortunately I've been exposed to cable TV recently and it's loaded with images of Harper in Brazil. Not surprising, it's probably where Mengele created him ("Boys from Brazil" joke).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join