It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
I often feel that I make relative posts, yet often no one directly replies to them (way more often than not). My last post in this thread is utterly relevant. Please, someone reply before I give up contributing around here, heh.

sorry man I starred ya. its hard to say much about it he says essentially the same as greenspan only in more words then tries to sugar coat our situation by saying we will recover slowly...

the funniest part for me is when he said if the U.S. is not AAA then no one in the WORLD is AAA .
sure buddy sure

sadly in a way he is right when America starts to get their credit downgraded the world markets will more than likely follow.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Then why do they put us in Jail when we try to print our own money to pay off our personal debts?

Hey, if they can do it, why can't everyone, and every country... Greece????

We have to leave this to the professionals. They are the only ones that can handle the power of screwing everyone else over because they have so much experience at it. Look at how good they are doing!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Already got some, but yeah my eyes are pretty bad.

I feel like I'm the only one with sense on these boards.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Originally posted by de Thor
Dang guys, whats with calling Alan Greenspan names? You all sound like little 7 year olds. The man is misguided, not a "jew slug."

When my parents were on their honeymoon in '89 they had dinner with him and his wife. At the time they had absolutely no idea who he was. Said he was just a normal person.

Ahh What?

Misguided!! a Man that been in the banking Business most his life and saw all the Dirty Laundry and Scam Profiteering and Loan Sharking and Shady Deals with
Foreign Relations & Big BIG Business through his Life Time

Misguided MY ASS!!!

Parents had Dinner with him a Honey Moon ?

Is at a Place that Charges 200.000 a plate?

I can ONLY Imagine that's were GreenSpan Would Be !

Well IM Guessing its not your Average Blue Collar Worker Restaurant !

Quotes On Banking and the Federal Reserve System FRAUD
www.barefootsworld.net...

Woodrow_Wilson Federal_Reserve_quotes
en.wikiquote.org...:Woodrow_Wilson#Federal_Reserve_quotes

Quotes About The Federal Reserve And Central Banking
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

edit on 8-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Hahaha come on man, it was their honeymoon. And that was part of my point; my parents ate with a normal couple who they later found out to be Alan Greenspan and his wife. I can guarantee you it wasn't $200 a plate either.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

May I suggest that you study how the FED actually works then understand that this man ran it then come back and comment. He's very sweet isnt he?
He'd eat your first born and charge you for it as well.

edit on 8-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
problem solved then, why didn't we think of this before.

Oh wait, Germany in 1930's and Zimbabwe in 2008 also had these brilliant ideas.

That is because they tried to do that and keep their currency. The trick is to secretly print all the money up to pay off back debt. Even more secretly create a new currency backed by something(preferably a plant or copper/iron, coal or gold/silver). Then apply the fiat money to back debt and as the currency becomes worthless empty the banks of the worthless money(US banks only) and have them do a free of charge balanced(like with what they did for a few weeks whens Germany was reunited) currency swap for American citizens only.

Of course a lot of foreigners in America would get F'ed over as would people oversea's that are hording dollars. But since your replacing the fiat currency with a currency backed by something....

And to be nice you can even agree to a limited currency swap in general. Like every $1,000 of the old federal reserve money = 1 dollar of the new currency for foreigners.

That is being nice. Technically the Federal Reserve is a private company that the US congress sub-contracts to print and handle America's currency. End the contract= federal reserve notes are worthless and would even be illegal to use/ total garbage.
edit on 8-8-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
well i guess its time to invest in a nice printer and start some photoshop work!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thank you for linking the videos! I've sort of known what they were for awhile, but the idea is kind of fuzzy in my head, so I'll be sure to watch these videos.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Dang guys, whats with calling Alan Greenspan names? You all sound like little 7 year olds. The man is misguided, not a "jew slug."

When my parents were on their honeymoon in '89 they had dinner with him and his wife. At the time they had absolutely no idea who he was. Said he was just a normal person.

Ahh What?

Misguided!! a Man that been in the banking Business most his life and saw all the Dirty Laundry and Scam Profiteering and Loan Sharking and Shady Deals with
Foreign Relations & Big BIG Business through his Life Time

Misguided MY ASS!!!

Parents had Dinner with him a Honey Moon ?

Is at a Place that Charges 200.000 a plate?

I can ONLY Imagine that's were GreenSpan Would Be !

Well IM Guessing its not your Average Blue Collar Worker Restaurant !

Quotes On Banking and the Federal Reserve System FRAUD
www.barefootsworld.net...

Woodrow_Wilson Federal_Reserve_quotes
en.wikiquote.org...:Woodrow_Wilson#Federal_Reserve_quotes

Quotes About The Federal Reserve And Central Banking
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

edit on 8-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Hahaha come on man, it was their honeymoon. And that was part of my point; my parents ate with a normal couple who they later found out to be Alan Greenspan and his wife. I can guarantee you it wasn't $200 a plate either.

Ok you stand for an Apology for the 200 dollar plate !!

Ask your Parents what Greenspan & wife was eating was it Rare ! or Well Done ! !

As it claimed that he is a Troll or a Reptilian Lizard !

and were was this Dinner ?

was He Hooded ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yea the government CAN print all those trillions to pay the debt BUT what he doesn't say is that it'll cause massive hyper inflation and destroy the dollar and everyone will go nuts!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here some of my favorite quotes in regard to this subject of Public Debt and Banks.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain." - Napoleon

"The government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the government and the buying power of consumers. The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of government, but it is the government's greatest creative opportunity. The financing of all public enterprise, and the conduct of the treasury will become matters of practical administration. Money will cease to be master and will then become servant of humanity." - Abraham Lincoln

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Source

Hope to hear from you soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Well, hey, let's be honest; it's true. we can print up fourteen trillion $1 bills, pass them out to our debt holders and say "there, now piss off." Since the size of our debt is unrelated to inflation (if you owe $1,000 today, and tomorrow the dollar drops in value to $0.33, you still only owe the person one thousand $1 notes) we could do this.

ofcourse it would devalue our currency to the point where you could trade a chicken for a sports car and have change coming.

But we could do it.

And that fact just demonstrates how utterly insane our financial system is - in large part thanks to people like greenspan. he might have said "oops" but I still think he should be strung up by the heels.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
STOP the replies LMAO .. im crying and laughing at the same time this is insanity.

I dont understand how he could say it I didnt believe it until i found that video.

Alan Greenspan is known for saying the way it is, but he is right.

IN Afghanistan, the US threw money out of Aeroplanes over the country ... that is basically "printing" money. It wasn't thrown over the desert as "value exchange", now was it?

The US has been printing money since it abandoned having it anchored to gold. And many other countries, do it half way ... it's like banks having the ability to lend "10 times" the amount of cash they have in the bank. They aren't lending out money they have ... now are they?

The bubble that is currently running, is man created ... this is basically what Greenspan is saying. It's an artificial problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
lol. is this news? We all know the federal reserve prints money based on nothing and makes the rest of u work like slaves. It's almost laughable.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join