It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Following a sharp fall on the markets, CNN (cable TV) pundits, reporters are echoing Greenspan's comments here.

Saying that there is no need to worry about default, and that we can print enough money to cover any US debts.

WTF?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I know! It's pathetic! The lady on CNN was like "Don't worry people, we CAN pay our debt, by printing more money." How can she honestly be that ignorant? That would just DESTROY the dollar.
edit on 8-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Following a sharp fall on the markets, CNN (cable TV) pundits, reporters are echoing Greenspan's comments here.

Saying that there is no need to worry about default, and that we can print enough money to cover any US debts.

WTF?

They are just carrying the water for Obama.
I guess this is all they have left.
- Don't worry. We can just print money! - Now that's what i call leadership.

---------------
Am i in the Twilight Zone?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
After watching this I feel much better about the econ. crisis things are going to be just fine.

anyone watching the derivatives bubble like me. ?

heres a link to some info on it note the date of the article. very interesting .
www.copvcia.com...

FTW - A hearing to dismiss a suit by the Gold Ant-Trust Action Committee (GATA) is scheduled to begin in U.S. District Court on October 9th, 2001. That suit, based upon detailed research, alleges that a conspiracy has existed between the U.S. Treasury, The Federal Reserve, former Treasury Secretaries Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers and major U.S. investment banks to illegally and covertly flood the world with literally twice the amount of gold permitted by a 1999 international treaty. The suit also threatens to publicly expose the artificial manipulation of gold prices going much further back.

edit on 8/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

I'll be completely honest...how do derivatives work? I don't know and I'd really like to figure it out so I can understand this aspect of stocks/our economy. Anyone?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
He's either an idiot or he wants gold price to go up so he can cash in his gold for more worthless paper fiat money so yeah he's a moron.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Greenspan's remark was not a slip of the tongue but, rather, a nail in the coffin's lid. Furthermore, it's OUR CUE TO RIOT IN THE STREETS. Revolution, people. It's tiiiiiiiiiime.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Greenspan sure ain't to bright if he thinks that.

It just comes with the territory him and his type have been living in a different world for so long that they lost touch with reality. But then again they never were much in touch with reality, to begin with.

They don't seem to get it, there little ride is coming to an end. And no they did not create the ride in the first place, there all just living on borrowed time that those who created it give them. And its getting harder to feel pity for them, especially since they just don't seem to get it.

Money in this world is just a form of energy transaction, it's purpose is to keep the motion of the masses going. When the motion becomes clogged or outdated then money becomes meaningless, and without value. Not that it had any real value in the first place, after all its just paper, without the "magic" involved to imprint it into the hearts of flesh, and minds of humanity, it really is not worth the paper it's printed on.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

thats a great question I dont think I can explain it in text that might be for another thread. her are some videos that i think may help get you started.

edit on 8/8/2011 by -W1LL because: broken link

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by de Thor
Dang guys, whats with calling Alan Greenspan names? You all sound like little 7 year olds. The man is misguided, not a "jew slug."

When my parents were on their honeymoon in '89 they had dinner with him and his wife. At the time they had absolutely no idea who he was. Said he was just a normal person.

Ahh What?

Misguided!! a Man that been in the banking Business most his life and saw all the Dirty Laundry and Scam Profiteering and Loan Sharking and Shady Deals with
Foreign Relations & Big BIG Business through his Life Time

Misguided MY ASS!!!

Parents had Dinner with him a Honey Moon ?

Is at a Place that Charges 200.000 a plate?

I can ONLY Imagine that's were GreenSpan Would Be !

Well IM Guessing its not your Average Blue Collar Worker Restaurant !

Quotes On Banking and the Federal Reserve System FRAUD
www.barefootsworld.net...

Woodrow_Wilson Federal_Reserve_quotes
en.wikiquote.org...:Woodrow_Wilson#Federal_Reserve_quotes

Quotes About The Federal Reserve And Central Banking
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

edit on 8-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh wow, you guys are going to love this (watch the video)!!!

www.bbc.co.uk...

Note the response to the first question. "If worse got to worst, we could just print the money", right out of Steve Forbes' mouth.

What good is paid-back money if it's been devalued from essentially "just printing it" all the time!? Lol.

p.s. -- I love how his name is in the frame literally like 25+ times (in the background). Ego much?
edit on 8/8/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
well, this is the moron who deregulated the banks and then made the comment , "I didn't think they would be so greedy"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Karl Denninger says this tonight on his show, "QE2 has been erased in the last few days, but the prise of oil and food are high, think about that."

That really is something to think about, QE was used to support the markets, but they have fallen below the Jackson hole levels at which QE2 was anounced.
Moreover, during QE2 the economy slowed significantly, and now that QE2 has ended, the market collapses.
I wonder what the message will be tomorrow at fomc meeting, surely if QE3 is anounced oil and food will go even higher.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SimultaneousFinal

OUR CUE TO RIOT IN THE STREETS

Yeah, that's great....riot. And rioting will accomplish what? Damaged property, injured people, people winding up in jail....that oughtta show our government.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by -W1LL

Is he serious? We can always print money to pay debts? Well #, if that's the case I'm gonna start printing money too and pay off my car loan! Those with huge mortgages and student loans, or both, you should do the same!

It should be evident that the US dollar is make believe. They make it up out of thin air!

funny, it reminded me of this quote
After being questioned by the British Parliment about the colonies' new-found prosperity based on a fiat (worthless, without gold backing) paper money, without hesitation he replied:

"That is simple. In the Colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to the demands of trade and industry to make the products pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner, creating for ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay to no one." -- Benjamin Franklin

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Folks here are not getting it. What these guys are really saying is that if the congress is not capable of solving the debt problem, which would require increasing taxes, then just simply print the money. After all, it has the same effect as raising taxes, or cutting costs. At the end it is the American people that pay either through taxes, depletion of their savings as a result of having to pay for services the government cuts, or through inflation in the case of printing the money. Net effect? The same and we do not need to go through this spectacle.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's starting to look as though the psycopaths are starting to unravel psychologically. It's starting to take on the flavor of a vaudeville stage show.

In just the last week we've had:

Bernanke getting completely drunk in a bar and telling everyone how the dollar is completely f&*%d and the economy is completely f&%$d.

Article (with pics) here.
daviddegraw.org...

then we had this Greenspan insanity

and today we have Obama saying US is (sic!) and always will be AAA. Which sounds like the remark a sentimental drunk would make....and is totally disconnected from reality.

I'm not sure how to respond.....it's extremely worrying that these insane people have billions of dollars and deadly weapons at their disposal.....and yet the thought that something might be affecting them to the point of making them increasingly incoherent and unable to function, makes my heart jump with joy!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Bernanke getting completely drunk in a bar and telling everyone how the dollar is completely f&*%d and the economy is completely f&%$d.

That was a comedy satire article from The Onion, a joke website.
Even the site you linked to provided that as their source.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by wcitizen

That was a comedy satire article from The Onion, a joke website.
Even the site you linked to provided that as their source.

THANKS for pointing that out. ROFL.!
edit on 8-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I often feel that I make relative posts, yet often no one directly replies to them (way more often than not). My last post in this thread is utterly relevant. Please, someone reply before I give up contributing around here, heh.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

OY OY OY!
Oh wait. I'm Jewish.
Oi Oi Oi!

Anywho--don't our All-american hero marines have a saying? Well, they have several, I'm sure but one, in regards to new recruits, comes to mind here:

"Tear them down
and then
build them up."

In a more desirable image, I would imagine.

There are no blank canvasses left in the world and so we bold young painters must whitewash the sloppy work of our predessesors in order to lay our more pristine strokes upon the void and create a new work. A masterpiece or so we hope.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join