It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Not sure who this guy is, but to me he looks like your usual run of the mill jew slug.
He can say what he wants, and why not? What can we gohim do?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why isn't this scummy used car salesman with a suit in prison for destroying countries?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Dang guys, whats with calling Alan Greenspan names? You all sound like little 7 year olds. The man is misguided, not a "jew slug."

When my parents were on their honeymoon in '89 they had dinner with him and his wife. At the time they had absolutely no idea who he was. Said he was just a normal person.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And that is why our leaders have been hypnotising with stuff like "exports is good for the country", with its logical step, globalisation.

One country to another :
- You wanna buy my stuff ? sure, but you have to pay me with my money.
- But I don't have any.
- No problem, we'll just print some more.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Money that the Federal Reserve loans at interest creating more debt to the central bank. This is such a great idea.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

The comments on this thread had me laughing so hard my sides hurt, i want to thank you all for that.

Me, too, Forest!

When a vid this outrageous is posted, ATS is on FIRE! LMAO

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

The man is misguided, not a "jew slug."

Okay, let's compromise....

He's a misguided jew slug.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The greatest thing about this video is the fact that Ron Paul has educated an entire generation on money printing, inflation and the devaluation of currency. An explanation is no longer required, two words at the end of the video say it all: Ron Paul...The greatest thing about this video is the fact that Ron Paul has educated an entire generation on money printing, inflation and the devaluation of currency. An explanation is no longer required, two words at the end of the video say it all: Ron Paul...

Thank YOU!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Greenspan - just like all "Leaders" we have ever had - HAVE NO REAL IDEA of What Is Going On ,NOR How Things Work. When he was in, he just rode to trend and was lucky to be on the "upward wave".

USA has been falling since WWII --- going in DEBT, Staying In DEBT and MAKING OUR DEBT GROW ---- Nothing can go on with that MATH. ----Our Leaders have ALWAYS just "TAKEN" for them/theirs and manipulated whatever to make whatever "Appear to Be TRUE, Worthwhile and Good For US so It Will Make OUR WORLD BETTER FOR ALL ...

There is only so much fresh water, oxygen, gold, iron ore, land, food, etc. ---- If The FEW TAKE MOST, Then The Rest Will Always Suffer and thusly ALL (even the "top dogs") will eventually pay the price! ------ Even though the CAPTAIN of The Ship Sits HIGHER In The Ship, When The Ship Sinks - he/she &and family/friends too Go Down - just they are last--- maybe making it even more painful to see what their demise will look like -----

Everything connects to everything --- Without sight & foresight & CARING for ALL - nothing can/will continue but eventual EXTINCTION of the Species!

Good bye Mother Earth! We know you will be much better off without us!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The only surprising thing about this video is the reactions of some. Why do people still think this senile old fart believes what he says?

The truth is this: This sleazy traitor to the U.S. Constitution, along with his cohorts in Washington, planned the downfall of this country and are carrying it out magnificently while increasing their obscene wealth beyond any of our imaginations. He knows that printing money will destroy this country and bankrupt every last one of us, and that's exactly what he wants. And what's even worse is that they're all buying time by pleading ignorant while planning their move out of the country when the final collapse happens. No one will ever catch up to them and there will be no U.S. government left to prosecute him, ever. They are all modern-day Nazis who already have an "operation paperclip" waiting for them.

This is sickening beyond words.
edit on 8/8/2011 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Every country prints its own money. The fact is heavy inflation would occur if we just printed all that money out and paid off the debt. A loaf of bread would cost 300$.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Alan Greenspan and Rupert Murdoch look so damn similar...what was that thread about hybrid clones? lol

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What the flying fu*k?!?!?!?!!

That's all I can say. Sorry.

No, it's not. I wonder how nice it is to be a multi multi millionaire. Not a worry or care in the world, huh? Just throw money away.
edit on 8-8-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Greenspan is right. We can print enough money to pay off our debt so a U.S. default would not happen and the debt erased.

We can circumvent inflation by helping each other with goods and services being bartered between each other. Real commodities/services backed by real commodities/services. We wouldn't even need money between us, just make the foreigners need it.

We as a country, as citizens members, can help each other through it if we worked together and didn't try to stick it to each other, like everyone does out in town, then we come crying back, why is everyone so mean? I'm gonna stick it to them now, blah blah. Yeah right, we love each other. We only have each other to blame. There's no elite. We are all elite. So what about inflation, we can deal with the inflation, be like Braveheart, and if anyone outside of the U.S. wants to pay for anything in the U.S. we make them pay top dollar for it, well, it will already be there with the high inflation cost. And then the rest of us can barter and lower fees for each other ONLY, and act like a club. Right? Club? You all want to act so indedpendent and then cry when you feel so alone and poor, maybe working together as a team and quit trying to be so rebellious and independent will solve a lot of financial problems for everyone in the U.S. So, what ever. We can call ourselves the American Citizen Club. As far as banks go, and the interest rate, well it would be up to them to treat their fellow citizen as a friend and the banks in the U.S. can stick the high interest rates to the foreigners, like they should have from the very beginning. We can all take care of each other, as one big community we can control the money how we want to.

Then, all we need is for some really wealthy business owners to invest in manufacturing inside the U.S.

Why some are acting surprised that money is created out of thin air is beyond me. Each and everyone one of you is capable of determining a price on anything a person is capable of doing which is created out of thin air itself and then manifest into form, from waving to passerby's holding up a sale sign, to digging a ditch, to writing a story, to solving math problems, to talking on the phone. Anything. What is that worth, Two bucks for an hours time, to 500 grand an hour.

Please.

NFL players make money because most American citizens put a high dollar value to them. The NFL viewers set the standard, not the players, not anyone else. We could all easily make them poor and have them beg us to watch them play.

This is just one example.

Greenspan is right. He just can't come right out and say it, for what ever reason.

Anyway, someone financially smart can come and tweak this because it's hard to express in words what I mean, but you all are being way to analytical when the obvious answer is clear, it just requires team work.

I think most of you woudn't go for it because you'd lose something to complain about. You all knock every fricken solution down. Well sometimes solutions take sacrafice and team work, don't think a personal sacrafice outside of teamwork is going to work for you, or think, well I sacraficed top ramen and paid my car insurance means you are helping America become a better place. It just means your eating top ramen and your bill is paid.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by -W1LL

Is he serious? We can always print money to pay debts? Well #, if that's the case I'm gonna start printing money too and pay off my car loan! Those with huge mortgages and student loans, or both, you should do the same!

It should be evident that the US dollar is make believe. They make it up out of thin air!

Why would you print money?Surely you have an ole monopoly game laying around.Just use those bills!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Alan Greenspan and Rupert Murdoch look so damn similar...what was that thread about hybrid clones? lol

LOL! I was thinking the same thing yesterday when -WILL first posted this vid!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I wonder how nice it is to be a multi multi millionaire. Not a worry or care in the world, huh? Just throw money away.

Worse, printing money they don't have, and isn't theirs to spend, and then throwing it away.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by de Thor
Dang guys, whats with calling Alan Greenspan names? You all sound like little 7 year olds. The man is misguided, not a "jew slug."

When my parents were on their honeymoon in '89 they had dinner with him and his wife. At the time they had absolutely no idea who he was. Said he was just a normal person.

You are gonna need some eyeglasses or contacts soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They are taking the foreseen debt of humans who are not even born yet and turning them into IOU's. With America's population only around 500Million, and China at around 1.3Billion in population, you can see how they can get away with it...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
problem solved then, why didn't we think of this before.

Oh wait, Germany in 1930's and Zimbabwe in 2008 also had these brilliant ideas.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a trillion dollar bill in my wallet?
-----------
We could use $100 bills as toilet paper.

-----------
Instead of printing money, lets grow the economy and put everybody back to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join