It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So basically the feds are printing money out of thin air,with no gold/silver backing it up. Admitting it. So whats with the whole raising the debt ceiling? was that just a show for them to make up a super congress, are we americans seriously going to sit back and let them rape us? i'm glad I dont work for the system. for what? for a piece of paper that symbolizes currency that has no true value? no thanks I dont want to be a slave

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
hahaha america is paying its debt with hewlett-packard hundreds, jesus the press manufacturers should be asking for 5% of every dollar printed as a license fee to use the equipment....

i made this reply on a youtube when someone said "in time we will get an upgrade to AAA rating",

i said "how can that be an upgrade lets be honest now, a AA rating means your indentured financial slaves are worse of and slightly more f*cked than they were.

an A rating means your slaves a very very very F*ucked.

and a AAA rating means they don't know how F*ucked they really are".

And this is the truth if you were not downgraded everyone would still be thinking that a triple A rating is a good thing, now people can see that the AAA rating is a noose around the neck of every american and other soul in AAA rated countries, just means your government is good to create as much debt as they can spend and YOU pay for it.
edit on 8-8-2011 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

spot gold

thats what happens when this kinda BS economics is practiced

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
WE can print money???

Who is WE??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What currency are most contracts made in? The US dollar, it doesn't matter what the $US is worth against any other currency it is still a $US therefore he is right that the US could print and pay out any outstanding debt that has been agreed to be paid in $US's.

It could be tissue paper or dots and dashes in a computer as long as the FED and Treasury say it's a $US it's a $US.

Is he right? yes

Is it moral or fair? lol NO

This may be the point where trading partners demand a One World Currency for terms of trade because the US have a built in get out of jail free card if they choose to use it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by knkstumpy
This may be the point where trading partners demand a One World Currency for terms of trade because the US have a built in get out of jail free card if they choose to use it.

Thank you!
THIS is exactly what's in store and has been desired by the people controlling this fiasco since its inception long long ago,
The entire premise of 'central banking' relies on an end game result of unification of currency in circulation,
the Euro was first, now the the remaining 3 (America-Asian-Middle Eastern) have to be put into play,
there needs to be a 'reason' a 'triggering event' for this 'CURE' to be pushed.
We are watching it being done on purpose.
Crisis? There is no crisis.
This is CONTROL.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And someone actually wonders why the us economy is the joke it currently is, having had this man as the head of FED for twenty years what would you expect?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Greenspan, a David Icke lizard if I've ever seen one that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by knkstumpy

Which is precisely why countries want to move away from it.

If the US does that, no one will trade with them and it will become a 3rd world country with millions starving because they cant import food.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh my god... this is total nonsense! So is the situation with US running out of cash. Sure, there is probably a few places to cut spending compared to estimated total GDP, but it`s not really very out of balance. You`ll see new companies popping up all over the place in no time, unemployment will go down.

Do you really think FED would throw money out the window? Putting close to a total of 1,5 trillion dollars (edit: in QE1, QE2 and QE3) in the market was a smart move. Let`s call it "a gift to the people", in reality it was one of the biggest investments by any country ever made in such a short span. That investment is also on it`s way to give super-profit, and is going to become a super super extreme profit.

USA is gambling with the peoples money, also using debt.. the most interesting part is that it seems USA also is the house and runs the game

Actually,, all Americans are running the game as a democracy. The worst part is when half of the American people don`t want to raise the debt celing.. that a c t u a l l y contributed to the rating cut from AAA to AA+. Those that are undermining the government spending are actually the ones putting them selves out of jobs and sending the world economy into a downwards spiral.

Nuff said.
edit on 8-8-2011 by br0ker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Government aids to new farms would be a nice start!

The US has lots of mineral rich land, might as well use it. People would settle in new areas and start farms instead of jumping on the industry super highway.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Why won't the USA do that? I've kept thinking about this for awhile.
Congress 1: hey I have an idea to solve to debt, let's just print endless amounts of money.
Congress 2: how much of it do we get?
Congress 1: nothing, it has to go to the economy
Congress 2: DENIED! Don't you remember the plan? We just take Americas money, we aren't here tom fix their debt, free money for us.

That's pretty much how it would go.

But it's a perfect idea, why limit the potential of your species by a magical monetary system in which only has value if you believe it has value.

Congress isn't f*cling us over on purpose, they don't give a flying f*CK about anyone, it's all about the money. First America had 4 trillion cut off, then suddenly in a fee days it turned into 2 trillion, where the f*CK did all of the money go? Some could be said about so many more issues.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I dont think this is the solution.

America isnt getting out of this problem that easy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not sure why everyone is shocked by this statement, that is what has been going on since the inception of the "Federal Reserve".

The comments worry me on this thread, because it appears that many still do not understand the world monatary structure.

We are talking the world banks here folks, not the USA. They made the game, the rules, and the money systems, so if people don't like it, then don't buy into it.

Some really good facts for people that may want to educate themselves on the monetary system.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Greenspan is a dumb box of rocks and it's hilarious and tragic how so many people think he is a wise "wizard" who can finesse the country's way to prosperity through crooked accounting and endless easy credit. Maybe he could do it but Berbanke can't.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sure, print those Federal Reserve Certificates all you want. Why not? They've been doing it for decades already.
Look, you have two viewpoints on money. One equates everything as paper and one as precious metals.
With the current situation in America, we may see the dollar become effectively worthless in the next few months.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
this is gold hahahaha
had to bookmark this
priceless hahahah
im on today

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by knkstumpy

Which is precisely why countries want to move away from it.

If the US does that, no one will trade with them and it will become a 3rd world country with millions starving because they cant import food.

Wha????? The US has more arable acres per capita than any other country on the planet and produces more food per rabale acre per capita than any other country. Importing food isn't even close to being an issue. Oil is!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If we can just randomly print money, why don't we print enough to pay for everything?

Who needs taxes? All the government needs to do is print more cash, and then they can: (1) pay for Obamacare, (2) build up our national defenses, (3) pay of the national debt, (4) build a massive space program, and (5) hand out billions of dollars to the average citizens.

Everything will be solved!

Greenspan is a moron.

edit on 8/8/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

I would agree with you if I subscribed to the house of cards paper tiger theory,
but this cant and wont sustain itself on assigned goodwill and faith alone,
there needs to be tangible production and evidence of real growth to back up the theory you propose,
and there isnt.

edit on 8-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: typo

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join