It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hyper-inflation party at my house!!!

There will be a small entry fee to cover the $1,000,000 keg of beer.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Hyper-inflation party at my house!!!

There will be a small entry fee to cover the $1,000,000 keg of beer.

That's all? No worries, I just printed over 200 million already.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree, the look on that other guy's face was priceless!

Cannot believe Greenspan said that. Aside from that action reducing the value of the US Dollar to nothing, it also ignores the fact that the debt of owed by the US Government and the money is created by the Fed Reserve... and the Fed Reserve actually owns a large chunk of that debt.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
From what I understand this only works until other countries no longer want our worthless dollars then we have printed ourselves into a corner with nowhere to go but collapse.
Countries are already turning our dollars down at this point and this will lead to a collapse and the need to return to the gold standard.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Incredulous! Print more money sure, but doesn't it have to be worth something? It must be backed by a real commodity. Gold bars unlike gold plated tungsten would go a lot further to driving the US dollar back up. In lieu of gold, any other traded commodity would do. Even investor confidence would help the economy but with such mismanagement and no employable strategies in place to ensure an investors piece of mind, it is doubtful there will be any improvement in the foreseeable future.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
From what I understand this only works until other countries no longer want our worthless dollars then we have printed ourselves into a corner with nowhere to go but collapse.
Countries are already turning our dollars down at this point and this will lead to a collapse and the need to return to the gold standard.

I completely forgot about that Char-lee. china just said today that we are loosing our status as the Go to currency they have been watching us closely i feel tomorrow they may take action on their words and we will be stuck like you said in a corner with a collapse coming down from the top and nowhere to go.

it seems our war machine has turned into a debt machine.

you just had to go and remind us of that fact roger thanx!

edit on 8/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's really like someone just called his bluff, and now,
he's showing his real face.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

TThat is a treasonous statement from a psychopathic traitor if I ever heard one. He should be arrested and imprisoned in Gitmo for that.ext

My favorite quote of the day on ATS....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The commodities market will be opening up shortly. 6:00 pm eastern time I believe. That should give us a hint of things to possibly come tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

STOP the replies LMAO .. im crying and laughing at the same time this is insanity. I dont understand how he could say it I didnt believe it until i found that video.

"Stop the replies" .......I'm LMAO, too!

Yes, it is insanity....and the guy sitting next to him apparently thought so, too, by the look on his face. LMAO

link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

The cake is a lie.
2nd

link   
I will never understand how people became so complacent that they agreed to accept paper as exchange for goods and services. I am worth more than several notes labeled with numbers; my product is worth more than several notes labeled with numbers. I am worth gold and silver. My product is worth gold and silver.

It's time to stop being stupid, America, for the scam marks its 100th year of business in a mere two.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
OMG. What to say after Greenspan says that? It would be funny if we weren't slipping off the cliff. Print more money? Print more money?! You freaking idiot, that's what got us in the mess were in!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Greenspan has no business on "Meet the Press" if he thinks this idea of his is still plausible to the American public. I'd say whomever drove Greenspan to this "Meet the Press" gig should have taken a detour and parked his ass at the front door of a nursing home with a package of Depends, and then split.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
His problem is that up until recently he could say this and the ignorant masses would believe him... but the world is changing and liars like him cant get away wiith spouting these lies any more.
edit on 7-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Greenspan! STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE!!!
'
I just wet myself with the look on the other guys face!!!.

Money goes on trees!! yay!!!!!!! spedning spree, THANKS ALAN!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just going by the headline and video, isn't this what other financial success stories like the Weimar Republic, Argentina and Zimbabawe also thought about their currencies and economies? Spend all you want, they'll print more! Yeah...I don't think that worked out very well in any of those cases and it isn't going to end well for us either.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Greenspan is obviously in the advanced stages of dementia. I suppose next he'll tell us we can use Monopoly money as a reserve currency if our U.S. dollar crashes.

They should have put a rainbow afro wig and a big red nose that honks on Greenspan for this interview to go along with his viewpoints.
edit on 7-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
His problem is that up until recently he could say this and the ignorant masses would believe him... but the world is changing and liars like him cant get away wiith spouting these lies any more.
edit on 7-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

I think you've put your finger on it there, my friend. This is the type of BS he had been spewing for years. Today, though, people see that for what it is. As the responses here have shown.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And this unbelieveably huge MORON actually thinks he just said something clever. Is he a total retard, or is he mocking us all, knowing they have won already ? This is SO WRONG. I have always knew this is all a silly charade, but seeing this 30 seconds video showed to me that this is truly The End. Of everything. No one plays hide-and-seek anymore.

Mod Note - Edited out deliberate attempt to bypass the profanity censor
edit on 8/8/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join