It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will You Do When There is NO Disaster this year?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Elenin. Elenin. Elenin!

Its all I seem to be hearing lately. Everywhere I look only I see a new Youtube video about this impeding disaster that is supposed to occur around october-november this year.

Then you have that fema broadcast supposed to occur during the passage and possible impact of several heavenly bodies into our moon and/or Earth....bla bla gloom doom blaaaah.

My general feeling towards this is we may see a few things in the sky, but there Probably is not going to be any major disaster here on earth.....

To sum up my feelings towards "elenin" I wanted to link a thread I made a while back that is very dear to me.

Doom and Gloom

Thoughts? Comments?

--GeminiSky--
edit on 7-8-2011 by GeminiSky because: god damn spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well their has been the Japan quake for starters. Or are you being country specific?
As for the comets, I hope to view them. Their is also a nice meteor shower peaking around August 15th!
Add in the record flooding in the Miss., record tornadoes. That is enough for me plus the downgrade of our rating in the U.S.
edit on 8/7/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Who cares if it's elenin, economy, nibiru, solar flares, drought. To say that there already hasn't been disaster this year is just kinda crazy.

I'm lookin foward to the whatever just hoping it will be a great spectacle.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In response to your title I would say they will do the same thing they do every time a predicted disaster doesn't happen. Continue living and predicting the next one that probably wont happen. Or.........We will all be dead and it wont matter. Because they were all right!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Start munching on the MRE's. Go dig up my guns n gold.
Same thing if it does.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To be looking forward to seeing disasters is a bit sick anyway because I'm sure if Elenin, Nibiru, Plantet X or anything else is headed our way it's not coming with tea and biscuits for everyone. People will die and some will suffer imeasurable pain so why don't we think about that?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
In response to your title I would say they will do the same thing they do every time a predicted disaster doesn't happen. Continue living and predicting the next one that probably wont happen. Or.........We will all be dead and it wont matter. Because they were all right!

Hmm yes that is definitely a conundrum

My original video link that I put here has expired so I figured id include a random but relevant video reminding all of us to lighten up once in a while and think of the happier times we have had.

--GS--
edit on 7-8-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe it won't happen this year or even the next. But, to look at the history of the earth and to still think that we are all going to live forever is absurd. On June 30th, 1908 a fireball exploded 6 miles above western Siberia with a blast releasing 15 megatons of energy—about a thousand times that of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima—and flattened 770 square miles (2,000 square kilometers) of forest. Imagine if that had happened over New York City. It would affect nuclear plants among other things. We have alot of threats to worry about, but I would be much concerned about an Islamic nation working like hell to build a nuclear bomb. THAT MY FRIEND IS SCARY!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dezero
To be looking forward to seeing disasters is a bit sick anyway because I'm sure if Elenin, Nibiru, Plantet X or anything else is headed our way it's not coming with tea and biscuits for everyone. People will die and some will suffer imeasurable pain so why don't we think about that?

"Why dont we think about that?"

Im not saying dont be prepared, All im saying is that your thoughts create reality and can shift us into another parralel timeline "source code" style where a ELE does or does not occur....so yeh it DEFINETLY does matter what you think.

I will prefer to forget I even heard about this doom and gloom....remember Thoughts are Things.

Regards,

GeminiSky

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

who said anything about a disaster?

do you freak out whenever a new month comes?

or the New Year?

no.

we get drunk.. and make promises to ourselves to be better..

same thing here..

the end of the age of Pisces..

welcome to the age of Aquarius..

nothing more..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

who said anything about a disaster?

do you freak out whenever a new month comes?

or the New Year?

no.

we get drunk.. and make promises to ourselves to be better..

same thing here..

the end of the age of Pisces..

welcome to the age of Aquarius..

nothing more..

Are you drunk right now then?> May wanna brew a strong pot of coffee, clear your head a bit before rambling one out online.

--GS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The question is, what will the debunkers do when there IS a major disaster this year?

Besides, the Global economy is on the brink of collapse. What more of a disaster would you expect?
edit on 7-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The way we look at it we have to eat, so if we bought a little extra beans and rice and such ahead NP we will just have to buy less food later all the same now or later just have to eat more beans and rice then we may do at present.! The water may be a little wasteful as we have a great well and do not really need all the bottled water we have stored.

I think better prepared even if nothing happens, economy crash, bank closed no $$, sun flare, EMP, Elenin, Niribu
other asteroid, earthquake, tsunami a lot of stuff could happen soon the food will last a year and still be good. A little cash but we don't have gold or silver if the paper money is only good to light the fire.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Breathe a sigh of relief, but I'll prepare anyway. I hope the money I spend on food, water, generators, etc. is a complete waste. I would like nothing better than to decalre that I wasted several thousand dollars and many hours of preparation planning and time. If my heirs have to deal with dispensing with a couple hundred gallons of diesel and wind up throwing away a few dozen boxes of food, I will smile from the graveyard.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Breathe a sigh of relief, but I'll prepare anyway. I hope the money I spend on food, water, generators, etc. is a complete waste. I would like nothing better than to decalre that I wasted several thousand dollars and many hours of preparation planning and time. If my heirs have to deal with dispensing with a couple hundred gallons of diesel and wind up throwing away a few dozen boxes of food, I will smile from the graveyard.

Yeh, Im nowhere near as prepared. My reserve food supply consists of a box of trail mix fruit and nut grain bars.
(they are pretty tasty)

but thats about it.....

maybe a crossbow as well, that may help with food and security?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
All im saying is that your thoughts create reality and can shift us into another parralel timeline "source code" style where a ELE does or does not occur....so yeh it DEFINETLY does matter what you think.

I will prefer to forget I even heard about this doom and gloom....remember Thoughts are Things.

lol wut...srs? thoughts are things? ya in your brain and yours only, there is no external/internal force driving things.
thoughts create reality, but only if you act on them. If you're thinking about a comet hitting the planet, do you honestly believe that your THOUGHT is going to influence the outcome? give me a break...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Im not saying dont be prepared, All im saying is that your thoughts create reality and can shift us into another parralel timeline "source code" style where a ELE does or does not occur....so yeh it DEFINETLY does matter what you think.

Man, I was all prepared to be sarcastic and ask, what would you do if there was? And then I read your above quote, and that's the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Man, I was all prepared to be sarcastic and ask, what would you do if there was? And then I read your above quote, and that's the truth.

Yea, when you put not just your consciousness but the worlds collective consciousness then the collective thoughts **And FEARS** can become reality rather quickly.

GS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
All of this Elenin nonsense!!

Before this Elenin nonsense can occur, we still have Planet-X from 1999 to come!!

These nonsense doom scenarios are out of control. We're still waiting fro the 1999 Planet-X nonsense for crying out loud.

Its all nonsense.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
All of this Elenin nonsense!!

Before this Elenin nonsense can occur, we still have Planet-X from 1999 to come!!

These nonsense doom scenarios are out of control. We're still waiting fro the 1999 Planet-X nonsense for crying out loud.

Its all nonsense.

I would agree with you that Elenin is nonsense. For me that's not the real issue. A few years ago we endured what we here call the Arctic Express. Nomrally weather comes from the southwest off the Pacific, but his time it came from the North as an ice and wind storm. Electricity was out for over 2 weeks. Roads were blocked all over. A telephone pole nearest to my house broke and had to be replaced. I had a terrible open fireplace for warmth. They shipped linemen in from outlying states to help repair the damage. Then two years later it happened again.

I could easily imagine a scenario where the electricity was out for months, not weeks, and where people made a run on grocery stores which could not be replenished. I could also imagine a scenario where "social unrest" created an unhealthy situation. Now combine the two.

So I have taken steps to minimize the danger to myself and my family. I will never eliminate the threat, but I can minimize it. I live in an area where social unrest is unlikely. If the usual culprits were to appear as they have in the past, they'd have to walk on several miles of water to get to me. My guess is they won't bother.

If the electricity were to go off right now, it would take me about five minutes to get it back on again and run nearly everything in the house. I have enough fuel to last for about 600 hours. Used frugally a few hours a day to keep the water hot and the fridges cold, that's several months. I have about 500 gallons of water, with access to more, so that's also enough for months. My food should last for a year. I have enough seeds to grow thousands of vegetables, and have stored some commodities such as cases of beer to use in trade. I would not be able to last completely isolated for more than a year, but that's about a year longer than most other people.

And if someone decides they can take it away from me, well, then there are the firearms and 10,000 rounds of ammo. I am realistic enough to know that in the right kind of disaster my preparations might be for nought. It's possible. On the other hand, I believe it is foolish to dismiss preparedness because you think someone's latest doom scenario is faulty.

That's like the grasshopper laughing at the ants.
edit on 8/8/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join