It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US dollar already tumbling to record lows against the Yen and the Swiss Franc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let the collapse begin.

Dollar Tumbling To Record Low Against Swiss Franc, New Lows Against Yen

For an early look at the risk aversion gripping the market look no further than the USDCHF and the USDJPY, the first of which just took out 0.75, and the second now almost at BOJ intervention levels. Ironically, since the math Ph.D.s have still not recalibrated their models, it is very likely that the collapse in the dollar will lead to an explosion in ES courtesy of the inverse correlation, which will once and for all confirm that global capital markets and now nothing but a robotic circus.

You know the pundits on TV are gonna say it's bullish because the dollar going down will mean more exports and more profits! Or something like that...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes I expect the usual cheer squads to break out in rah-rah sessions tomorrow trying to boost peoples confidence to keep the house of cards in tact for one more day.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Euro collapse means dollar rally until flight to safety to gold = $10,000.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

For an early look at the risk aversion gripping the market look no further than the USDCHF and the USDJPY, the first of which just took out 0.75, and the second now almost at BOJ intervention levels. Ironically, since the math Ph.D.s have still not recalibrated their models, it is very likely that the collapse in the dollar will lead to an explosion in ES courtesy of the inverse correlation, which will once and for all confirm that global capital markets and now nothing but a robotic circus.

Can you translate that into "dummy" for me?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

of course CNBC Squawk team will be cheering, its their golden jobs at stake here...
If they cannot find the silver lining in the corpse of the FRN, then they will be viewed as doom-sayers
instead of eternal (pampered) optimists...
they must make a disconnect between themselves and negative financial news

bob chapman of the international forecaster has been anticipating the dollar falling below the 70 yen mark for over a year... i just didn't see the debt debate & the determined effort to squash the EUro so it couldn't compete against the FRN as the new benchmark/reserve currency as the 'triggers'

now i must concentrate of getting that big solar panel array to energize my house and sell excess electricty back to the SanteeCooper utility here in SC... too bad about the FOREX and bond & currency traders....but this $$ crap won't affect me in the interim...

say goodnight gracie

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Can you translate that into "dummy" for me?

Well certainly.

For an early look at the risk aversion (investors being afraid) gripping the market look no further than the USDCHF (US dollar VS Swiss Franc exchange rate) and the USDJPY (US dollar VS Japanese Yen exchange rate), the first of which just took out 0.75,(aka the dollar is going down compared to the swiss franc) and the second now almost at BOJ (bank of japan) intervention levels.(the bank of japan had devalued their currency on purpose last week to help exports... and the US-Yen exchange rate is now back up to where it was before the intervention) Ironically, since the math Ph.D.s have still not recalibrated their models, it is very likely that the collapse in the dollar will lead to an explosion in ES (stock markets) courtesy of the inverse correlation (every time dollar falls, stock market up), which will once and for all confirm that global capital markets and now nothing but a robotic circus (because most of the buying/selling in the stock market is done by computers).

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank you

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You know the pundits on TV are gonna say it's bullish because the dollar going down will mean more exports and more profits! Or something like that...

What exports? Only an idiot would buy an American car.

new topics

top topics

join