It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will Monday bring to the stock market?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There is more then a good chance nothing will happen tomorrow, perhaps even a recovery - I don't bother trying to guess what the markets do anymore.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The market is so confusing (or perhaps confused) anymore, with often seemingly polar opposite reactions to events worldwide. I have wondered of late, if I suddenly came into a lot of money, where would I be comfortable investing it? It seems like the traditional safe havens are no longer safe at all, but neither is keeping it in cash in any currency I can think of.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think the US and the European markets finish up tommorow. With official announcements that the ECB will buy Italian, Greece, etc debt, the markets will turn on a dime. I think tommorow will bring the best chance for buying stocks for many years to come. Treasuries and the dollar will react like nothing happened.

Let's face it. With all the fear and bad news out there, anyone who was going to sell for protection is already out of the markets. The simple fact is that to resolve this, the world's financial system will need to be completely reformed. i believe this is no longer a secret. All the actions of late have simply bought them time to do so. We are going to end up with a one world or 3-4 regional currencies.

So what happens then? Money in the bank and currencies will be exchanged into new currency. At what rate is anyone's guess, but it probably won't be beneficial. If the new system is based on precious metals then precious metals will be confiscated at whatever price the government decides. Again probably not beneficial. Stocks on the other hand, generally represent companies making real things that people will need and want, no matter what currency is used. It is almost a given that over the longer term stocks will do much better than most all other investment options.

Anyone who sells tommorow is really not the smartest cookie in the world. I would guess that those that do, are the same ones who sold at the bottom last crash and then bought back again much higher. Haven't they learned anything from the past?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join